Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

First Look: Crafting Stations - Official discussion thread

*steps through a portal from the Realm of Zero Free Time and Piddlesome Internets*...

What'd I miss? Oooooooooooh. Craftinnnnnnngggg... *drooooooool*.  I cannot wait for more info. *Doesn't wait for more info, and instead wills himself out of existence*

Seriously though. I has an excite. And I realize this is going to produce groans from some, and/or be misinterpreted by others, but I REALLY hope for some kind of enjoyable engagement in the crafting system, beyond just being an elaborate means to some spiffy ends. Not trying to be negative. It really already seems 173% cooler than any other MMO I've seen/played's crafting system. Minimum. 8P. I would simply hate to see it miss its own potential purely because of a "Nah, let's just board up that path and never go down it" philosophy. Because for some strange reason, no one who's actually making a game can consider any kind of actively-enjoyable element of crafting without immediately thinking of some horrible Fable-like mini-game. I think it's illegal. There are Galactic Thought Police who will imprison any developers who do so, u_u...

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

All these are great news! Happy to see the very basis of player economy taking shape!

It is also a great idea to add brewing and cooking, as it seems obvious our adventurer will need them to survive the hunger! :P

This is very cool, the experimentation will be a very useful feature. In a game where resources are so important, spending too much stuff testing out compositions might be too costly. It would be fun if the "points" on experimentation are like from 60% to 90% accurate or something, because it is all theoretical, and it gets more precise as the crafter advances his skill, knowing what to expect due to experience, but never reaches 100%, so you have to craft an item or too in order to know.

The idea of crafting stations is nothing new, it is like ESO and so many other MMOs, but I like the fact they are also a place to store things and assign NPCs. It opens up potential for a lot of things, including setting up shops with thralls. I shall wait and see!

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

In Reign of Kings, I could break into someone's house and destroy all of their tables. Possible or asset destruction only during siege?

Breaking someone's table, especially early in the cycle, really set them back and the tears flowed.

That would be cool if these were destructable. And you'd have to install door locks to prevent them from being destroyed.

And there would be a lockpicking skill to pick thise locks.

In Reign of Kings, I could break into someone's house and destroy all of their tables. Possible or asset destruction only during siege?

Breaking someone's table, especially early in the cycle, really set them back and the tears flowed.

After I break your table, I want to be able to tag the room "Zolaz Lives".  Let you know who to come looking for.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

After I break your table, I want to be able to tag the room "Zolaz Lives".  Let you know who to come looking for.

tagging would be great. In reign of kings I am known to leave a BBC on a sign somewhere, especially on my own guild's walls in their houses. So, I don't think that will be possible unless it's tagging your name and a guild logo. Coz I'm the reason we can't have nice things.

This is a great update. I like the idea of having a base crafting station apply to a few disciplines. It would also be interesting to see a modular crafting station. For example, there is the base station that could turn into a metal working station. I thought I heard/saw that gems is an offshoot of metalworking. You could then upgrade the station to accommodate that. Hey, that could even mean someone like a carpenter could build a business around upgrading people's crafting stations.

Edited by mist3rrnr

tagging would be great. In reign of kings I am known to leave a BBC on a sign somewhere, especially on my own guild's walls in their houses. So, I don't think that will be possible unless it's tagging your name and a guild logo. Coz I'm the reason we can't have nice things.

Depends on how you feel about BBCs I suppose.  Headlight and his "BBCs Matter" movement might need to stay in Reign of Kings.  Though I would think that "Play to Crush" might be a little more adult and allow some of that.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

Crafting in Crowfall combines familiar MMO elements with a new twist

FULL STORY

Good, i like it, gj Artcraft, hopefully not everyone will be able to learn and raise everything, but you have limits on how much crafting professions you can specialize in, otherwise economy, trading, offer and demand will suffer a lot.

This is a common mistake i see in other sandbox like Darkfall where the economy was pratically non existent since everyone craft themselves what they need and there is no need to rely on other people.

Hope to see player vendors, auction house and market place hubs where people can sell or order what they need.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

Good, i like it, gj Artcraft, hopefully not everyone will be able to learn and raise everything, but you have limits on how much crafting professions you can specialize in, otherwise economy, trading, offer and demand will suffer a lot.

This is a common mistake i see in other sandbox like Darkfall where the economy was pratically non existent since everyone craft themselves what they need and there is no need to rely on other people.

Hope to see player vendors, auction house and market place hubs where people can sell or order what they need.

Well there might not be an auction house. Ace want players to interact with each other and visit EKs not just an annonymous auction house.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Technically, you could end up, after a long time, mastering all the crafting skills necessary to do everything at top level.

However, as the quality of the craft will also be determined by material quality, buffs, and luck, it will take dedication and team play to be among the masters.

Which is something both to look forward to as a crafter, but also as a guild member / team player.

I see trading becoming a crucial thing straight away! This is what made the success of EVE, I hardly see it not succeed in CF. :)

Would be pretty nifty if "during automated production" / "mass production" we could see a Thrall working on the table.

gotta need a dedicated Frostweaver to whip the chain-sickle a few times over the thralls in order to produce more..... hahaha.... no?

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor