Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE MoST AWesom CRoWFALL CompitiToN in the HIsTori Of THe WurLD!*

Deloria

I think its great the judge is anonymous

Frankly, i don't know how to feel about anonyjudges. It's definitely Panntastic.  :D  You know, once upon the time it happened that there were those people who ... well, that's a story for another day. ;)

Meanwhile i may present my little short story, a crow's battle diary. Nothing spectacular, it's part of the background story of my german community kingdom. And since i am no native speaker i would appreciate any feedback and help from those who are about the biggest muhnyomesstidup's. Preferrably via PM. ;)

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Mine could be so much better

Isn't that the generel authors-problem? :D

Have it too, btw.

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Mine could be so much better, but I rushed it. Meh, next one will be better, glad to be participating anyway. I need to read all others, only read like 3.

I suppose, but it's also fine to accept that it is the best you can do now with the time, resources and skills you have available right now.

Does this mean proficiency in writing is not a criterion?

When I wrote that I was thinking about the fact that we are an international community. I would say that spelling and grammar are secondary to the story -  but if you have writing as a *proficiency* then of course you would have a certain advantage.

I'm not the judge so its not up to me.. but I would hope that the judge would consider stories on their own merits - versus the sophistication of their editing.

SO yeah ... in my mind originality and creativity trump writing proficiency :)

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

We totally need a short story compilation ebook after this.

It would be cool to see a few of these stories cross over into one another; if authors would be willing to let others borrow names, settings etc.  With unlimited EKs it doesn't take away from any established lore, as the authors can create numerous worlds, and even within 1 world  there could be lots of different areas that authors describe.

lUvvzPy.png

IMO, I hope the CF community chronicles some of the campaign worlds.  I want to see annals spanning different campaign worlds, showing the ebb and flow of the geopolitical simulation, and creating sick RP stories along the way.  That would make a cool ebook too.  Especially with screenshot editing.

Edited by mourne

IMO, I hope the CF community chronicles some of the campaign worlds.  I want to see annals spanning different campaign worlds, showing the ebb and flow of the geopolitical simulation, and creating sick RP stories along the way.  That would make a cool ebook too.  Especially with screenshot editing.

I plan on doing this for whatever campaigns my guild ends up involved in. We'll have to see how time-consuming that is, though.

Rushed? Mine was created barely a few hours after! XD

Digital high five, Sephyxia! :D

Cloud, your lucky, your story will be my breakfast-reading ;P

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

We just hit 20 entries! Awesomeness!

We still have 11 days left so I really really hope that there are a few more keyboard tappers out there running their masterpieces through spellcheck for us right now.

And please don't forget that everyone is a winner here. Crowfall is a blank canvas waiting to be filled in by the fans. We the community are getting free stories - crafted with love and effort by dreamers which can only make our world richer and more vibrant. 

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com