Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UI Improvements and Crowfall Live!: Official Discussion Thread

MiracleMax

I know this is way off topic, but it came to me while watching the end of the vid.

If a combat discipline rune is comprised of powers from a second archetype, as in: I am a Champion who takes a Legionnaire discipline for some heals, will those things be affected by training within the Legionnaire tree?  I'm wondering if this might be a nice way to think about another layer of character building.

Hmm, UI changes look fine, as far as they go.  More HUD elements would be nice, eventually.

The chat interface overhaul is the interesting part for me.  Right now, if I'm typing in the chat window, my powers activate (if I type C for instance).  Also, it dumps us into cursor mode, and then getting out of chat mode when you get jumped is really difficult.  I don't open in game chat now. Ever.  Too much trouble.

The WoW chat is the be all and end all of MMO-chat systems.  Copy it - everyone else does.

Most importantly, let us get into chat mode and out of it easily.  Nothing worse than being stuck in chat mode when trying to fight.

I know this is way off topic, but it came to me while watching the end of the vid.

If a combat discipline rune is comprised of powers from a second archetype, as in: I am a Champion who takes a Legionnaire discipline for some heals, will those things be affected by training within the Legionnaire tree?  I'm wondering if this might be a nice way to think about another layer of character building.

Awesome idea for differentiation.

e.g. Lego takes stealth Disc and opens training in stealth related tree from wherever. Or along those lines anyway. Maybe give a training penalty or cap, but I love the potential for that line of thought.

My name is Hook and I approve these UI changes. ;)

Good job with the changes. I like the ability to customize as many things as possible, change the size, opacity, shade, etc ... the more features, the better. Looking forward to see what release UI looks like and what other players come up with.

The WoW chat is the be all and end all of MMO-chat systems.  Copy it - everyone else does.

Most importantly, let us get into chat mode and out of it easily.  Nothing worse than being stuck in chat mode when trying to fight.

This. And exactly this.

So will this open the door for user created UI mods ala WoW? 

Would like to see them provide some sort of UI builder that would allow us to tweak most of the elements to our taste (size, color, transparency, backgrounds, borders, option to turn off or hide, etc). Basically not providing anything that isn't baked in already. Several games I've played have allowed this either built in or as a mod and these simple options allow quite a lot of uniqueness.

If you are talking about the more advantageous mods like trackers showing who is casting what, detailed health pools, huge popups telling us when an enemy we didn't even attack is coming off a cooldown, who is doing how much dmg, etc, not a fan for this type of game. Mods shouldn't be required to compete.