Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Suggestion to bring “combat” back to healing and prevent stacking

I agree. Waiting around out of combat or having to disengage every few seconds because you got a little focused to get the full benefit of healing sounds boring, not fun, and extremely counter-intuitive if your playing "brawler" archetypes like the champion or tanks (both of which really need a healer behind them). If healing is a problem (and I don't think it is) there are a lot of other ways to put in check. In fact, this would just make dogpiling on a target even more effective since the potency of heals would be reduced.

Agreed. Only game I've played that healing was a problem was World of Wacraft. And that's because people couldn't be bothered to put in even the most cursory of tactical effort in focusing a target, etc.

Why people are trying to destroy healers before they've even had a chance is beyond me. A lot of these argument sounds like people want to just dps unmolested. Rather liked the build to counter somethign approach Shadowbane had.

There many options to deal with healing that isn't simply "don't let there be healing." I find it counter-intuitive to be building a game that is supposed to promote builds and counter-builds to remove one big aspect which is healing.

Unless they lied and gear is going to boost you ridiculous amount like it does in theme-park games, healing should never grow out of control.

The entire initiative to create this thread seems to have emerged based on how healing was working at the HD. Too early I think, to call for drastic changes on healing. HD abilities were tentative, many will change in scale and might even be removed, or switch to other archetypes.

Let's see how the game is when we have more archetypes and when balancing numbers is something they are concerned with.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

I love the idea of a point click healing, Personally i havent played the damn game because i am always working when the Alpha drops during certain times. So i dont know exactly how the healing works but i dont mind the on damage healing or "HOT" Heal over time. Just makes it alot harder for us off tank, Healing specs to really specialize in a certain type of heal or healing if you will.

I mainly play a support character in most of the games unless people piss me off then i go dps. In most games it is hard to come by a good healer, I would love to see this type of healing.

What about making healing actually dangerous for the healer? Stupid examples:

When you heal you take damage, and you might die from healing too much.

When you heal you can't move/are slowed down, making you an easy target.

Make healing spells have really small range, meaning you basically have to follow your tanker inside the clusterf*ck if you want to heal them.

Make it hard being a good healer, make their decisions actually matter, not just the DPS'.

IMHO healing isn't a problem, how healing work is(e.g. being too easy or OP).

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

Maybe give Duelist a specific counter to the Cow that cuts straight through the Berserk?

Like an elephant afraid of a mouse? ^^

While 1v1 balance is undesirable, reliance on hard counters in a game that is already dangerously close (potentially, probably?) to a hero swapping game is may create a fiddly/frustrating, anti-immersive play experience more focused on the depth of your meat locker as opposed to how you play.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I thought the way the Disciple of Khaine healed via combat in the Warhammer MMO was a fun and innovative approach. 

It sounds great on paper but it played out as a back line healer more often than a front line one.

Rage Quit

What about making healing actually dangerous for the healer? Stupid examples:

When you heal you take damage, and you might die from healing too much.

When you heal you can't move/are slowed down, making you an easy target.

Make healing spells have really small range, meaning you basically have to follow your tanker inside the clusterf*ck if you want to heal them.

Make it hard being a good healer, make their decisions actually matter, not just the DPS'.

IMHO healing isn't a problem, how healing work is(e.g. being too easy or OP).

I don't think healing is an issue or OP to be honest. In fact healing is so weak that you're forced to stack your group to compensate FOR it. Even with healing stack I usually don't have issues killing people, as the healing potential to actually save people from being trained isn't really there (unless you have multiple legionnaires hitting C and that's on a 60 second cool down. So once a minute you might actually be able to save someone). Bellow is a light pat on the back, and the druids orbs are negligible, plus they're forced out of healing because of essence giving your enemies a large window of time to actually kill someone. 

I don't think healing or supports need haphazard mechanics, especially considering what you're getting back in return on a support by support basis. Quite the opposite actually, supports are in poor shape, they need a buff (whether it's scaling, a better toolkit, etc, I dunno). 

Being a "good" individual healer is hard to do now, since healing and to a greater extent "supporting" is muzzled.

Edited by helix

I don't think healing is an issue or OP to be honest. In fact healing is so weak that you're forced to stack your group to compensate FOR it. Even with healing stack I usually don't have issues killing people, as the healing potential to actually save people from being trained isn't really there (unless you have multiple legionnaires hitting C and that's on a 60 second cool down. So once a minute you might actually be able to save someone). Bellow is a light pat on the back, and the druids orbs are negligible, plus they're forced out of healing because of essence giving your enemies a large window of time to actually kill someone. 

I don't think healing or supports need haphazard mechanics, especially considering what you're getting back in return on a support by support basis. Quite the opposite actually, supports are in poor shape, they need a buff (whether it's scaling, a better toolkit, etc, I dunno). 

Being a "good" individual healer is hard to do now, since healing and to a greater extent "supporting" is muzzled.

I tried to speak about healing in general, not only in CF. What I don't like is for healers to be OP or game breaking, and I don't know if they are in CF so early on.

“War is mass murder, conscription is slavery and taxation is robbery.” ― Murray N. Rothbard
alGxc9C.png
✣Junte-se a nós✣

In my opinion, you need to adjust combat to the game itself.
I could be wrong but PvP encounters will happen in campaings with fog AND a mix of PvP and PvE (PVPVE).
So, you will have a lot of unbalanced situations, in terms of numbers (i.e. you will find yourself outnumbered or the enemy will) and in terms of team composition (i.e. you could end being in a team with 3 of the same archetype).
Thus, balance and archetypes need to fit in there. You can't have pure support classes or any other role.
Also, you can't make support a gamebreaking feature and inside support, direct healing and preventive damage (buffs and CCs) need to be balanced as well.
I'm 100% in favor of every archetype have its own support and attack skills.
It's easier to balance in messy situations like the ones will appear in this game.

Edited by PhiLLiPS

I would have preferred the removal of healers period, with supports instead using shields or disruption to keep their allies alive. Being ranged squishier tanks with more umph to their ability to influence the safety of others.

Coupled with a bump in TTK and fairly brutal death penalties you could force intense battles followed by, like in reality, a routing period during which players attempt to save themselves. I'd prefer only a handful of classes be effective at catching fleeing foes (the usual pathetic and cowardly breed that is the roguesarchetype, no doubt).

I keep seeing people express their dissatisfaction at the short length of battles and then offhandedly suggest stronger healing as the solution. More healing should never be the solution. Do it via increased health pools, lower overall damage, or better armor values, whatever, but never through healing.

It sounds great on paper but it played out as a back line healer more often than a front line one.

That was mostly because zergs trivialized anyone who wasn't an aoe-spammer or ranged. You know, before keep trading trivialized everything.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.