Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Summoned Mounts

baerin

Most of the pledge packages contain a "summoning figurine," but I must say I'm quite tired of games that chalk mounts up to wisps of magic that can disappear when it's convenient. I would much rather a system like Black Desert's with fully realized mount interactions and useful stables.

Maybe I'm alone in this? Are these mounts the exception rather than the rule?

What do you guys think?

I don't care about "magic" mounting (where does the Horse go when I die? He just runs home?) but one this I would LOVE to see is a stable where I can have my mounts visible in my stronghold. Just wandering around, that would be pretty sweet for RP.

This please. The mounts are so pretty I don't want to hide them, and this would give us a reason to collect them all.

I'm not a big fan of pocket mounts. I wouldn't mind them as much if they were rare.

On the plus side, ACE said a long time ago that they would be lootable.

They also said it would be possible to tame wild creatures to become mounts. These may not be figurines.

Some interesting stuff in this old Kickstarter Update.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

riders of Icarus is a game all about taming and collecting mounts . but it got old because the mounts were only summons and the taming ritual was the same minigame every time.

So absolutely I would love to see persistent mounts here.

@Jah that kickstarter link pretty much states that some mounts especially wild tames are not inventory/figurine based - which is great news thanks!

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I'm not a big fan of pocket mounts. I wouldn't mind them as much if they were rare.

On the plus side, ACE said a long time ago that they would be lootable.

They also said it would be possible to tame wild creatures to become mounts. These may not be figurines.

Some interesting stuff in this old Kickstarter Update.

I will always like sauce! Great link too. I had forgotten that they would decay just like everything else. Also I'm fairly certain the website FAQ is verbatim, I just hadn't looked at it.

riders of Icarus

I got right up to where they asked me to kill 10 boars and uninstalled.

Sooo the FAQ kindly linked by Jah pretty much puts my fears to rest. Here's some copy pasta. I highly recommend you all go read the Mounts FAQ.

Players with the right skill(s) will be able to tame certain creatures they find in the world, and some of these can be ridden as mounts. Additionally, some magic items will allow the player to manifest (summon) a mount from your inventory.

8. YOU SAID THAT MOUNTS CAN DIE. CAN FIGURINE MOUNTS DIE?

Yes, but figurine mounts have multiple lives. When it dies, the item takes some decay, and there is a delay timer before the mount can be summoned again. Remember that these are items, so they follow the same design philosophy as everything else: nothing lasts forever.

Cool, oddly enough I haven't even thought about mounts in Crowfall at all. Probably because of Shadowbane not having any. I lean more towards the side of pocket mounts that never die. Dealing with mounts is just another thing that consumes my time that isn't fun.

FDtg86d.jpg

Well, as all items are lootable if you die, vessels included, having magic pocket mounts would not make much sense in CF.

On top of that, mounts allow a faster movement of troups, which leads to a great strategical component in campaigns.

So, I definitely support the idea of permanent mounts, which can be stolen, or killed, or whatever. But a good system between realism and playability has to be designed.

Plus I suppose that at least two types of mount will exist: classic mounts, and pack pigs, which add another interesting component in moving goods.

Now, I understand that people would like to customize mounts, collect them, display them, etc. So why not do so for mount skins instead? These could be crafted, looted, bought in the game shop, could be attached to mounts, but could not be looted/stolen.

This would create an enjoyment for players, while saving the strategic importance of the mounts.

+1 to the Black Desert mounts

*pets his tier 8*

make it a part of animal handling skills in general so there is a "cost"

Pokémount is dumb, but it's the cheap solution. Given the cheap production value so far, I doubt they can do a quality mount system, even games about mounts and pets fail.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I like the idea of having mounts in a stable, or a farm area; it makes the world feel more alive.  I'm not sure how to handle theft of mounts, when they are stabled, which is slightly different than looted mounts from PvP.

What happens when a mount is looted that has a cool skin, that the person looting the mount doesn't have?  Will it be like the archetype armor (which I really dislike) where the mount skin turns back to the generic skin, instead of the nightmare mount they thought they were getting.

I would like to see a system where mounts run back to the riders primary dwelling, and during a fight if the mount is not killed it runs away.  If it's killed during the fight, or on the way back then it can be looted; however if the mount makes it all the way back to the riders primary dwelling then it is "safe", whatever safe means.  How many mounts will able to be summoned at a time?  If you already have one out, and you summon another one, does the first just vanish?

There are a lot of things they could do with the code, but in the end it makes for a lot of complexity that may be overkill.  Keeping things simple and just having vanishing/summoned mounts may be the right direction.

lUvvzPy.png

Well the skin could be an account item, unlocking the skin at the account level for every mounts of the type the skin is for. As long as the player owning it chooses to use it for his mounts of course.