Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Duelist powers and UI - Official discussion thread

This is awesome. I read the whole article with a poorly made socks eating grin on my face. The barrel with the hat on it had me dying :D

I'll surely have fun with it but it is surprisingly how close it is to the WoW Legion Outlaw Rogue. Not saying it doesnt fit (because it totaly does) but it is eerie. Well I play a rogue in WoW so I'm not mad.

First I thought you would get the buffs depending on how many pips you spent but random is fine too. Just one more question: Is it now 5 or 6 pips? You can't get 6 buffs with 5 pips but Blaire said so. I wouldn't want to get all buffs with one activation, probably.

Other then that I think he has all tools to be viable and fun. Let's just hope he keeps his defensive tool ...

P.S. WHEN?! NOW!!! ASAP!!! WANT!!!

I AM ME!
I love you all.

The next power in the tray is Inconceivable! Yes, that’s right: Inconceivable! You could say this power has a bit of randomness to it. It is a pip spender that activates one to six random (unique) buffs on the Duelist. The more pips spent, the higher the probability that more buffs will be added as well as increasing the length of those buffs.

Not really a fan of randomness like this. Thankfully the buffs look fairly good regardless of what you get.

So uh, you can break the duelist out of 'stealth' when they take damage right?

You have to bring a Knight for that chain pull. ;P

Will the burrowing and tunneling leave any sort of above-ground disturbance?  Are there any terrain restrictions?  Can you burrow on top of a wall?

Edited by Hyriol

While I love the whole thing, I have a few questions and concerns:

Duelist, I believe, should not be full stealth. It would be better, I feel, if they were partially invincible in Burrow, however there is an effect which locates them when they move.

Secondly, wondering if the explosive barrel of their Vanish power can destroy walls and, potentially, create tunnels with enough Duelists and time.

Just so long as an army of Duelists can't just burrow everywhere and simultaneously Cannon Barrage  for a 1 shot kill without even seeing them. Then we should be good. 

Also, why the standard 5 pips? Why not 8 or 10 and allow a deeper strategy of gain and cost?

OS_Sig3.png

We decided to stick with one tray for both melee and ranged and to think of his firearm as more of a short-range burst power (an extension of his melee arsenal) so that he wouldn’t start to feel like just another ranged character.

You say this but then the range of his attacks is 30m, i was expeting a shotgun type thing.

Can't wait to check this little rodent in-game.

I really love the sound of this archetype, especially the burrowing technique. It is a very unique idea and looks like it will be very fun.  I hope that the use of 'stealth' with duelist will allow them to actually include the hide ability for ranger now.

36178841.jpg

I heartily approve of the inspiration behind the power names! Duellist looks to be a lot of fun to play, with plenty of scope for hit and runs (and being able to tunnel under walls adds a very interesting strategic layer). 

That is something that is sort of interesting. 

Will he be the only archetype using pistols?

When the Duelist was first announced last year, it was stated that they would be the only Archetype to use pistols (at least without a Discipline)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.