Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat System: Official Discussion Thread

MiracleMax

I like it, I like it!

I hope you guys are planning on color-coding proximity, private, etc. chats so we can easily find out who's talking from where.

One thing I would suggest is that going into cursor mode shouldn't force us to stop moving. When typing, yes (don't think there's any way for the client to differentiate between w for forward or w for we), but when just bringing out the cursor, simply moving shouldn't hide it.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Couple of questions/remarks:

1. I don't see a guild chat yet, but I assume this will be added once the guild system is live? Or do we have to use a custom channel for that?
  2. According to the screenshot below you will be put into Cursor mode when you're chatting. Does confirming your message with Enter put you back into Mouselook mode or do you have to press Alt to do so? I prefer pressing Enter will put you into Cursor mode and pressing Enter again into Mouselook mode.

chat2.png

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Couple of questions/remarks:

1. I don't see a guild chat yet, but I assume this will be added once the guild system is live? Or do we have to use a custom channel for that?
  2. According to the screenshot below you will be put into Cursor mode when you're chatting. Does confirming your message with Enter put you back into Mouselook mode or do you have to press Alt to do so? I prefer pressing Enter will put you into Cursor mode and pressing Enter again into Mouselook mode.

chat2.png

Hi! In the context above, I was already in cursor mode when the screen shot was taken but pressing ENTER while outside of cursor mode will bring focus to the chat box without switching modes. Typing and pressing ENTER will send your message and immediately return focus back to your character. If you are typing and hit ESC it will clear your text field and return focus to the character as well. We are trying to make it as basic, easy and smooth as possible. Our previous chat window was terribly cumbersome and required more steps and really got in the way of the game flow.

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

Agree with Canth. The alt thing feels awkward and frustrating.

Enter would be better.

And the real gem to me:

Players will be able to invite other players that are already in their faction to a group, which can hold up to five total players (don't get too hung up on these numbers, they are always subject to change). The gameplay implications of who-you-can-group-with and max-players-per-group will likely be determined by the ruleset of any given mini-campaign.

Full of (non-chat) goodies.

We're gonna have bunches of mini-campaigns apparently. Bring it on.

Edited by coolwaters

Hi! In the context above, I was already in cursor mode when the screen shot was taken but pressing ENTER while outside of cursor mode will bring focus to the chat box without switching modes. Typing and pressing ENTER will send your message and immediately return focus back to your character. If you are typing and hit ESC it will clear your text field and return focus to the character as well. We are trying to make it as basic, easy and smooth as possible. Our previous chat window was terribly cumbersome and required more steps and really got in the way of the game flow.

This is the best news I've heard in a while.

We are trying to make it as basic, easy and smooth as possible. Our previous chat window was terribly cumbersome and required more steps and really got in the way of the game flow.

Perfect! Thank you for the quick response!

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Is that a mini-campaign victory point scoreboard I see?

Also, there was *quite* the discussion about an auto-run key a while back, but do you plan to implement one so we can type and run at the same time? (and chew bubblegum)

Finally, will these UI improvements include a re-color for the HP meters?  They're somewhat difficult to see when you're glancing over for wounded players.

Thanks!

This is very cool. Can we click links in chat or DMs? This would make it much easier for pugs to drop a Crowfall Discord link with the chat they are in from in game. If not the public one which I can see being a spam fest for some then at least DMs with people in our faction/group?

Can a guild chat or maybe private channel let players from different server to join the channel as well?

Edited by CytheS

5tcNR0w.png
                                     "A single attack to destroy anything"

Please add the option to include a timestamp with these messages!  I find it important when you notice a message from a friend, and you go to reply but it has been 2 hours because you were super involved in the actual play of the game.  There are countless other situations where a timestamp is important as well.  Furthermore, if you do add a timestamp option, please allow 12:00 and 24:00 options too :)

Thanks for hearing me out,

-Mel