Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UI Improvements and Crowfall Live!: Official Discussion Thread

MiracleMax

Isnt this the same as what Billy showed a year ago here: https://youtu.be/IlUydWOdr8o?t=44s

The new crow background on the skills screen looks a lot better and the skills interface is moving along nicely.

Id really rather see it all as one big branching tree tho instead of having to tab back and forth across pages, its annoying. More like Path of Exile or Albion Online. If not for all skills at LEAST within the same skill trees, like Knight branching out to show all 3 promotion classes so you get all 4 on 1 screen you can look around and zoom in and out of.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

This is starting to look good. Everything in it's own module is the way to go, one step closer to letting us resize and tweak the transparency of each module as we wish.

The chat little modules are fun, but they are not necessary. I would say getting the chat to work like WoW is more important than adding friends trackiing boxes and other things.

Please, separate inventory from the character paper doll, they should be separate from each other and they should be windows. Full screen has no place in MMOs like this. Same for the skill tree, re-sizable separate windows are the way to go.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Looks good to me. The more I can adjust and the cleaner my UI the happier I am.  :) The only adjustments I'd like to see added is transparency for the chat like this:

Full chat. (Adjustable chat names like Crowfall)

f8PwueS.png

----

Transparant + text

61YDJ74.png

----

Transparant + text + typing

oS0KKrm.png

The text will automatically dissapear after a while keeping the chat clean. To the point of only seeing the chat icon on the bottom left of the screenshots until someone talked again. (I'm not saying copy the whole chat, just the transparency part of it)

And allow us to adjust the size of the UI elements. Especially the party part of the UI and the HP, MANA, STA part of the UI.

Hope you guys can use this information and do something nice with it.  :unsure:

Yes, it was a positive surprise to me that the UI can show and alert you about items which starts to decay in-game - that it`s a very nice UI feature.

Maybe other mmos use that, but I seldom play mmos so I am not updated since ESO & Darkfall.  ^_^

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

about UI.

all you need is add possibility to

• change position of main UI elements (done? good, can't wait to test)
  • change placeholder/colors/size/scale
  • [after soft launch] add API to make possible for ppl to redesign UI (addons, plugins)

that's it

and ofc certainly do it, rather than leave a paper in news

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

I know this is way off topic, but it came to me while watching the end of the vid.

If a combat discipline rune is comprised of powers from a second archetype, as in: I am a Champion who takes a Legionnaire discipline for some heals, will those things be affected by training within the Legionnaire tree?  I'm wondering if this might be a nice way to think about another layer of character building.

I think that would give an advantage to VIP players, which is something they would want to avoid.

i would also love for the chat window to be or turn transparent when not using it, while being able to see what people are typing... Kind of ennoying to have to stop, press enter to see what people are saying, and then click enter again to be able to move....

I think that would give an advantage to VIP players, which is something they would want to avoid.

Yes it would.  I wonder if there are any ways around this: like importing the relevant discipline training trees or something, but by archetype (so not trainable simultaneously with VIP).

The UI changes in general are good; being able to move each element around will be nice.

I'm not a fan of having the friends list be initiated through the chat box.  Hopefully they will have a short key command to open up a social UI element, where we can access friends list and guild information, while having it completely separate of any chat window operations.

One of my biggest complaints still to date is that they are using "alt" to put players into/out of cursor mode.  I am really hoping for an option that allows players to switch between the standard cursor interface, and one that allows us to use our mouse buttons to move, which then negates any need for us to even use alt.  When we press down on the right mouse button to move, the cursor goes away, when we let go of RMB the cursor automatically comes back.

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png

The UI changes in general are good; being able to move each element around will be nice.

I'm not a fan of having the friends list be initiated through the chat box.  Hopefully they will have a short key command to open up a social UI element, where we can access friends list and guild information, while having it completely separate of any chat window operations.

One of my biggest complaints still to date is that they are using "alt" to put players into/out of cursor mode.  I am really hoping for an option that allows players to switch between the standard cursor interface, and one that allows us to use our mouse buttons to move, which then negates any need for us to even use alt.  When we press down on the right mouse button to move, the cursor goes away, when we let go of RMB the cursor automatically comes back.

Dragon Nest and Guild Wars 2 do this too. You would press Tab (or whatever hotkey you set in GW2) to switch between Cursor and Action modes.

The only difference was that you could still move around in cursor mode.

ACE should fix that.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

The UI HUD enhancements are excellent.  :D

Only criticism I've go is the skill tree. When the ACE devs want to add new skills (and that will come very soon after launch) to the skill tree they've got to change the skill tree UI elements, create new icons etc. this will take a non trivial amount of time/money. Whereas if they have something like EvE where you have skill queues where you can add skills to the queue from a library of skills organised by topic. New skills can easily be added to the library of skills with very little UI development required. Just a matter of adding 'data' to the skills database.

Also a queue system and the skill selection UI (based on selection of a library of skills) would probably take less screen 'real estate' than the a large horizontal tree design that they have now.

A queue system would also allow a player to queue up multiple skills to a maximum time limit.

Edited by Count_Dirkoff
o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!