Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charliechaos

EK -solo or guilds pro cons

So I back the game awhile ago been on and off reading and keeping updated but I seem to have gotten lost with EK.

If I am a solo player what benefits are there to having say a citadel instead of a fort. How does my game play change or what might be more difficult for upkeep and what not.

If I am in a guild and I want to build a citadel or some larger area what effect does that have on being in a guild if they already have one?

Crowfallsig2.png

Hi,

I dont think solo players need to worry - Citadels and the such really only matter to groups. Its a way to collect taxes and build great things through group effort.

The only way I think it might matter to you is if the devs decide some buildings or services can only be planted in a large parcel:

Every building you add to your parcel is going to require space - and theres speculation that upgrading to better versions of, for example, a blacksmith or carpenter would mean taking up more space - so eventually only the largest cities are going to have enough space for all the good stuff and the fully upgraded trade and craft shops.

Its very possible that if you wanted to be a master craftsman in a chosen profession that your ultimate workshop might fill up a small stronghold or even be too large for it. We need to know more about how the devs intend crafting to occur and what bonuses are attached to buildings (whetehr these go up with building quality).

Otherwise I think the major different between small strongholds and large ones is the density of buildings / items you are allowed to have, as well as the amount of people that can gather.

The numbers have swapped around a bit but for example a large castle is supposed to be able to hold 2 x as many players as a small one. A mountain citadel 2 x as many as a large castle. A capital can hold 2 x as many as a mountain citadel.

So basically a small fort is going to be able to house *a few people* Right up to a few hundred with a capital.

So if you wanted to build a trading hub and invite merchants and shop keepers and such as well as let your friends and guildies hang with you then the larger the better - and also you can gain the bonus of blessings from multiple statues etc...

Until we know more its all speculation - I hope this helps at least with the discussion :)

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

I appreciate it and it does help a lot.

I was thinking of putting together a guild but I was confused cause everyone gets their own EK so i had no idea how going to others or even finding them would work out or if it even mattered.

Crowfallsig2.png

well I think the better question first should be - how many players are needed to support a certain type of building. I think a Fort can be managed by a solo player with some effort (upkeep costs, resources to build, etc.) while a palace may be impossible for a solo player to build (though I'm thinking whether I should try it or not xD) let alone pay the upkeep cost. 

About having multiple buildings from the same type - well I think if people combine their assets (if that is possible in the first place) they will be able to build even bigger structures than a Palace. For example if you combine multiple citadels or castles you may build something similar to the palace layout/concept. Or if you combine multiple palace packages you will be able to build a massive city structure with multiple palace wall rings or so.... *day dreams*

well anyway there is much to come so we'll see

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

So in theory the concept is say a guild the members give up using their EK to combine onto the Guild Leaders which then becomes the guilds EK. They place and help build and handle upkeep oh a single large area compared to their smaller one

Crowfallsig2.png

Im still not to clear on the EK's myself. Do you have the option to expand to be as big as a guild's EK if you have the resources ? What point does a EK transfer from a player owned to guild owned?

Why would you allow fighting inside your EK? Is there a point too it ? How does stealing factor in, if at all?

If you have vendors and what not to sell your stuff but you had open pvp why would anyone risk it?

In shadowbane they had "training" cities that you chould go and train up. The funny part was they entire world outside the starting area was open pvp. I remember so many times running back and forth between the bank and the trainer only keeping enough to train a few skill points so if i died i didint lost all my training gold.

I really enjoyed it but i could see that this would be more of an annoyance then enjoyment to alot of players.

CfWBSig.png

Im still not to clear on the EK's myself. Do you have the option to expand to be as big as a guild's EK if you have the resources ? What point does a EK transfer from a player owned to guild owned?

There is no actual guild EK. It will be an EK from someone who declared his/her EK to be the guild EK, most likely the one from the Guild Leader of a guild. It will not be bigger than a normal one.

Read this:

I hereby declare my personal Eternal Kingdom to be Caldera's guild EK.

Done. Easy peasy.

To make things confusing again, we might be able to 'stitch' our EK's together, so we can combine our EK's into one big giant world instead. One EK is 5km2, so how big would 16 EK's stitched together in a perfect square be? 20km2 Yes. That big. Now imagine 50 guildmembers combining their EK's ... or maybe even 100? .... *brain explodes*

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Also I think EKs are even more flexible because you can still have your own EK and 'donate' parcels of land and buildings to other players or 'guild' EKs.

You will always own your parcels but you can place them in other EKs. So 100km x 100km maybe possible (maybe!). And again from what I understand about the tech it's not dependent on server size because EKs (and CW) span several servers.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

well I think the better question first should be - how many players are needed to support a certain type of building. I think a Fort can be managed by a solo player with some effort (upkeep costs, resources to build, etc.) while a palace may be impossible for a solo player to build (though I'm thinking whether I should try it or not xD) let alone pay the upkeep cost. 

About having multiple buildings from the same type - well I think if people combine their assets (if that is possible in the first place) they will be able to build even bigger structures than a Palace. For example if you combine multiple citadels or castles you may build something similar to the palace layout/concept. Or if you combine multiple palace packages you will be able to build a massive city structure with multiple palace wall rings or so.... *day dreams*

well anyway there is much to come so we'll see

I seriously hope I didn't buy a small castle in order to not be able to use it/support it in my own EK/as a single player -_- 

There is no actual guild EK. It will be an EK from someone who declared his/her EK to be the guild EK, most likely the one from the Guild Leader of a guild. It will not be bigger than a normal one.

Read this:

I hereby declare my personal Eternal Kingdom to be Caldera's guild EK.

Done. Easy peasy.

To make things confusing again, we might be able to 'stitch' our EK's together, so we can combine our EK's into one big giant world instead. One EK is 5km2, so how big would 16 EK's stitched together in a perfect square be? 20km2 Yes. That big. Now imagine 50 guildmembers combining their EK's ... or maybe even 100? .... *brain explodes*

Did the devs say this would be possible ("stitching" EKs together)? if so, that would be awesome :D 

I seriously hope I didn't buy a small castle in order to not be able to use it/support it in my own EK/as a single player -_-

Maintenance will come up for buildings. So you may be able support your castle. We don't know yet if the thronerooms count as buildings. Anyhow, the less buildings, the less upcoming maintenance. The more farmland parcels around the stronghold parcel, the less maintenance cost.

Did the devs say this would be possible ("stitching" EKs together)? if so, that would be awesome :D

Todd said that in theorie this would be possible with their system, but they don't know yet if they will do it. But the same happens with campaign world, so the chances are not the worst.