Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Keeping the small group combat alive.

Kcing

I so enjoy the current combat testing and the way it matches up small groups of players for some quick combat fun. Since the programming is already mostly done it seems like a cool feature to include in the EK's for players willing to sponsor it by providing parcels, structures, resources etc... to fight over. You could have toggles for things like looting and building destruction for players wanting different risk levels. I believe it would attract  casual players to the game thus creating a higher demand of quality resources from the CW's for the hard core players to prosper from. Also more casual players mean more cash flow for ArtCraft which means more game development for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think Casuals are going to have a issue with getting items. Win or lose you get stuff and based on what you did to help out you get a return. So Casuals still get stuff just at a lower rate as people who put more time in.

And they have said, there is a option to never go to the campigns, you can take resources and craft them in to items, its going to be a full time role apparently.

Also passive training is going to be huge. Active training will play a role as well but passive training where most of the skill is gained which is why there is limited passive training slots. This helps out casuals as well.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Are you asking for PvP arenas? With rewards?

I'm asking to make the current combat testing system part of the actual game that we can use in our EK's. As time goes by and if it's popular, they can expand on to include things such as rewards that won't conflict with the CW game play. The skirmishes could actually be a resource sink as the keep will need to be built and repaired after battle. But for now I'm just suggesting to include what they already have. I believe it is a huge extra for us while requiring the least amount of work from the ArtCraft team.

I really enjoyed the heck out of the open matches you could join in Warhammer Online. I don't remember what they were called but the Hunger Dome sure dredge up those memories.

*At this point, I haven't been able to fully enjoy the HD. Too many freezes for me but the thrill of the HD and alike is a great fix.

I'm asking to make the current combat testing system part of the actual game that we can use in our EK's. As time goes by and if it's popular, they can expand on to include things such as rewards that won't conflict with the CW game play. The skirmishes could actually be a resource sink as the keep will need to be built and repaired after battle. But for now I'm just suggesting to include what they already have. I believe it is a huge extra for us while requiring the least amount of work from the ArtCraft team.

I think these modes are great options to add to the EK. Allow us to run our own Hunger domes/ SP if we want to! There need not be any rewards or anything but just fun with buddies and If the EK owner wanted to host like a tournament and offer prize support they could do that on their own.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Well here is a post made from someone right out of the bag, though with seasoned experienced with MMO's. Most of them have failed me, except Shadowbane back in 2004 when I played. I have reverted to playing Second Life the last few years to escape the grind.

So from "PVP arenas with rewards" we usually go for loot based on our own selves. But here we are talking about a game where hopefully this wouldn't happen,

instead being used besides "arenas" were strategic locations groups of players would fight over for resources which is more in line with a simulation. I hope this will be the simulation/sandbox I have been looking for, it does sound promising.

So in turn, "pvp arenas with rewards" are meant for solo gamers that arent in a position of caring for a team of people they enjoy coordinating with for strategic resources in PVP. This would mean the PVP would be in a generated session whereby the computer matchmakes everyone to fight for their team and it does not matter who wins, RATHER that we do as we are speaking of here where a group already is made and that the map changes along with the resource payouts gradually overtime for the devastation that changes it which is quite brilliant. A sense of randomness is being discovered that is what makes games rule.