Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bahamutkaiser

So... how's that Friendly Fire going?

So what you're saying is people who were heavily invested in this game but are now dissatisfied with the direction its taking should leave the forum.

Which would only leave "yes-men" to echo-chamber their own brown-nosing back to each other.

Got it, thanks.

I believe the question "if there is nothing for you here (as the statement from your profile would indicate), then why are you here?" is a valid one.

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I believe the question "if there is nothing for you here (as the statement from your profile would indicate), then why are you here?" is a valid one.

Haven't you been reading the thread? If its not explicitly said or promised, you shouldn't ever assume or infer anything from anything.

aka honeybear

Until the developers clearly state if friendly fire will actually be turned on or off at release, or a setting in a particular campaign - all we can do is give our feedback based on our own preferred playstyles.

Insulting each other doesn't strengthen your argument and actually deters some people from finding any merit in your response.

As for the backers being "promised" anything ... Every single thing they ever said can be changed anytime during the development process. To expect that every promise and statement made by a developer in pre-alpha will ring true on release is simply foolish.

Edited by Hook_PLGC

As for the backers being "promised" anything ... Every single thing they ever said can be changed anytime during the development process. To expect that every promise and statement made by a developer in pre-alpha will ring true on release is simply foolish.

I keep trying to explain to my girlfriend that she shouldnt expect me to keep all my promises and statements, but she doesnt seem to see everything as clearly as you do.   :rolleyes:

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

When your profile says this: "Not even mad. Not even sad. I've sold all of my crowfall assets. My faith in this game is gone. The combat is terrible, the netcode is terrible, and the design is terrible." Why are you still here?

We get it: Your dreams are crushed by the evil developers.

dreams.gif

I get that your dreams have been crushed so completely you have to vent. But you're raging on something not evcen sent to test yet - and something you already let go a while ago.

At this point why not take a break and come back in 6 months to see if *everything* is still as dire as you think it is?

Maybe it won't be.

What have you got to lose?

PS: Take me out of your sig please.

First of all, I'm not removing you from my sig. It does not violate the terms of service. You are not being trolled nor harassed. You can find the quote simply by searching the string of text you submitted. If you don't like seeing your own opinion, then simply don't make one.

Player, I'm feeling harassed by you. My post wasn't even negative. I asked the naysayers to stop picking on people who simply still have their hearts invested in Crowfall and believe that their hopes for the initial version of Crowfall that Kickstarter inspired will come to fruition. I can see that you've selected the role of White Knight. I can assure you that your brand of socksposting is permitted here.

However, I am still here because I paid my $5+ like everyone else. I am here because I abide by the Rules of Conduct. I'm still here because I have guildmates who still ask "hey headlight, how's Crowfall coming along". I tell them and then they still say they're holding out. When this Kickstarter first launched, it inspired in alot of people this mecca of MMOs that we all wanted to play. If all they hear is yes men, they'll think they're on the right track. They're not.

Since you like YouTube videos bruh

At this point why not take a break and come back in 6 months to see if *everything* is still as dire as you think it is?

Maybe it won't be.

That was almost 9 months ago. What else ya got.

How is it a valid one? If there was nothing for me here, wouldn't I be gone? The question is rhetorical. There's obviously something for me here, if I'm still here. Would you like me to post on my tester account to show you that I'm allowed to have an opinion? Paid my $5+ dollars like anyone else. And my post count validates the ferocity of my interest.

Well, tbh investing heavily in to indie game development in any form, was a high risk undertaking from the start. Chances are 99 to 1, ACE currently does not have enough resources to commit to completely rework the combat system, otherwise they'd do it, because they understand that not delivering FF will piss people off.  Does it mean the game will be not perfect ? ? Yes it does. Does it mean that the game will be bad to the point where you will not want to play it ? No it doesn't. Just adjust your expectations, and leave room for development errors which are inevitable.

