Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrong parcel in KS Large Castle?

I see the Large Castle in the store has the following parcel "Parcel Capital Rank 1 - a Capital stronghold parcel (rank 1)"

I have a KS Large Castle, and the highest ranked/largest parcel I have is "Parcel City Rank 3 - a City stronghold parcel (rank 3)"

Now I haven't emailed support or anything yet as I realise that they just did the split into the 4 parts of the Stronghold bundles, and the parcels that came with the 2016 Large Castles WERE at one point the City and not the Capital, so it may very well be an issue with the script that they ran to split up the packages into the new 4 components. Or the KS/2015 come with a lower rank parcel (which I doubt is the intent)

Anyone else have this same issue? Is this localised to me, or more of a widespread issue?

It's normal. In the shop it is a premium province rank 2 parcel for the citadel and a premium province rank 3 for the palace. Since there is no other stronghold between a large castle and a citadel, you can assume that a city parcel rank 3 and a capitol parcel rank 1 is the same thing: the parcel of a big castle.

It's normal. In the shop it is a premium province rank 2 parcel for the citadel and a premium province rank 3 for the palace. Since there is no other stronghold between a large castle and a citadel, you can assume that a city parcel rank 3 and a capitol parcel rank 1 is the same thing: the parcel of a big castle.

I see what you're getting at, but my thoughts are that in a Small or Medium Castle the parcel are the same design and are shown as a 6 cell parcel as a 4x2 rectangle with the top two corners missing - https://s3.amazonaws.com/artcraft-web-crowfall-media/store/items/ParcelArt_6cell_City.png .

Where as the Capital Parcel is a 8 cell parcel, put together as a 3x3 square with the bottom right corner missing - https://s3.amazonaws.com/artcraft-web-crowfall-media/store/items/ParcelArt_8cell_Capitol.png So I would have some doubts that the design and cells making up the parcel would change as you ranked up the parcel. Just given as the parcel remains the same between Rank 1 (SC) and Rank 2 (MC) then the name changes for the LC.

Maybe the Capital parcel is actually the same as the Province Parcel, and the name itself changes going from LC to Citadel/Palace?

Also, from the EK FAQ:

10. ARE ALL OF THE STRONGHOLD PARCELS THE SAME SIZE AND SHAPE?

No. There is a progression of strongholds that determines the number and shape of contiguous cells.

The progression is: Estate, Fort, Keep, Castle, Fortress, Citadel and Palace. For each of these types, there is a small, medium and large version.  Each tier of the same type will fit within the same footprint (i.e. “Tetris shape”).

If you upgrade to a Medium Keep, your parcel will get more occupancy and more buildable area.  It also upgrades cosmetically. The Large Keep does the same, becoming more useful and impressive than the Medium Keep.

And remember, all three sizes of “keep” fit within the same footprint (i.e. the H-shaped Tetris piece). This was done so that you can upgrade a stronghold from small to medium to large of the same type without having to rearrange the surrounding resource land parcels.

There actually is a stronghold type between Castle and Citadel.

And according to this FAQ, a Large Castle parcel would normally have the same footprint as the small and medium version.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

(These FAQ also says that a cell is 200x200m. Which has been changed for a while.)

Point is: The whole parcel/cell/kingdom/title/stronghold/campaign/map stuff is in development right now. Things regarding those aspects may change from day to day now. And some day we will get news about what the thing is now. Until then we can only guess - and it is very unlikely that we will get answers before).

I guess

- this discrepancy is not a bug. it just says "we aren't sure ourselves yet".

- the newest information is always the most important, since it obviously reflects the most recent solution

- todd wrote a while ago "a capitol city parcel will support...". at this moment i was wondering why he wrote capital city, while city parcels are for castles and capitol parcels are for the two biggest strongholds.

- now i think this was some kind of pre-information about what we might get.

- gordon told us that the whole title system is under review, but that we will get the same title we would've gotten with the same parcel/stronghold/vassal combination.

- the indicated restructuring smells like being part of this review.

given that citadel and palace packs include a castle throneroom, i would guess that "big castles" might have the typical town parcel size -- but some advanced features a bigger province parcel will have, once it reaches big castle state.

so i don't think the descriptions indicate a bug. they are just under construction and not carved in stone yet.

Edited by Kraahk

(These FAQ also says that a cell is 200x200m. Which has been changed for a while.)

Point is: The whole parcel/cell/kingdom/title/stronghold/campaign/map stuff is in development right now. Things regarding those aspects may change from day to day now. And some day we will get news about what the thing is now. Until then we can only guess - and it is very unlikely that we will get answers before).

I guess

- this discrepancy is not a bug. it just says "we aren't sure ourselves yet".

- the newest information is always the most important, since it obviously reflects the most recent solution

- todd wrote a while ago "a capitol city parcel will support...". at this moment i was wondering why he wrote capital city, while city parcels are for castles and capitol parcels are for the two biggest strongholds.

- now i think this was some kind of pre-information about what we might get.

- gordon told us that the whole title system is under review, but that we will get the same title we would've gotten with the same parcel/stronghold/vassal combination.

- the indicated restructuring smells like being part of this review.

given that citadel and palace packs include a castle throneroom, i would guess that "big castles" might have the typical town parcel size -- but some advanced features a bigger province parcel will have, once it reaches big castle state.

so i don't think the descriptions indicate a bug. they are just under construction and not carved in stone yet.

I get that it's all in development and nothing is written in stone, and everything is up to change, and so on and so forth.

But seeing how the 2016 Large Castle description  says it contains the Capital Parcel (and has a picture of the new parcel) either there is a bug in terms of Website error (LC doesn't actually contain a Capital Parcel) or the script they ran bugged out and missed at least my and Jah's LC packages and left us the City Parcel. (as I seriously doubt they are going to punish early backers by not giving them the Capital Parcel if that's what it is supposed to have) 

​Either way I'd still think it is a bug in terms of there IS a discrepancy between the two. Could be that they haven't decided what package gets what, but at that point they shouldn't have updated the description of the post 9/1 LC and changed the parcel picture.

And I'd hate to see Gordon being flooded with support requests because people have "the wrong thing in the package" (hence why I posted here asking if I was the only one or not)

[...] But seeing how the 2016 Large Castle description  says it contains the Capital Parcel (and has a picture of the new parcel) [...]

Could be that they haven't decided what package gets what, but at that point they shouldn't have updated the description of the post 9/1 LC and changed the parcel picture.

Haven't seen that yet. You are absolutely right. Capitol parcel for large castles. Nice.

The packages get what the packages get. If a capitol parcel is part of a large castle, then this is nothing else but another upgrade. Congratulations. I have to update my stronghold comparison. :)

edit: done

Edited by Kraahk