Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KingJack974

Betrayal and all fun stuff

OK so a quick question to either ACE or the Community :

From the AMA, no friendly fire by default. That's okay with me, but how will surprise-betrayal work if we don't have friendly fire ? The most efficient (and funniest) way to betray is the betrayal in the midst of battle. Large battle with your "enemy" -> you surprise-switch sides -> former allies get pawned -> you (and new allies) enjoy. But how to do that without FF ? How to switch between teams in a few secs ? Any thoughts on the subject ? ACE any info on that aspect ?

This has be theorized a few time. And FF is more of a potential griefing tool then it is a 'betrayal' mechanic. One person attacking 20 is not gonna be much of a betrayal.

So what you have to work with(in my opinion) is sabotage. What if you are given the ability to open and close a strong holds gates? What if you destroy all the balistas? Hopefully before anyone notices and takes the privilege away.

But i think stuff like this needs to be scoped to the proper rings, like the gods vs gods and faction vs faction this turns in to a real issue because you cant remove this person from your side. In the guilds ring or the dreggs it would be great!

CfWBSig.png

OK so a quick question to either ACE or the Community : From the AMA, no friendly fire by default. That's okay with me, but how will surprise-betrayal work if we don't have friendly fire ? The most efficient (and funniest) way to betray is the betrayal in the midst of battle. Large battle with your "enemy" -> you surprise-switch sides -> former allies get pawned -> you (and new allies) enjoy. But how to do that without FF ? How to switch between teams in a few secs ? Any thoughts on the subject ? ACE any info on that aspect ?

Drop out of your group and start nuking.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Yeah, this form of betrayal is a far cry from the kind of betrayal I am hoping for.  In a game where teams are not randomly assigned or pre-determined, betrayal of this kind is dumb because you will gain a reputation.  The only meaningful betrayal comes as a coordinated sabotage (such as unlocking gates before a siege or emptying the coffers).  I hope these are options.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

OK so a quick question to either ACE or the Community :

From the AMA, no friendly fire by default. That's okay with me, but how will surprise-betrayal work if we don't have friendly fire ? The most efficient (and funniest) way to betray is the betrayal in the midst of battle. Large battle with your "enemy" -> you surprise-switch sides -> former allies get pawned -> you (and new allies) enjoy. But how to do that without FF ? How to switch between teams in a few secs ? Any thoughts on the subject ? ACE any info on that aspect ?

"Betrayal" is more the political aspect IMO, i.e. pick your guild alliances carefully other wise they might screws you over. It's worth to note that the devs never said there won't be any FF, just that they think it would be terrible, and with the current combat model I agree.

In predefined faction warfare you won't see much if any inter-faction warfare, but you will get a ton of double crossing going on with the gvg campaigns as such was the case in DFO and SB.

Edited by helix

They could do it easily with an Alliance system, where you could link Guilds as Allies (like in ARK). Simply dropping that alliance would make them prime Targets even in the heat of battle.

Edited by Zimm