Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

First Look: Crafting Stations - Official discussion thread

Can we make them public like the Smithy Shop in Britain was so multiple crafters are using them at the same time?

If a thrall is mass producing an item can we still use it or do we have to wait till it's finished?

Can the crafting thralls be used as vendors to sell our goods too or are vendor thralls slotted into different buildings?

Can these station be places in any building of our choice like UO?

I'm looking forward to crafting more than ever.

What!   IdeaMatrix has not seen this yet?

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

Love crafting, excited for more info. I don't want to come off as a negative nancy, as I understand ACE is small and I am in no particular hurry to play Crowfall. Outside of the monthly archetype update, does anyone else feel that these weekly updates make it appear that ACE is developing this game at an absolute snail pace? I mean what is with the staggered approach to releasing concept art? Is this really for marketing purposes or are they just completing concept art now? Overall I think they should use the same strategy they switch to with testing, spread out content updates but make them excitingly dense. 

Would be pretty nifty if "during automated production" / "mass production" we could see a Thrall working on the table.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Love crafting, excited for more info. I don't want to come off as a negative nancy, as I understand ACE is small and I am in no particular hurry to play Crowfall. Outside of the monthly archetype update, does anyone else feel that these weekly updates make it appear that ACE is developing this game at an absolute snail pace? I mean what is with the staggered approach to releasing concept art? Is this really for marketing purposes or are they just completing concept art now? Overall I think they should use the same strategy they switch to with testing, spread out content updates but make them excitingly dense. 

I had the opportunity to see the development of a game very closely and knew about features before the normal crowd knew about them. Trust me, while it sounds like a great thing, it was not worth it in the end. At least not as a dedicated fan who was very involved with the game's community beforehand.

I had to sign an NDA and was not allowed to talk about the secret stuff they still had to reveal. There were no surprises for me anymore, nothing to look forward to, because I already knew what was coming. I also had to think twice before I posted something in the forums, on twitter or IRC. I had to double check everything so I didn't reveal anything that would break my NDA. It took a lot of effort and energy to keep engaged with the community. At the end I was way less active and engaged then I wanted to.

So these staggered game updates are awesome (for me). Every week I can expect some new info, things to look forward to. Something that keeps me excited about the game, development and the devteam. It's good that they keep some things hidden or a secret. It keeps the community engaged. I understand you want to know everything, but I'm confident enough to say to you that you really don't want that. My experience tells me you would less excited about the game in the end and it would suck the fun out of everything for you.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Thanks again for giving us a front-row seat.  I know most people aren't interested in or don't have the patience to watch the whole process, but I love it.  Thanks for showing us the concept art.  Thanks for showing us the design discussions.  Thanks for showing us the modeling, rigging, animating, programming, testing, bug fixing, and everything else that goes into bringing a world to life.  Thanks for opening the doors to your house and giving us a warm welcome.

ACE, you guys rock.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

I had the opportunity to see the development of a game very closely and knew about features before the normal crowd knew about them. Trust me, while it sounds like a great thing, it was not worth it in the end. At least not as a dedicated fan who was very involved with the game's community beforehand.

I had to sign an NDA and was not allowed to talk about the secret stuff they still had to reveal. There were no surprises for me anymore, nothing to look forward to, because I already knew what was coming. I also had to think twice before I posted something in the forums, on twitter or IRC. I had to double check everything so I didn't reveal anything that would break my NDA. It took a lot of effort and energy to keep engaged with the community. At the end I was way less active and engaged then I wanted to.

So these staggered game updates are awesome (for me). Every week I can expect some new info, things to look forward to. Something that keeps me excited about the game, development and the devteam. It's good that they keep some things hidden or a secret. It keeps the community engaged. I understand you want to know everything, but I'm confident enough to say to you that you really don't want that. My experience tells me you would less excited about the game in the end and it would suck the fun out of everything for you.

thanks for this awesome reply! I have full confidence in ACE, and will be excited to play the game when it is complete. I guess I take for granted being the feeling of knowing content will be posted every tuesday and thursday. I am game for small updates, if that keeps the stream steady. :)

Was hoping for me Duelist infos but this is good too.

Maybe for the dual use stations could have a temp animation or something based on what your crafting. Like if cooking you'll see a grill appear over the open flame, otherwise it just a open fire pit like its pictured when blacksmithing.