Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

Multiboxing Confirmed [allowed]? - via AMA

Question: We all know passive training will be implemented. Will Active Training be also implemented in some form? If so, will Active Training be restricted to certain skill trees (ie, only combat, crafting, etc.)?

Answer (Gordon): http://crowfall.com/en/faq/skills/ We don't have an active training component, we aren't big fans of grinding for tiny gains. We want your play to be viscerally rewarding.

Pretty much means you need to either buy VIP or buy multiple accounts to stay competitive. Note: The community has pretty much concluded that VIP will be a waste of irl money and purchasing multiple accounts has more value (with the exception of your main account/s - and unless they add more value to VIP). Either-way;

nvlF64P.gif?1

Related question:

Question: how are you designing the systems so people don't just buy multiple accounts and have crafter only alts instead of crafter mains? (e.g. old VIP vs multiple account debate)

Answer (Gordon): This is not a design criteria. Some people will buy multiple accounts, it's not something you can realistically stop.

Note: The following question is NOT asking if idle-macroing (botting) should be obviously "banned" / "illegal".

I know the initial plans were to restrict people from running more than one client on the same machine.. given the "new" stance on the matter;

Will people be allowed to actively and simultaneously control and play on multiple accounts/characters on a single machine?

If the answer is Yes; kthx.

If the answer is No; Will players be allowed to control and play on multiple accounts/characters on multiple machines?

Since multiboxing is "not something you can realistically stop" can we please get an official answer?

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Pretty much means you need to either buy VIP or buy multiple accounts to stay competitive.

I don't see how they could make it so having multiple accounts is not an advantage.

Has any MMORPG accomplished that?

If so, how?

IhhQKY6.gif

I don't see how they could make it so having multiple accounts is not an advantage.

Has any MMORPG accomplished that?

If so, how?

No way to do it, just a point of caution and expressing a need to mitigate the "pay2win" advantages of multi-boxing/accounting. Given the history of retort on the subject most people will probably insist that having dedicated crafting accounts and wall bashers/specialized accounts is impractical and "useless".. all while ignoring the export import rules that will allow people to multiply their yields and other "small" details. Alot of peeps always seem to get stuck on the idea that all multi-boxers are trying to micro manage 10 accounts while 1v1 PvPing on each of them on simultaneously and lose sight of other benefits of multi-boxing/accounting.

Personally the only way I thought it was possible to mitigate the pay to win advantage of multi-boxing was to allow people to be able to use multiple characters in the same campaign... but they did away with character slots so now they are limited to fully dedicating to one account to specific class (to be "the best" XXX you can be) and are punished if they chose to diversify their character's class skills. Sure multiboxers get more character slots too but at least players who can only afford one account without VIP at least have 3 different "characters/crows" they can skill up as desired. Not to mention that this system would exacerbate the diminishing returns of having multiple accounts and incentivize the continuous purchase of VIP (3 character slots with VIP = 9 different archetypes being trained). 

9 x $50 = $450.00 vs. $50 (One Account) + ($15 VIP x 26 months) = $440.00

(If your goal is to have multiple trained characters and the ability to switch between them) Multi-boxing will be impractical.. you will have to continuously play Crowfall for over 2.25 years in order to see a return. However, you can't multiply your ability to import/export more items without multiple accounts unless Crowfall's micro transaction shop has something like ("X2 Import Boost! 50% OFF!!").. so it's all about what your overall goal is. 

However, under the current system. just buy multiple accounts.. it's better. Trust me.. and since active training is not going to be a thing, the sooner you buy multiple accounts the better.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

When you say remain competitive, compared to what? I mean you can only play one class at a time and just because you can switch to another archetype that is decently leveled up doesn't mean you'll actually be any good at playing that class.

Don't really see this as much of a factor at all in the grand scheme of things, those that will buy multiple accounts will likely be in the vast minority.

Actually Thenobrosity.... I asked this very question in the AMA worth noting even if it doesn't quite refute your line of thinking; 

Have you considered any other additional perks for VIP we don't know about yet?
Gordon: Yes, but nothing we're ready to formally announce.

I see this as still a good sign they realize multi-training isn't sufficient to just prevent people from having 10 accounts and never paying a subscription fee to them. Give them time ;)

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me the conclusions people draw reading between the lines of what we say. (rather than just the things we say)

VIP won't be right for everyone, we never expected it would be.

Some people will get multiple accounts, because that is conducive to their play style.

Some people will play one archetype, because that is their play style.

One size does not fit all.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

It never ceases to amaze me the conclusions people draw reading between the lines of what we say. (rather than just the things we say)

When players don't get a definite answer, we tend to read between the lines to draw a more conclusive answer; Its the name of the game :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

So what you are saying is that HD has been amazing but it is drawing to a close and that mini-campaigns are starting somewhere between now and the conclusion of October?

Confirmed.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

To be honest, I don't care one way or another about the concept of multi-boxing but, when it was first brought up it was done so in the context of a regular mmo. We now know that there will be full character collision. While having multiple accounts will be greatly beneficial, I cannot see how running multiple clients will give you any advantage. There's no confirmed follow command, the movement is restricted by collision, the aiming is restricted by collision...

Even if they decide to provide a robust API and allow you to use 3rd party controllers, you're just going to be slinging spells at the back of your primary characters head. Kudos if you even get it to work much less be successful with it.

I think the best way to combat multiboxing is to make sure the game in general requires a high skill-ceiling and proper aim in that regards.  If you have to aim your reticle to gather materials, if you have to actively play to do anything in the game, it makes scripting multibox stuff that much harder.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think the best way to combat multiboxing is to make sure the game in general requires a high skill-ceiling and proper aim in that regards.  If you have to aim your reticle to gather materials, if you have to actively play to do anything in the game, it makes scripting multibox stuff that much harder.

while what you said is true... they said, mines would just be points where materials spawn. so if you go to a mine, you can just get a chunk of ore. if no one has been there for some hours, there will be more chunks of ore. seems like gathering will be quite simple.

this leads to multiple accounts for crafting and one main account for fighting that can gather stuff and give it to his alt accs for crafting. totally destroys crafting for people that only play for crafting. but we will see. it seems, one of their next q&a will be about crafting, so maybe they have things in mind that make simple gathering of raw materials hard if you dont have the right gathering skills, so at least gathering on mainacc will be a thing. i really wonder how there will be a difference between dedicated crafters and crafter-mules.