Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Should Crowfall have resource gear equivilant mob drops

Seems legit as long as the monsters/players arent carrying weapons and armor when you fight them.  If there is a sword lying on the ground, you should be able to pick it up and use it.  Most players, in a PvP game, wouldnt leave weapons on the ground because it would hurt the crafting economy. 

I personally hope dropped items disappear. I don't want litter messing up my frame rate.

I personally hope dropped items disappear. I don't want litter messing up my frame rate.

hm... I could smell a business idea - Crowfall Janitor Corps. Hire them to clean up after your battles. They get to take what's left - you get a nice and clean campaign world. 

This sounds so wrong I'm actually laughing right now. (reminds me of those birds cleaning crocodile teeth)

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

It won't hurt crafters... You can either have your gear get made for you or hope  gear drops. The gear you could get from mobs had a 10% drop rate every 30 minutes... How would that hurt crafters?

It reduces the importance and necessity of crafters. When a mob drops a good item, it hurts the crafters who would otherwise be making the item for the player.

See, it isn't so much risk-reward in this case, as you're arguing [Risk fighting mobs for small chance of reward, or take a low-risk route of hiring a crafter]. It is cause and effect: 10% chance of mobs dropping an item? 10% reduced demand for crafters.

It reduces the importance and necessity of crafters. When a mob drops a good item, it hurts the crafters who would otherwise be making the item for the player.

See, it isn't so much risk-reward in this case, as you're arguing [Risk fighting mobs for small chance of reward, or take a low-risk route of hiring a crafter]. It is cause and effect: 10% chance of mobs dropping an item? 10% reduced demand for crafters.

People fighting over drops every 30 mins. Mob dies, people start dying afterwards. But wait, did the gear even drop? There are more players than gear to drop. There was only a few droppers in Shadowbane. There will always be more players than gear dropping. As such, demand will still point people to crafters.

People fighting over drops every 30 mins. Mob dies, people start dying afterwards. But wait, did the gear even drop? There are more players than gear to drop. There was only a few droppers in Shadowbane. There will always be more players than gear dropping. As such, demand will still point people to crafters.

And the only reason there was PvP was because the items were so good. Die hard shadowbane fan, but crafters gotta craft.

All gear should be crafted, you've got to keep up the demand and supply to keep the player economy active. If mobs started dropping gear then you'll start to see a PVE grind which ACE have said is not their focus.

Edited by Count_Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!