Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Valeric

Interest in Dueling?

I know dueling and 1v1 combat is really not the main focus of the game, and the combat isn't really geared for that either. I don't really want it to be. However, I find (and maybe you do too) the opportunity to square off 1vs1 against another player can be a very exciting experience. One thing I thought was really cool that happened in ESO was players forming their own dueling guilds. The game offered no official arena or anyway to find 1v1s, so players agree to meet up in a spot and square off into 1v1s or organize tournaments. It was a lot of fun and served as a good way for players across factions to discuss builds, share wisdom, and practice against each other. I'm just curious to see, Is there anyone in the Crowfall community interested in the idea of duels or possibly forming a dueling community?

A fighting arena/ gladiator pit type structure would be a good addition to buildings in the cash shop. Turn on pvp for that parcel, set your own rules!

I'm usually not too interested in 1v1 dueling because I mostly play support  :P  - however having some way to also practice 3v3, 5v5 would be fun.

tiPrpwh.png

I think they should have to option but, what I want to avoid is the idea that all archetypes should be balanced on a single combat level. I'd prefer for each archetype to fill it's intended roll over being balanced across the board.

Todd said as much several times hasnt he?

PFq3vWQ.png

Todd said as much several times hasnt he?

and the original post said so too.

It isnt even necessary that all things are viable many games are even better for it to keep the meta fluid. Great idea! I am sure it will form no matter the support / circumstance =D

I AM ME!
I love you all.

I feel that if it is for fun, then yes - /duel to your heart is content ... and I agree with IdeaMatrix - "I want to avoid is the idea that all archetypes should be balanced on a single combat level. I'd prefer for each archetype to fill it's intended roll over being balanced across the board."

1) best way is darkfall duels style:

after player A request player B duel, they chose deposit or set it to zero. winner automatically get deposit (if crowfall have no gold, then it can be removed)

after duel started, there are automatically generated area (color effect like Hunger), in some1 left area - he lose.

2) duelling areas - separated tiles which can be created in kingdoms or should be in campaigns in special places which allow to fight each others any1 who get in.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Isn't this what you could use your EKs for. Set aside an area for PvP and you have your arena. If you want it make it happen.

main idea here probably how to fight you friend (guildmate or fraction ally)

duels need for pvp players to relax between wars and test some pvp tricks before fail it in real fight.

if I right understand it ofc.

teso fraction style if crutch and bring nothing but inconvenience

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

I really don't think dueling can work in this game in any meaningful way. Some archetypes completely counter others. Like knight and confessor for example. Some archetypes have crazy self sustain (like ranger) while others have none. Maybe with runestones things will change, we'll see. 

I believe we will be able to turn PvP on and off on the EKs, so that could be a way to duel. Turn it on and have at it! Assuming people can agree on looting rules and such. It would be cool to also be able to regulate the level of PvP in the EKs, if looting is allowed etc.

I think the game concept already supports ways of dueling in a safe place. Dueling inside the campaign could be a dumb idea, even if dueling doesn't kill you, there could be someone waiting nearby just to kill dueling people and get their stuff. Maybe inside a Stronghold you control would be an exception to that.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

I don't see why a sanction is necessary, just find a spot and fight, special arrangements eliminate emergent behavior.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

My guild is planning on allowing trial by combat so hopefully it is a thing lol

Oh snap..  ^_^

Yes, hopefully in the higher Risk/Reward campaigns like in the Shadows & Dregs.

I don`t know if the option is necessary in the God`s Reach faction campaign, but I don`t see any harm in it to be honest.  :)

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Duel all you want, but if I see an enemy he's gonna die.  I couldn't care less if you and he were "dueling".

At least in the campaign world

Edited by calidor

Duel all you want, but if I see an enemy he's gonna die.  I couldn't care less if you and he were "dueling".

At least in the campaign world

Well, the point of dueling is to get better at fighting, so pick a fight at ur own risk ;)