Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwjssif

No Questhelper Please

34 members have voted

1. 1. Questhelper?

• Yes
    • No

No arrows pointing me where to go, no colored circles on the map telling me EXACTLY where to go, no skulls on the minimap, or anything of the sort... Please :)

I agree,  if I have a map where I can attach my personal notes.  I don't want to run around for hours looking for the quest giver.   In fact I prefer quests where you don't have to go back to the quest giver at all.

We will need to show things on the map to our group or raid . . . so we're all on the same page.  That is the only 'quest-helper' I would need.

Agreed. But they will need to make some nice visual cues in their description or make the areas where you're looking fairly large and make sure there is adequate compensation for the time it takes to do the quest. If there is quests.

How about a guidance system that individual players can disable if they don't want assistance?

Me, I'm directionally challenged, and nothing is more frustrating than getting lost in the map because I can't see where I need to go. I waste a lot of time in Tera and Skyrim wandering the wilderness. 

Don't judge. We all have our limitations. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I waste a lot of time in Tera and Skyrim wandering the wilderness.

Weird, I find that to be the best part of Skyrim.

I will probably regret this sentiment down the road, but I'd like any kind of map to be player-created. A compass would be nice, but otherwise I want the community to figure out that stuff.

How about a guidance system that individual players can disable if they don't want assistance?

Me, I'm directionally challenged, and nothing is more frustrating than getting lost in the map because I can't see where I need to go. I waste a lot of time in Tera and Skyrim wandering the wilderness. 

^ Very true.

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

If there is a map instead of north south east west please put up down left right. For some reason my guildies dont know their cardinal directions

I think the map should be offset like UO so running UP is actually running NorthEast .

Just to make things easy  :ph34r:

How about player placed waypoints ? Then you can find whichever location you desire by simply clicking it on the map yourself . Rather than some NPC guide you to where the game thinks you should go .

here's my 'problem' with quest helpers.  

They cause a lot of people to lose a whole lot of situational awareness as they just go on auto pilot with the map up, watching, effectively, the GPS and not the Road, nor the scenery that was painstakingly made for your enjoyment. 

In a PVP Centric game, you need that kind of situational awareness.  You need to pay attention to your surroundings, not the map.  You need to learn to know the land and area and get a Feel for it.   

JWJSSIF

There are no lvls, nobody needs quests. They never said anything about quests but I'd bet that there aren't any. I think you wil lstart, get a guide, biild a city, try to survive and fight fight fight. Through fight you get better, so you can fight harder. Maybe there are a few open world bosses.

But I'm very sure, if you expect quests like most of the mmos have it, you will be disappointed.

10. How does character advancement work?

Crowfall uses a skills-based system to resolve in-game actions.  Characters do not have discrete “levels” like most traditional MMOs.  This means that there are MANY, MANY potential ways to advance your character at any given time.

So they never said there aren't any quests directly.  They also can't afford to make good quests, budget wise

Edited by xotix