Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for October: Testing 'Big World' - Official discussion thread

Now i remember. The questions was when will we get a new Q&A card. And there it is.

qMiHpCH.jpg

Allways nice to see promises kept. :)

Kept promises? They promised they wouldn't waste my money, but here they are wasting my money on a new card! :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

The only thing that is off putting is the fact that stat/skill increasing potions were created.  If they are brought into the cash shop after launch that is a huge Pay to Win element that would seriously damage the game.  Please keep the promise to keep those only in the test environment!

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

The only thing that is off putting is the fact that stat/skill increasing potions were created.  If they are brought into the cash shop after launch that is a huge Pay to Win element that would seriously damage the game.  Please keep the promise to keep those only in the test environment!

they are only doing this for the testing, so you can try out the higher level skills... 

Is PvP going to be enabled at the Faction level or the Group level?

I kinda wish they just made it FFA and turned off friendly fire for those that are in your group. Cap group size at ~ 5. 

Then you can meet up with friends and duel each other to test stuff and/or go out and look for group PVP. Group size at 5 will somewhat help with zerging. 

I kinda wish they just made it FFA and turned off friendly fire for those that are in your group. Cap group size at ~ 5. 

Then you can meet up with friends and duel each other to test stuff and/or go out and look for group PVP. Group size at 5 will somewhat help with zerging. 

Someone hire this guy, I second this. 

It will be pretty similar to Hunger Dome. Everyone else is hostile (red) to you. If you /group up with other players, they become green to you. That being said, we are focusing more on all the new server/world/gameplay systems tech we built over the summer.

I am much more interested in can you start out just harvesting wood and make it through the resource tech tree as well as if you can make it to crafting the more advanced Runetools. (bonus points to those who can make it into the weapon / armor crafting) Also of paramount importance is if people understand how single recipes produce a variety of outcomes based on resources used.

If you want to craft and harvest and avoid other players make a Duelist, they are very hard to spot and can vanish if needed.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

It will be pretty similar to Hunger Dome. Everyone else is hostile (red) to you. If you /group up with other players, they become green to you. That being said, we are focusing more on all the new server/world/gameplay systems tech we built over the summer.

I am much more interested in can you start out just harvesting wood and make it through the resource tech tree as well as if you can make it to crafting the more advanced Runetools. (bonus points to those who can make it into the weapon / armor crafting) Also of paramount importance is if people understand how single recipes produce a variety of outcomes based on resources used.

If you want to craft and harvest and avoid other players make a Duelist, they are very hard to spot and can vanish if needed.

gg, that makes big world a whole lot more interesting

they are only doing this for the testing, so you can try out the higher level skills... 

I get why they are doing it, I'm just hoping they never bring it into the live server via a purchasable cash shop item after launch.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

Now I need a change of pants...... Great...

Thanks again Blair..... ^^

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1Ikpy6h.png

On that note though, is weapon / armor crafting very far down the line and require a lot of materials to be harvested? Time sink might be a problem to get there during testing. 

Edited by Elvine

Awesome. This is exactly how I hoped it would be handled with it being FFA and friendly fire off if you group with someone. 

And does this confirm Duelist will be in when the big world launches?

1Ikpy6h.png

On that note though, is weapon / armor crafting very far down the line and require a lot of materials to be harvested? Time sink might be a problem to get there during testing. 

The "plate chest" recipe is part of the base engineering tree, so it is very easy to get to, but should only produce armor with mitigation values. Plate Chest has a series of optional components, like metal sheets (which also have their own optional components) which are much more advanced and will be found in the blacksmithing tree. 

Optional components in all our recipes add stats to the base item (such as crit/attack power). So in this case if you want anything other than mitigation on armor you need to also add in the optionals.

Ultimately it means with 1 recipe we can make the output as simple or complicated as the crafter / market demands.

Planning out what kind of stats I want on the swords I have been crafting has been lots of fun. I keep adding more metal alloys to cover a bigger stat spread. Since we really haven't talked about it before, the Crowfall crafting system is a RPG / min maxers players dream. We have given the crafter the control to customize the stats on what they are crafting to a degree I haven't seen before.

I really look forward to you guys being able to play with it. There will be multiple shortcuts (like buffing potions) that we put in so you can help us test effectively and will be removed past the early testing phases.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

The "plate chest" recipe is part of the base engineering tree, so it is very easy to get to, but should only produce armor with mitigation values. Plate Chest has a series of optional components, like metal sheets (which also have their own optional components) which are much more advanced and will be found in the blacksmithing tree. 

Optional components in all our recipes add stats to the base item (such as crit/attack power). So in this case if you want anything other than mitigation on armor you need to also add in the optionals.

Ultimately it means with 1 recipe we can make the output as simple or complicated as the crafter / market demands.

Planning out what kind of stats I want on the swords I have been crafting has been lots of fun. I keep adding more metal alloys to cover a bigger stat spread. Since we really haven't talked about it before, the Crowfall crafting system is a RPG / min maxers players dream. We have given the crafter the control to customize the stats on what they are crafting to a degree I haven't seen before.

I really look forward to you guys being able to play with it. There will be multiple shortcuts (like buffing potions) that we put in so you can help us test effectively and will be removed past the early testing phases.

You gotta stop getting me all wet like this..... it's becoming uncomfortable.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

NICE!!!!!!!