Expectation-Vs-Reality-Quotes-08.jpg

Edited by rajah

So what you're saying is people who were heavily invested in this game but are now dissatisfied with the direction its taking should leave the forum.

Which would only leave "yes-men" to echo-chamber their own brown-nosing back to each other.

Got it, thanks.

Theres a big difference between being in a community to be part of it - and being in a community to tear it up.

It doesnt take money or investment to be part of a community. It takes goodwill, mutual respect and a bit of patience when things are oputside of your control.

Screaming *FAILURE!" cos something is not how you want it to be - and then stomping round the forums on a little hate crusade is ridiculous. 

Hence: Yeah absolutely when the "Heavy investment" becomes nothing more than the time it takes to post how much you hate something YES they should leave the forum.

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Theres a big difference between being in a community to be part of it - and being in a community to tear it up.

Who said one is better than another, this game was marketed to people who like "to tear it up".

Screaming *FAILURE!" cos something is not how you want it to be - and then stomping round the forums on a little hate crusade is ridiculous. 

Hence: Yeah absolutely when the "Heavy investment" becomes nothing more than the time it takes to post how much you hate something YES they should leave the forum.

You just can't deal with criticism.

Edited by rajah

First of all, I'm not removing you from my sig. It does not violate the terms of service. You are not being trolled nor harassed. You can find the quote simply by searching the string of text you submitted. If you don't like seeing your own opinion, then simply don't make one.

Player, I'm feeling harassed by you. My post wasn't even negative. I asked the naysayers to stop picking on people who simply still have their hearts invested in Crowfall and believe that their hopes for the initial version of Crowfall that Kickstarter inspired will come to fruition. I can see that you've selected the role of White Knight. I can assure you that your brand of socksposting is permitted here.

However, I am still here because I paid my $5+ like everyone else. I am here because I abide by the Rules of Conduct. I'm still here because I have guildmates who still ask "hey headlight, how's Crowfall coming along". I tell them and then they still say they're holding out. When this Kickstarter first launched, it inspired in alot of people this mecca of MMOs that we all wanted to play. If all they hear is yes men, they'll think they're on the right track. They're not.

Since you like YouTube videos bruh

That was almost 9 months ago. What else ya got.

I really don't want to trigger on you. I know its what you want.

Rules lawyering is pretty much the most obvious way we can be sure someone is bending them to the absolute limit. "Aha but I'm not breaking the rules!!!! See!!!! Can't touch me!!! Maybe YOU'RE breaking the rules!!!" 

Are you 12? here's the only rule you need: We begin and end with this: Be respectful and courteous to others in our forums

I'm asking you not to call me or anyone else a whiteknight or a socksposter or anything derogatory- for courtesy's sake.

I'm asking you to remove me from your sig - for courtesy's sake.

I'm asking you not to enter threads to trash them - for courtesy's sake.

I'm asking you not to attack people in threads when you disagree with them - for courtesy's sake.

I'm asking you to stop destroying a community with your negativity simply because the game didn't turn out the way you wanted - for courtesy's sake.

I'm asking you to please PLEASE stop using the CF forums as your *chill zone* where you get to hang and not give a particular damn about anything and can write us all off as losers backing a loser game.

For courtesy's sake.

Would that be so hard? really?

Here's a simple question: This thread derailed a bit but then went back and became a very useful discussion on what constitutes good FF.. Why did you feel the need to derail it again?

I want to tell you honestly that the level of negativity you add to every conversation is very disheartening. I think that you're not here for the discussions - you're here to cause arguments and sow discord.

If you were sincerely interested in this game development you'd stop with the personal attacks - stop with the smug pithy put downs - and just basically try and make the best suggestions you can. But theres something else going on and I get the feeling you've got issues a bit outside this community. So I want to just say: Its OK - Its just a game. Honest.

