Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phylor.the.Jester

-W- in Hungerdome 9/6/16

Some footage from the 9/6/16 10PM test.

Some of us in Winterblades were testing out some settings changes to see how it improved the game performance. It seemed to be a pretty big success.

Fighting Sugoi and catching 3D in a charge into the hunger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8RN5h8fEHg&feature=youtu.be

Fighting Sugoi and 3D again but in the village:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtV6G1So3dU&feature=youtu.be

3 Group melee in keep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsJsdQm4uJc&feature=youtu.be

Bonus video of Uya catching 5 or 6 people and charging super far somehow and then dragging our corpses around after we died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhLEwlH9AI&feature=youtu.be

C4sIZDW.gif

Nicely done.  I need to figure out how to deal with the druids shadow stun aura.  It felt like I chased Coolwater around for several minutes during the village fight.

Nicely done.  I need to figure out how to deal with the druids shadow stun aura.  It felt like I chased Coolwater around for several minutes during the village fight.

It is just a pretty broken ability in general. Most of the ways around it involve actions the druid takes(using their tornado for instance), not something you yourself can do.

C4sIZDW.gif

It is just a pretty broken ability in general. Most of the ways around it involve actions the druid takes(using their tornado for instance), not something you yourself can do.

I think the game play becomes.  Run after the druid but don't hit them until the aura is gone.  If they start to cast 2 miss stomp on purpose and hit them with the shout to stop their cast but get stunned.

Good fights guys! Though i kinda want a rematch of the open field fight.  I'm sure we will get the chance.  

Druid is broken and myrm is broken.  In time balance will come.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I think the game play becomes.  Run after the druid but don't hit them until the aura is gone.  If they start to cast 2 miss stomp on purpose and hit them with the shout to stop their cast but get stunned.

Yeah, the only issue is the downtime on the ability is 2-3 seconds so you have a very small window to hit when they have an uptime of 15+ seconds on it(I can't remember the exact timing).

You can definitely interrupt their combos though even while they have it up. You'll just have to eat a stun for it.

C4sIZDW.gif

It needs toned down from a bazillion % chance to fire on being struck to like 33% IMO.

Makes Fessor stun a sad panda.

It just stuns on damage. I would rather it stay like it is where it isn't RNG but make it so it only can stun each person once or have it have a certain amount of charges.

Right now it can just stun people over and over if they hit them at all.

C4sIZDW.gif

Or use a myrmidon and become immune to CC.  :P

Honestly if the Druids current powers are all working as intended then I feel they should leave the myrm alone outside of maybe increasing a few cooldowns. He's really busted up the druid 2 2 2 stun combo that maybe the game really boring to play.

It just stuns on damage. I would rather it stay like it is where it isn't RNG but make it so it only can stun each person once or have it have a certain amount of charges.

Right now it can just stun people over and over if they hit them at all.

That video where you charge everyone in to the hunger, i actually get knocked back in to the hunger before the charge and get chain stunned 3 or 4 times in it from shroud cause I have emitter ticking and there is zero i can do but watch my HP drop.  Luckily, I don't think the hunger as it is will be a thing in the campaign worlds and there wont be these cheesy unavoidable mechanics.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

That video where you charge everyone in to the hunger, i actually get knocked back in to the hunger before the charge and get chain stunned 3 or 4 times in it from shroud cause I have emitter ticking and there is zero i can do but watch my HP drop.  Luckily, I don't think the hunger as it is will be a thing in the campaign worlds and there wont be these cheesy unavoidable mechanics.

Yeah it is just a mechanic for the dome although I guess they could make a really slow creeping hunger in a campaign at some point using the same mechanic.

Limiting shrouds stun chargers(if they were added) would help with some of that. I think bleeds trigger the stun right now too. I may be wrong on that but it felt like I was getting randomly stunned in fights on the mino and I was not hitting a druid at the time but I had been hitting one(generally you) a bit before.

C4sIZDW.gif