Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Race/archetypes Do You Want To See? (And Request For A Archetype Suggestion Subforum)

I loved it too!!! Even though most of the imperfects' powers were borrowed from other mutant characters, I thought their character designs were really sweet. And the gameplay (using powers, etc.) was neat for an early 2000s game.

Yeppers!  :D

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to see a pet Archetype, like a Beast Tamer.

I'd like to see a few Beast type Races like Lizard Folk.   I'd really like to see Griffin kin.  

Another race type I see even less often than reptiles is insect-based creatures. They're almost always exclusively mindless beasts but there are plenty of fun examples in nature of insects acting as a

My Reason for posting.

1) Only putting this because it seems elf's (for sure) and Witch/Dark-Arts user, is already in game.

2) Snakes!

Make them a unisex race plox (with features to make a good looking male or female). As for class could be anything from Water Whisperer to Tidal Assassin or something.

1372018208125.jpg

Anything with 4 arms for Quad Wielding madness

Or a prehensile tail for Tri Wielding pseudo madness

From the above suggestions a Naga-like creature with 4 arms for the "quad wielding madness" could be interesting. Movement defects combined with extra pair of hands?

I tried googling for "mythical creatures" and found several lists of them, maybe could come up with some adaptations based on them? Isn't it that historical myths are what almost all fictional fantasy races have been based on?  Anyway I tried tried figuring out something that way, but failed.

A shadow user could be nice too, a stealth class using shadows to attack and disappear. Of course no need to have a big shadows program, he could just spread in his own shadow.

He could also create shadows prisons as "stuns", and a black hole as a final attack B)

963525bengebyczarined4qx6ot.jpg   437439kekkaishiv11083.jpg

It really depends on what kind of combat there will be in CF. Will it only be ground based? If there is sea and air combat, then I woukd like to see archetypes tgat are suited for that type of combat.

As for races, maybe something unique. I mean, c'mon now... Elves, Humans, Dwarves...... Geez, I hope we get to play Orcs and Halflings too.... They are so rare!!! /sarcasm

How many MMO's can you name that let you play as Orcs or Halflings? Or Dwarves? Go.

For context, theirs more than a thousand MMO's.

I ask because im sick and tired of people tying them all together when Elves are literally more god damn popular than dwarves/halflings/orcs combined times 10 every day of the week.

Edited by dwarfurious

How many MMO's can you name that let you play as Orcs or Halflings? Or Dwarves? Go.

For context, theirs more than a thousand MMO's.

I ask because im sick and tired of people tying them all together when Elves are literally more god damn popular than dwarves/halflings/orcs combined times 10 every day of the week.

Yeah, Dwaves are familiar, not necessarily popular. Strength is naturally tied to size and hieght, but Dwarves are neither big, nor often associated with magic which is the typical compensation of diminutive fantasy races.  I'd be perfectly fine with Elves, if they were cut down to about 4 or 5 feet...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Yeah, Dwaves are familiar, not necessarily popular. Strength is naturally tied to size and hieght, but Dwarves are neither big, nor often associated with magic which is the typical compensation of diminutive fantasy races.  I'd be perfectly fine with Elves, if they were cut down to about 4 or 5 feet...

I would say that strenght is tied to the physical activities, a small but active being can be far more stronger than a large being if he has physical activities.

Just take monkey and human, as they are related species.

An orangutan is more or less the same size and weight than a human, but they are far more stronger. That's normal, they spend all their time climbing trees.

I agree that Dwarf are not always associated with magic, but on other hand, they usualy work in forges hammering iron, and they carry stones and rocks in their buildings. They maybe have short size, but lot of physical works, so they develop great strenght :)

Furthermore, Stoneborn are well... born from stone :D Basically, they don't have the same anatomy than human, they don't feel fatigue and weakness in the same way.

Edited by shmilbick

Nature as it pertains to alternate species is obviously different, it's obvious that a dwarf is tied to strength despite its size. But if you compare an orangutan to a gorilla, you can see the natural progression of size to power.

And since Crowfall humans are descendants of Arkon, the elder of the brother gods, and the same mother, Gaea, being decendent from mystical sources doesn't directly give dwarfs an advantage.

Edited by BahamutKaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Races I'd like to see:

- Something feline

- Something canine

- Dragonesque

- A bit demony

Whatever they are, I'm really wanting to see less sexual dimorphism. So far with the models, the guys are a bit bulky and square-jawed while females are lithe and doe-eyed. Both looks are great, but I'm always disappointed when I can't make my characters a little more androgynous. Males and females look like separate RACES so far.

Archetypes I'd like to see:

- Healing priest

- Healing templar

- Tanking assassin

From what I can tell, there's no evasive tank or healer so far.

Yes, healing should be replaced by support :)

Nature as it pertains to alternate species is obviously different, it's obvious that a dwarf is tied to strength despite its size. But if you compare an orangutan to a gorilla, you can see the natural progression of size to power.

And since Crowfall humans are descendants of Arkon, the elder of the brother gods, and the same mother, Gaea, being decendent from mystical sources doesn't directly give dwarfs an advantage.

I compared orangutan and human because they have more or less the same size and weight.

Off course if you take gorilla he will be overrated :D

Anyway, that's not the topic here :P

Edited by shmilbick

What do I want to see?
THE WAR HULK from D&D 3.5

Ogre_war_hulk.jpg

Large, lumbering and fearsome. The War Hulk stands a titan when compared to lesser men (or fae) and capable of massive damage in large scale battle with its wide swings and ability to throw boulders deep in to the fray. The War Hulk is not an unstoppable machine of war however, In its impressive stature and strength it lacks speed and wit making all it's actions easily avoided if one is not distracted. 

I wish to see a class that embodies the idea of large scale warfare while struggling in smaller battles, a class purpose built to lay siege but require the protection of its allies unless it be killed with haste by characters of much more agile build.

If this is to be a game of war, then let there be one born of war among us.

I like speed, allows you to have control over things, which direction you want to strike, when you want to strike and when you want to stop striking. Allows you to generally pick your fights whether you want to run or not. Alot of self control. 

Thus i would like a blade-master kind of a character. Not an assassin but more of a professional blade wielder, more like a samurai. Hopefully human aswell.

I tought about dual wielding but in real life situation, dual wielding actually feels like it makes you slower, blocks your avaible space and control over your body.

I would love to see a a open handed street fighter type, with maybe knuckle dusters or heavy gauntlets.

As a race, I'd like to see halfling/human/Small Furry

Yeah all about movement and Stunning, like the scoundrel/operative from Swtor- That's my jam 

Edgy

And a fancy picture for anyone who doesn't like words

I would love to see a a open handed street fighter type, with maybe knuckle dusters or heavy gauntlets.

As a race, I'd like to see halfling/human/Small Furry

Yeah all about movement and Stunning, like the scoundrel/operative from Swtor- That's my jam 

Dungeons_and_Dragons___Monk_by_RazariK.plike this, but less robe more back-alley

Edgy