Everyone here can make suggestions - thats valid. I'm quite prepared to have what I think or what I want shot down - I don't own the development of Crowfall. I accept that a lot of it won't be to my taste - But feck it. I'm an adult and thats the compromise. What I learn in the conversations is what other people want. And thats sometimes better than what I wanted.

Paid my $5+ dollars like anyone else. And my post count validates the ferocity of my interest.

For your 5 bucks you get to have an opinion - sure. But right now your post count just validates the ferocity of your rage. Ranting over and over about your opinion, at the expense of rational discussion and respectful discourse is a shameful way to behave - whether in an online community or in a coffee bar. So I'm asking you to stop it. I'm not the forum police. I don't have any way to make you stop - I'm just asking nicely. 

Stop please.

Your opinion doesnt make you right - no matter how you present it. Just like me, nothing you post suggests you have any experience in game development or even what makes a decent game. Your opinion is as valid as mine. Your rage is not valid however. 

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Who said one is better than another, this game was marketed to people who like "to tear it up".

Being in a community to tear it up is ABSOLUTELY against the code of conduct and is not what a community wants or needs. If you don't understand that we can ask the moderators to explain the difference.

I can't deal with people who come into a community to wreck it. Luckily I don't have to. Sooner or later the mods deal with it. I'm just bringing it into the light so they can see it.

www.CrowfallRP.com

Being in a community to tear it up is ABSOLUTELY against the code of conduct and is not what a community wants or needs. If you don't understand that we can ask the moderators to explain the difference.

​Finally there is a person that knows precisely what does everybody want and need.

I can't deal with people who come into a community to wreck it. Luckily I don't have to. Sooner or later the mods deal with it. I'm just bringing it into the light so they can see it.

"I can't deal with people" - that I agree with. You obviously fail to differentiate between people and their opinions and continuously threaten to bring in moderators to an otherwise civil abeit heated discussion.

Edited by rajah

When your profile says this: "Not even mad. Not even sad. I've sold all of my crowfall assets. My faith in this game is gone. The combat is terrible, the netcode is terrible, and the design is terrible." Why are you still here?

We get it: Your dreams are crushed by the evil developers.

dreams.gif

I get that your dreams have been crushed so completely you have to vent. But you're raging on something not evcen sent to test yet - and something you already let go a while ago.

Maybe it won't be.

PS: Take me out of your sig please.

Here's a simple question: This thread derailed a bit but then went back and became a very useful discussion on what constitutes good FF.. Why did you feel the need to derail it again?

y9tj8G5.png

Okay let me start by saying i am not a HUGE fan of the current combat system. Once key binding mapping come out i plan to redo my generic bindings that i generally use. Basically it will push me out of my comfort zone and force me to change the way i generally use my controls. 

With that being said, i believe friendly fire is entirely possible with the current system. However, you cant just slam in too the otherside. Cant have the battlefield turn in to a free for all cluster f*ck. You have to have formed battle lines, elevated positioning for your ranged so they can shoot OVER the heads of your battle line, etc.

If you run in to a battlefield giving the enemy the high ground your going to have a bad time. If your ranged cant fire without hitting your melee but your enemy can, going to be one sided. Picking your battle terrain can become extremely important. 

Picture setting up a battle line where your ranged can hit maybe a few feet right in front of your battleline, there is no targeting, you can continually fire at that spot causing it to be a deathtrap.

Also, a stealth flanking team to take out the ranged would be a completely viable strat.

So we come to what @Todd said, right? Would this actually be fun? Do people want to care about positioning and terrain THIS much or do they just want to slug it out?

Im not sure, i think in theory it sounds awesome and the super organized guilds can do very well but not everyone may want to play at that level.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

I`m trying hard to resist posting here, but it`s impossible.. Because we`ve probably above 100k crows with hello kitty & wizard 101 background users who have never played a true FFA (Free for all) environment game with FF enabled. That is not a bad thing however it could be due to relative young age - and some just lack gaming knowledge for sure.  ^_^

One thing though which is great: We`ve almost +300 crows who recently joined Crowfall over the weekend and that is encouraging!  

