Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deloria

THE MoST AWesom CRoWFALL CompitiToN in the HIsTori Of THe WurLD!*

O_o

explain yourself! I mean, we already have, haven't we? ;)

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Write from the first person perspective of your favorite archetype (The Roleplay view) and feature at least one deity from the Crowfall pantheon in your story. Set your story in the Crowfall universe.

To what extent does the deity need to be included? Does he/her need to physically be present, or is a mention enough?

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

To what extent does the deity need to be included? Does he/her need to physically be present, or is a mention enough?

Uhm - personally I would like to see them at least talked about. I dont think every story needs to be "I talked to my god and they had this to say...."

I think if the deity is not directly present then a reference to them should have implications for the story, or be a theme for its direction. A motivation or a barrier in  the way of the protagonist?

... but I'm not the judge so...  I think I will leave it up to the judge to decide :)

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

If only we could submit more entries~

Maybe make a small drabble challenge.

(Kinda disappointed that there's no new lore yet~)

I give you my word this is not the last RP compeititon you will see :)

The shallow lore we have is maybe all we get. JTC said he purposely went lore light in latest update. Which is said because the SB lore was so well done.

I sincerely believe we are going to have our minds blown when they do the big lore reveal.

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I just applied my own short story. I don't expect I'll be anywhere near the top ten, with my crippling asperger and frustrating dyslexia. But I thought it would be fun to throw my own hat into the mix none the less.

And I just wanted to thank you for hosting this little contest. It has been a blast reading through the other stories and seeing every one take their own spin on the CF universe.

Lf6MJUL.png

Meryk - Member

And so finally we come to the end!

To our awesome writers: Thankyou so much for your entries and your efforts. 

Without further ado here are the winning entries: 

This was a really great story with interesting characters that left the judge wanting to know more of the protagonist's story.

Good little story with an interesting main character.- The Judge wanted to more about the relationships between the group.

Third place.  Fun character and a good story.

Congratulations to you all! All Prizes have been sent to the winners - please pm me if theres any problem.

Thankyou to all of our writers: For your hard work and positive creativity!

General notes:

We have had 25 entries - many tens of thousands of words which grow Crowfall to be ever more interesting, and its community to be ever more awesome. Not a single word was a waste  of space when it goes towards building our community.

Please take a look at the roleplay section now! I hope it inspires others to try and put their dreams to text.  It buzzes with your talents, and gives all of us so much hope and excitement for the future of Roleplay and fan fiction in Crowfall.

I want to thank Art+Craft for supporting this and especially Pann who went looking and found us our judge!

I also want to say that our tireless judge has remained anonymous and totally independent throughout the whole thing, so I have 100% confidence in their objectivity (Personally I would have given prizes to anyone who mentioned Cybele #justlovehertobits). I've also asked Pann to let the judge know its OK to come out from the Shadows now - just to get some hugs and kudos for their hard work :)

Not everyone can win of course. The Judge has communicated that in the end picking the winners came down to strong story and interesting characters.

The winning entries stood out in these regards - with the judge left wanting to know more. 

Otherwise, many entries were narratives or stream-of-thought descriptions that fitted for RP, but it was a short story competition after all, so extra points went towards having a structured story approach - for example with beginning, middle and end. 

Lastly: I promise there will be more competitions - and even if you didn't win a prize please don't stop writing - there's some damn fine stuff here and these characters you have created need their stories to be told!

In the meantime, with all your permissions I would like to try and put these stories together in an ebook format and make them presentable for download as a nice christmas present to the community. Please let me know if thats something you would like to see: Also any updates or edits you would like to make would be very welcome :)

End.

book_v6_400x300.jpg

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Congratulations to all the winners!! It's takes some passion and a lot of time to make these and you all did a great job!

Thanks Deloria for setting this up and running an awesome event.

We also posted the winners on discord to make sure everyone got the praise they worked so hard for :D

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Deloria for putting the contest together. It was incredible to see so many entries. My friend "Blindtemple" had his work cut out for him as he selected the winners from such a big pool of great stories. 

The funny thing is that now he's eager to try Crowfall, so I expect you'll be seeing him around before too long. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community