Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

ACE Q&A for October: Testing 'Big World' - Official discussion thread

You gotta stop getting me all wet like this..... it's becoming uncomfortable.

You should get a tub, when ACE reveals the crafting system, you might just fill it up :P

It will be pretty similar to Hunger Dome. Everyone else is hostile (red) to you. If you /group up with other players, they become green to you. That being said, we are focusing more on all the new server/world/gameplay systems tech we built over the summer.

I am much more interested in can you start out just harvesting wood and make it through the resource tech tree as well as if you can make it to crafting the more advanced Runetools. (bonus points to those who can make it into the weapon / armor crafting) Also of paramount importance is if people understand how single recipes produce a variety of outcomes based on resources used.

If you want to craft and harvest and avoid other players make a Duelist, they are very hard to spot and can vanish if needed.

1vAll, I like it! I can't wait for the Duelist! *Drool*

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Awesome. This is exactly how I hoped it would be handled with it being FFA and friendly fire off if you group with someone. 

And does this confirm Duelist will be in when the big world launches?

The Duelist was confirmed for the Big World on Wednesday

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

The only thing that is off putting is the fact that stat/skill increasing potions were created.  If they are brought into the cash shop after launch that is a huge Pay to Win element that would seriously damage the game.  Please keep the promise to keep those only in the test environment!

They shouldn't sell them during launch or say the 1st year but I feel they should after 1 year they should grant ever new player 3- 6 months of progress on their skills to help bring them in line with players that have been playing 1 year plus. Catch up skills for new players essentially.

Attracting new players to the game is something that keeps the servers alive and healthy. We need new players coming in and if people don't want to play crowfall cause the common fear or being behind so much this would be a great way to throw them a bone so speak.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

They shouldn't sell them during launch or say the 1st year but I feel they should after 1 year they should grant ever new player 3- 6 months of progress on their skills to help bring them in line with players that have been playing 1 year plus. Catch up skills for new players essentially.

Attracting new players to the game is something that keeps the servers alive and healthy. We need new players coming in and if people don't want to play crowfall cause the common fear or being behind so much this would be a great way to throw them a bone so speak.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.  If they do the skills system right, there should be no need for catch up mechanics.  If it doesn't take very long to become viable in a single archetype and fill a single role it should be fine.  As long as the skills training gives more horizontal rather than vertical progression it should be fine.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Do we have a timeline for when Big World will go live? Just Soon or did I overlook something?

Edit: Nevermind

Our next round of testing, which will begin at the end of this month, will cover these foundational systems. Internally, we’ve been calling this our ‘Big World’ milestone, for reasons that are probably obvious.
Edited by baerin

It will be pretty similar to Hunger Dome. Everyone else is hostile (red) to you. If you /group up with other players, they become green to you. That being said, we are focusing more on all the new server/world/gameplay systems tech we built over the summer.

I am much more interested in can you start out just harvesting wood and make it through the resource tech tree as well as if you can make it to crafting the more advanced Runetools. (bonus points to those who can make it into the weapon / armor crafting) Also of paramount importance is if people understand how single recipes produce a variety of outcomes based on resources used.

If you want to craft and harvest and avoid other players make a Duelist, they are very hard to spot and can vanish if needed.

Will there be a set group size limit and if so what ?

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

The "plate chest" recipe is part of the base engineering tree, so it is very easy to get to, but should only produce armor with mitigation values. Plate Chest has a series of optional components, like metal sheets (which also have their own optional components) which are much more advanced and will be found in the blacksmithing tree. 

Optional components in all our recipes add stats to the base item (such as crit/attack power). So in this case if you want anything other than mitigation on armor you need to also add in the optionals.

Ultimately it means with 1 recipe we can make the output as simple or complicated as the crafter / market demands.

Planning out what kind of stats I want on the swords I have been crafting has been lots of fun. I keep adding more metal alloys to cover a bigger stat spread. Since we really haven't talked about it before, the Crowfall crafting system is a RPG / min maxers players dream. We have given the crafter the control to customize the stats on what they are crafting to a degree I haven't seen before.

I really look forward to you guys being able to play with it. There will be multiple shortcuts (like buffing potions) that we put in so you can help us test effectively and will be removed past the early testing phases.

My filthy casual crafter/spy is looking forward to the crafting system.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

The "plate chest" recipe is part of the base engineering tree, so it is very easy to get to, but should only produce armor with mitigation values. Plate Chest has a series of optional components, like metal sheets (which also have their own optional components) which are much more advanced and will be found in the blacksmithing tree. 

Optional components in all our recipes add stats to the base item (such as crit/attack power). So in this case if you want anything other than mitigation on armor you need to also add in the optionals.

Ultimately it means with 1 recipe we can make the output as simple or complicated as the crafter / market demands.

Planning out what kind of stats I want on the swords I have been crafting has been lots of fun. I keep adding more metal alloys to cover a bigger stat spread. Since we really haven't talked about it before, the Crowfall crafting system is a RPG / min maxers players dream. We have given the crafter the control to customize the stats on what they are crafting to a degree I haven't seen before.

I really look forward to you guys being able to play with it. There will be multiple shortcuts (like buffing potions) that we put in so you can help us test effectively and will be removed past the early testing phases.

Now that sounds amazing - love it!!

KjUVOZg.png

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.  If they do the skills system right, there should be no need for catch up mechanics.  If it doesn't take very long to become viable in a single archetype and fill a single role it should be fine.  As long as the skills training gives more horizontal rather than vertical progression it should be fine.

I know they are trying to aiming for this but no matter what it will be struggle for MMOrpg players unless they promote this more as a MOBA. If they heavily promote this as a game where time spent in game has little to no effect on the power levels of characters it will be great but then you got to make sure that people that are playing and investing time feel rewarded as well the skill growth. Its a delicate balance. MMOrpg players generally don't like starting a game late because the fear of missing out or fear of being behind. Giving incentives for new players to join the game is a good thing. Any new blood you can bring into the game is great for business especially since you have to buy to play Crowfall.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

I know they are trying to aiming for this but no matter what it will be struggle for MMOrpg players unless they promote this more as a MOBA.

Sorry, why would they ever do that? Crowfall is not even close being a MOBA. Serious, what is wrong with an mmorpg just being an mmorpg? Crowfall should just promote what they are, a mmorpg that simulates war on a massive scale, with sieges and political intrique. This will never be a mainstream game. Which is totally fine by me.

The reason why I got interested in Crowfall is because it is an pvp mmorpg with a unique twist. There are plenty of (crappy) MOBA's for people to spend time in already if they want to. Leave Crowfall out of this crappy genre please.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

ACE can test my world emot-q.gif

i like the extension, days instead of hours. prob give a bunch of us some time to test it and get a chance to get together to not be able to log in and then mock it relentlessly in our cf thread because its funny as h*ck so dont take it the wrong way okay bye

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg