Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Software to test ghraphics capabilities

It would be nice if developers will be build a specific Crofall tool to measure client capabilities and give the right settings.

I know that's can be hard ... especially if it check all possible differences in memory status/drivers/hw/etc ..  but may be focused in 2 main tests:

1. graphic push, to check how many fps we can have from standard GvG situation to heavy one with massive bane 50pg/ 100pg / 1000pg.

2. network measurement to main servers suggesting the best one.

Then storing it in a pubblic searchable DB can help anyone to choose new pc/laptop or the right update.

Cheers :)

Using the commercial ones like 3dmark are general purple and may give wrong impression.

It's better to use something designed specifically for crowfall

ZCcquVD.png
THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if developers will be build a specific Crofall tool to measure client capabilities and give the right settings.

I know that's can be hard ... especially if it check all possible differences in memory status/drivers/hw/etc ..  but may be focused in 2 main tests:

1. graphic push, to check how many fps we can have from standard GvG situation to heavy one with massive bane 50pg/ 100pg / 1000pg.

2. network measurement to main servers suggesting the best one.

Then storing it in a pubblic searchable DB can help anyone to choose new pc/laptop or the right update.

Cheers :)

Using the commercial ones like 3dmark are general purple and may give wrong impression.

It's better to use something designed specifically for crowfall

way too much work even post release. 

As for the performance related ones - I guess that's what players will do automatically. Try and see what builds run good and which do not run good. So after a while into the game I guess you will find enough data to provide a basic pc build to run CF at X FPS, at Y:Z resolution 

About network measurement - I guess that will be built in somehow so I don't really see any need for it. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

With a small team they should focus instead on the developing and optimizing the game itself. It's still in early alpha stage, who current FPS numbers don't mean much on the long.

Having experience of managing software projects you can waste a lot of effort on optimizing too soon. You need to do enough so that you can get a feel for the potential performance of the product, de-risk all the technologies and ensure that the 'experience' is credible.

But until you have all the major features and technologies combined you can waste large amounts of man hours refining, redesigning and testing code that will be re-worked later.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!