Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiracleMax

Chat System: Official Discussion Thread

Looking good. Hopefully the chat won't RIP C powers anymore too....

Questions:

Can we add links to item tooltips in chat or whisper a.l.a Path of Exile?

(hopefully more for group/guild rather than trade chat style spamming and solicitation!)

Any plans to give us a tab / channel for a COMBAT LOG to see damage and healing values etc?

Any plans for /who style commands e.g. to see how many members are online for either your guild or faction as a whole

Will chat work across factions?

As someone else asked - what determines proximity chat - e.g. how many meters or cells away?

Any improvements planned to the compass e.g. to optionally show more info and make it more useful (not turning into a mini map tho!)

• like which diamond is which player
  • how many meters away they are (beyond the current big / small diamond size)
  • flashing diamond when they take damage
  • some kind of group 'ping' tool - whether on a point on the ground or on a specific group member
  • fade group diamonds based on their % HP (rather than current full colour or grey for dead)
Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

whats about whispering to another faction on the same CW?.

It could be used as spionage and would be a very big advantage. ( i know, like in most other games - but here, the frequence and possibility of playing against each other apparently (although in the same guild) is much higher than in other games.

and: GZ to Max Lancaster ^^, new Producer Assistent

Oh and chat bubble i love chat bubbles.

Chat bubbles would be really nice.. but I understand the frustrations it can cause with long text. (SWG market traders memories :blink: )  So... 

Maybe SMALL bubbles with "..." above peoples heads after they say something in chat? (a heads up notification) I would like to know if someone in front of me, or on my screen speaks and I'm not glancing at chat ATM as I'm too busy playing/fighting.

So I can assume that we can have language specific channels? I mean would be nice to have public language specific channels with multiple admins for example. As much as I laughed about the toxic ArcheAge language chats I have to say It'd be a pleasure not to experience that again or rather to dumb the chat down to group and guild chats because of well... things.... 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I think Todd said something about Chat Bubbles not being appropriate in Crowfall, though that was a while ago so his opinion may have changed.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I've seen enough screen whiteout by numerous chat bubbles...

5tcNR0w.png
                                     "A single attack to destroy anything"

I think Todd said something about Chat Bubbles not being appropriate in Crowfall, though that was a while ago so his opinion may have changed.

But a minotaur spinning like a tazmanian devil is appropriate?

Sadly, no chat bubbles per May Q&A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euT_WUSDnXM#t=07m39s

Good find. So what about an option of a heads up notification of only showing a very small bubble above their head with ONLY: "..." (indicating that close character on your screen has typed something) ... like a leader of the group where it's important to look at chat at that quick moment.

I think this would help a lot since most attention is focused at the middle screen cross-hair and action is very intense to try to pay attention to all the chatter.

It's also going to be hard to type back while fighting. (It was easier in the old SWG days, where you had a combat queue list of executing abilities and you could type much easier during intense play)

VoIP is almost going to be the standard for most communication here, so any little help to chat users is needed.

I thought this was going to be an announcement to implement chat bubbles but alas.

+1 to Chat bubbles.

I'm not sure why or how but Chat bubbles in SWG along with the 100+ animated emotes is what contributed most to my social interactions in that game. I don't think it would've been as "immersive" otherwise.

You could them make an optional checkbox in the options?

I thought this was going to be an announcement to implement chat bubbles but alas.

Despite Todd  saying "no chat bubbles" in a previous Q&A, that was my expectation too :(

Any MMO where people can hang around together deserve a proper visual chat system. Chat bubbles (+ emotes) help to bring a feel of a living world.

Plus, having to switch between flooded chat boxes to see who says what is exausting.