Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kensidian

Great Another Class Based System.

You would think with the SWG background of some of the devs. That a class based system would be leaving newer MMO's. Instead they seem to be keeping with locking us into Alts to try different styles of combat. 

I am really sick about this, I loved SWG, I love having my specific crafter to make my goods etc. I also loved changing skillsets when i wanted and being more then the same thing as everyone else or selecting a new character to level up to be competitive in PvP as we all know an alpha (or close to it) class.

Deeply saddened as this game sounds promising.

Might want to do some more research on the game before posting IMO.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1273-012715-introducing-the-legionnaire-faq/

Crowfall will not be level based it'll use a skill based system like SWG. Just like SWG you pick a base class(archetype) then you progress though the skill system. So while it technically has classes its not really accurate to say its just another class based system.

Edited by pang

They've said there is skillgain.  The Archetype system might not be like a typical class based system.   Too early to tell, although it probably is class based.

Not entirely a bad thing.

It's called Crowfall because calling it "The Hunger Game of Thrones" would have raised too many issues.

Archetype+promotion classes+disciplines will create a lot of variety of builds. Yes classes limits builds compared to a straight skill system. I would have preferred the latter, but I have no worries that I'll be able to make the character I want within this system.

Archetype+promotion classes+disciplines will create a lot of variety of builds. 

This.  Classes add a lot more variety IMO - in Darkfall you didn't have classes you just had someone who's fireball wasn't as powerful as yours but he was better with a sword.  You were still basically playing the same thing, however.

Without classes you are nothing.What is the point of you being a damn healer if everyone can do it?

I cant understand ppl who want to be able to do everything.

So i guess il go ahead and take a stuborn,block headed drwarf and teach him the sweet culinary arts and intelectual board games.

Without classes you are nothing.What is the point of you being a damn healer if everyone can do it?

I cant understand ppl who want to be able to do everything.

So i guess il go ahead and take a stuborn,block headed drwarf and teach him the sweet culinary arts and intelectual board games.

I think some people have just seen a class system where you are pigeonholed into one role. My assumption is that this class system will be very similar to the game that cannot be mentioned and will have many different ways to go about building each class and exploring different roles each class can take on.

X6RBqg7.gif

You would think with the SWG background of some of the devs. That a class based system would be leaving newer MMO's. Instead they seem to be keeping with locking us into Alts to try different styles of combat. 

I am really sick about this, I loved SWG, I love having my specific crafter to make my goods etc. I also loved changing skillsets when i wanted and being more then the same thing as everyone else or selecting a new character to level up to be competitive in PvP as we all know an alpha (or close to it) class.

So, can I ask you, since you're complaining about one of the elements of the game. How would you fix it? How would you make it different or unique? Do you just want SWG remade but have the name Crowfall?

Off the top of my head, there's really only two ways to go in any MMORPG game: Class based or classless base. Obviously there's a few different approaches you can go with each, but those are the two main ways for character development. 

I think there are pros and cons to both class and classless systems. I just prefer classless systems as they usually provide more variety in gameplay and give you a least a little freedom in how you play.

In the class based games that I have played, if you choose one class you are more or less locked into a certain type of gameplay. Furthermore, you are more or less identical to everyone else that plays your class. Some class based games have managed to add a little flexibilty, but most I've seen just give you the illusion of freedom. I know some players like that kind of restriction. I would just rather set my own limitations, within reason, rather than have the game decide them for me.

Classless character progress is not really about doing it all, it's about building and playing your character according to your own playstyle preferences. And that's something that class based games don't do very well, in my experience.

I'm gonna be hella disgruntled if crafting is a promotion class.

It needs to be. You should not be able to craft high end, or end game gear on your PvP tank. I think that Crafting should be specilized further, whether it be Armorsmith, weaponsmith, bowyer, miner, alchemist etc. I think that crafting professions should be just as specialized and varied as PvP specs.

Edit: I do not want a "crafting toon" to be able to craft everything in game.

Edited by armegeddon

It needs to be. You should not be able to craft high end, or end game gear on your PvP tank. I think that Crafting should be specilized further, whether it be Armorsmith, weaponsmith, bowyer, miner, alchemist etc. I think that crafting professions should be just as specialized and varied as PvP specs.

I agree. I would love for there to be a crafting class in itself. This would do two things: #1- Give the PvEers something to do when they aren't PvPing and #2: make a unique economy that's based off us, the players.

I shouldn't ever feel that I am gimping myself by PvPing 100% of the time because I choose a PvP class build whatever. Let the PvEers gear me up with however I earn my gold and let them earn the gold when I buy stuff.

But I don't think it will happen like that. Not how the current Crafting System looks to be implemented. I could be wrong though.

Yea because those classes AAA MMORPG's without classes ended up being awesome, right? coughGW2suckscough

Yea because those classes AAA MMORPG's without classes ended up being awesome, right? coughGW2suckscough

Hey now! I enjoyed GW2 for a few days! I didn't like the instanced PvP stuff though.