Although back to your point @Jon. No, your observation is not accurate. The combat system doesn`t need to be remotely similar to Darkfall to be successful implemented with friendly fire in their most hardcore FFA campaign world like the Dregs. I`ve played Darkfall in beta and in (2009-2010) - they just need to tune & polish some ability powers which automatically hit all your guild friends in a very small area (Area of effect) like ranging bull C power on the Myrmidon for example with (FFA, FF version) enabled.

A very brief view about friendly fire  (FF) - It`s core key component feature in a Dreg campaign based on @Todd`s reasoning and design related to risk vs reward concept. It`s not all about how much loot you drop on death and the vessel system.

And accidents will happen, and it`s suppose to happen for those who are experience with FF game feature. You need to be more focused, and better coordination also related to communication skills to participate in such a campaign for sure.

And there are many thousands of players who enjoy the thought of a difficult and hostile campaign world with such a feature, because the challenge is increased with better rewards as well like rare resources in the Dregs.

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Reading more and more of this thread (ignoring the personal bickering and insults and focusing on the opinions and ideas) it seems that some people really care and some people dont.

That is sort of the ENTIRE reason for the different campaigns and rule sets.You pick the one that you like the most.

Honestly, i think FF should be turned on and really trialed at some point. This should give bigger rewards because it would require more communication and dedication to get it right to become successful. You can no longer have druids dumping healing orbs in the middle of a swarm and then blow them up to kill the enemy. Instead could of tactically place orbs and bait out 5 people chasing your one guy and sacrifice him to kill the 5.

But again how many people want to have to put up with FF? I know i have played some games that it was a real pain and more annoyance then anything. For example; Dragon Age: Origins on the highest difficulty FF was pretty bad, but there was still sometimes throwing a fireball on top of my tank when he has 6 guys around him was still worth it. But there was no additional gain for playing on that higher difficulty.

I think if it becomes an available ruleset i think we will quickly see how many people want it and how many people dont. I think the campaigns with sort of create their own popularity stats and will be duplicated in their own regularity based on that. There may be 80% people who choose to not play on a campaign that has it. Then theres the 20% that do and will play on it.

So do we need it at the soft launch? I dont think so. I think that there will be enough to learn and get use to in the game with out having to learn the strict rules of FF. And anyway, while the core backers may really want FF the average PC gamer may not want it, in the long run having it turned on by default at the start may be more harmful then good.

Just remember, the entire point of the core system of crowfalls and campaigns is that people play with rulesets and risks and rewards that they are comfortable with. No one is going to like things the exact same way as another person. 

Us getting angry and saying this game is a failure for something simple as a ruleset that can be turned on and off at whim is the same as arguing over inventory being lootable on death. If you dont want it, dont play that campaign. The end.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Got it, thanks.

Reading the whole post I think the poster was saying if one is so dissatisfied then perhaps stepping back and taking a break might be the more healthy choice over continuing to just gripe and moan and not be productive or constructive. Critique, post concerns yes but it more often than not falls on deaf ears when the tone isn't constructive at all. 

Besides thinking about Dregs and the fact that's its supposed to be FFA isn't that pretty much friendly fire by default? If anyone regardless of guild, group, faction, race, god affiliation can be attacked than that's all you need is it not?

Edited by pang

I evaluate each feature based on how it affects my priorities for the game:

1. Reducing lag. because CF will be no fun if it's unresponsive or bumps us in combat.     FF seems to not affect this. It may even help by killing off toons faster, thus reducing server demands.
  2. Anti-Zerg. Giving smaller, well-coodinated groups a fighting chance, instead of CF being purely a census numbers game. FF is anti-zerg. So FF is essential.
  3. Realism. Features that are intuitively reasonable appeal to me as more fun. FF happens in our universe.
  4. (I can't think of more priorities that are affected by FF now)
Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)