Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
McTan

Mithril Warhammers

We're certainly going to try for all Dwarf, as we always have. In the past we've used sub-guilds and the like to fill out different roles while the core group plays all Dwarf.

Generally speaking, we'd prefer to play with the racial handicap and remain all Dwarf just because that's the type of guild we are.

Alestorm MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Out of curiosity, considering the way archetypes and roles are structured with Forgemasters essentially being relegated to crafters in Crowfall, is MWH going to stray from their Dwarven roots in order to ensure an impactful presence in the CW's?  

Another reason I ask is I noticed you guys are doing some good work with a few of the Champions in your guild, namely barab and mctan, and I know a team of "all  _____" wouldn't fare well with the way the game is at the moment. 

There are a lot of not-yet-knowns, but like Alestorm said we are going to try to stretch the limits of all-dwarf.  In SB our primary guild was all dwarf, but we had a sub that was, if not ARAC, something closer to it.  I suspect we will try something similar here: all-dwarf to the ends of innovating (really hopeful for the promotion classes and the disciplines to stretch a single archetype out), then picking up some other archetypes.

They were an all dwarf clan in SB and it worked out ok in SB for the most part. They were really easy to resist on the casting end(They only had holy damage casters so if you stacked holy resist you were fine) but they had very strong physical damage classes as well as having strong healers.

Obviously CF is much more limited on the dwarf so that will be interesting to see how it turns out.

In SB, it was the same account having a dwarf in MWH proper and then alts in our sub-guild; here, we were already brainstorming having our guild members be sure to be constantly training their Forgemaster archetype and then those with VIP (most of us, likely) pick two other archetypes to train at leisure.  I think this could be a successful model for guilds who like lore-based things.  If we need to show out as dwarves, everyone can; if a situation calls for something else, we can do that too.

We've also discussed a little bit "wider" lore-based: figuring out what archetypes/gods Kane would be okay with.  Or, according to the lore, most Forgemasters turned from Kane back toward Gaea in repentance for her death, so that could be potentially interesting, too.

Usually in SB we still had over 50% dwarves in our big engagements no matter what.  Then, when we were doing more rolling groups or mine fights (what might be PoI/caravan groups in CF), we would run all dwarf or 80% dwarf.  

Edit: Also, thanks for the shout-outs on the champ.  I mostly rely on Miraluna; she is a dominant healer IMO.

Edited by mctan

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Or, you could ally with guilds that could provide archetype variation for you.  None of my business, really, but I am pulling for you guys insofar as making an all Dwarf guild work.  CF heavily lacks thematic identity elements, an absence that will be missed and will create a void that begs to be filled, and therefore guilds like Mithril Warhammers provide some hope to nerds like me.  Keep doing your thing!

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Or, you could ally with guilds that could provide archetype variation for you.  None of my business, really, but I am pulling for you guys insofar as making an all Dwarf guild work.  CF heavily lacks thematic identity elements, an absence that will be missed and will create a void that begs to be filled, and therefore guilds like Mithril Warhammers provide some hope to nerds like me.  Keep doing your thing!

Definitely an option.  The AMA response about aiming for guilds sized 20-40 was really promising.  I think smaller, tighter group identities are absolutely key to this game's longevity.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Definitely an option.  The AMA response about aiming for guilds sized 20-40 was really promising.  I think smaller, tighter group identities are absolutely key to this game's longevity.  Thanks for the encouragement!

As much as I would love to see 20-40 man guilds be the norm, I don't think that's going to be the case near the launch of the game.  Here's to hoping, though.

My thoughts are if the allegiance / alliance / guild subset system functions properly then we can see guilds be able to function in the smaller to medium size. I know we would rather prefer to roll as our typical small/medium force with the option to join other medium size guilds in an union.

I am sure there will be 500+ guilds that want the strength in numbers but hopefully they are more fodder than a threat.  

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Agreed! I like the thematic and lore foundations of the guild. Hope to see more guilds and organizations like this in Crowfall. Also always fun guys to fight with or against. ^^  

Although there aren't dwarves, a bunch of MWH have started in on Albion Online.  For now, we are playing relatively casually learning the game - but if anyone wants to stop by and/or play together, inbox me.

Hammers High!

Edited by mctan

Fist in the air to all the future Forge Masters waiting for our awakening.  

To all those self proclaimed hard core elite guild members out there hard crashing to avoid losing your precious pixels I am not going to name you out but you know who you are. Cowards.....

Big shout out to that five duelist unguided gank squad roaming around last night. Had some fun fights with y'alls. 

I haven't checked out the recruiting forum, but I remember you all from Shadowbane.  By far the coolest, most fun, most talented group of enemies I can remember in awhile.  I still remember dwarf raiding parties encroaching on our lands, and also sneaking into your city for all sorts of shenanigans.  Excited to see you guys in the dregs.

Nohmad

(aka, Sonya DOM from Death server)

I haven't checked out the recruiting forum, but I remember you all from Shadowbane.  By far the coolest, most fun, most talented group of enemies I can remember in awhile.  I still remember dwarf raiding parties encroaching on our lands, and also sneaking into your city for all sorts of shenanigans.  Excited to see you guys in the dregs.

Nohmad

I still have nightmares on being caught solo out in the frozen tundra sandwiched between DOM sisters killing me by 1000 cuts. Some of the best fighting in a pvp mmorpg over those few months we have ever had.

Nohmad

Sonya! We still fondly (is fondly the right word?) remember your group of scouts wiping our farming group, but there being a known stalemate between the two McTan Dwarven 1h/shield warriors and you all. Glad you're here, too.

Edited by mctan

Those were some of the best battles. Ireki scouts versus dwarven warriors -- some of the best gaming memories I have, period.  I still remember shot calling and telling other DOM scouts to cycle out as they got low on life, and then sending in another one to her place.  We just had to hope we could grind you guys down over the course of like ten minutes.  I can't remember who it was either, but I still remember an epic one v. one with one MWH -- ultimately I couldn't grind him down and had to retreat. But the battle went on forever, and it was an absolute blast... hah. 

Hopefully we don't share the same island again.  Or maybe that would be awesome?  =)

I think it was either Zic or me (Mic) - we were the first to T6 on death, and couldn't do much damage but were virtually indestructible! I'd be thrilled if we were occupying the same spaces again, what great gaming memories that SB server gave us.

Looking for an Active guild, been playing MMos for awile but stopped for nearly 8 years. First Game to catch my eye in awile and looking for a home to call my own, espcially if you guys use to play Warhammer, my fav of them all.

Hey MWH.  Its good to see you again since Little Ice.  Its been a long time.

Hey Guys!

Sign me up! I also played with you in Albion as an alliance member (Guild: The Horde).

At the moment I am downloading Crowfall,

hope to see you guys ingame!

-Dotfix

Brethren were laying low as we dont want to burn out, having been in alpha well over a year, we may show back up with the Templar. PM me for our discord info.

Dotfix were are 100% going to be hitting up Albion with the next version with the wipe, you are welcome to join us, I will reach out to the other guilds we fight with or against closer to next version release in beta.

Edited by barab

Bunch of us playing playing under a Dwarf charter on the new lore shadowbane emu server magicbane.com

PM me if interested. Server runs smooth with constant pvp. We are the only Dwarf charter in the world. Tree of life just hit 5 in our city.