Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2016 Bundle Retirement: Official Discussion Thread

MiracleMax

I see that there is a rather significant value difference in the 2016 vs 2017 Sapphire packages. This is the stated intention of ACE and I'm OK with that. I happen to own the 2015 version of the Sapphire package and to my eyes, the only advantage I get over the 2016 version is 4 extra months of VIP, am I missing something?

The 2017 version of sapphire is losing the Small Castle, and having the Large Keep downsized to a Small Keep. The 2017 version is also losing 8 months of VIP compared to the 2016 version. 

I'm just not feeling the love as a 2015 backer compared to those who backed in 2016 at the same level.

I see that there is a rather significant value difference in the 2016 vs 2017 Sapphire packages. This is the stated intention of ACE and I'm OK with that. I happen to own the 2015 version of the Sapphire package and to my eyes, the only advantage I get over the 2016 version is 4 extra months of VIP, am I missing something?

The 2017 version of sapphire is losing the Small Castle, and having the Large Keep downsized to a Small Keep. The 2017 version is also losing 8 months of VIP compared to the 2016 version. 

I'm just not feeling the love as a 2015 backer compared to those who backed in 2016 at the same level.

2016 vs 2017 Sapphire Package Changes.
Small Castle 2016 - Becomes Small Keep - Net loss of $980.00
2016 exclusive: Quarterhorse summoning figurine - Becomes standard figurine - Net loss of $5.00
2016 exclusive: Warhorse summoning figurine - Becomes standard figurine - Net loss of $0.00
2016 exclusive: Nightmare summoning figurine - Becomes standard figurine - Net loss of $0.00
20 months of VIP membership - Becomes 12 months - Net loss of $120.00
Total net loss on package: $1,105.00

With that big of a change how can you say you aren't feeling the love?

EDIT: Sorry after re-reading your message I do see that the 2015 vs 2016 package doesn't have much different between the two. But at least you got a huge bundle increase when compared to the 2017 package!
Edited by Weebles

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

What a bizarre thing to complain about.

IhhQKY6.gif

What a bizarre thing to complain about.

I may have misread his post. I thought he was saying 2015 backers were the ones he thought were getting the short stick? Which does seem odd.

edit: if that's the case.

Edited by coolwaters

Isnt it a bit early for 2017 already?

I guess its more of a game development stage thing than actual annual version thing.

Its about cashing in when the game enters the new stage of development and more/new players get interested in trying it out.

You should be aware that all this pricing is totally hypothetical. These are all prices for virtual game items. Even in the real world prices are very hypothetical, but here even more. Well if I think about it, there isnt much differences between them, but the point is.

You should give as much as you are fine to spend and as its worth to you.

I didnt spend the money I spent on the game because for this and that ingame goodie, but because I had the money available and it was worth it to me, if they can deliver a product I am expecting them to do.

Its not like you have lost amount of money or value In my opinion. If we still had pay to play MMOs that would be a diffrence. But you really dont need VIP membership to play the game, and thats good so like it is.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

He is saying the different between 2015 and 2016 is alot less then 2016 and 2017. Roughly 2016 has twice the value of a 2017, but 2015 does not have twice the value of 2016, thats his complaint. 

But i think the prime driving factor of the big change from 2016 and 2017 was change with keeps and such in august, right?

I think one of their reasoning that the packages was supposed to give up to 2x cost ratio, basically, you spend 1 dollar and get 2 dollar in goods (at the max package level) but it ended up being much higher than that with the changes in august. The 2017 reflect the original idea behind the package cost ratio is all.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Isnt it a bit early for 2017 already?

I guess its more of a game development stage thing than actual annual version thing.

Its about cashing in when the game enters the new stage of development and more/new players get interested in trying it out.

I think they ended the 2016 packages around this time last year.

Official Moderator of the Community Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

I think they ended the 2016 packages around this time last year.

I guess you mean the 2015 packages.

They lasted till end of February 2016.

http://crowfall.com/en/news/reminder-these-sales-are-ending-soon/

This was around when Siege Perilous was added.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.