Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

What will be your first profession?

Now that the persistent tests are going live at the end of the month, let me ask you a few questions to get your Guineacean wheels turning.

Which Crafting or Exploration tree do you plan on testing first?

What profession do you plan on starting with when the game launches?

What has you the most excited about your favorite profession and what needs changing?

Hum...for testing porpuses, I will certainly start of with a harvesting profession. And as I have no guild at the moment to get ressources from, I'd have to go that way anyways.

Come launch, I'd like to be an expert with Thralls. I imagine thats a profession interwined with every other crafting job, because everyone would like to infuse their work with a helpful spirit. And it would give me the chance to explore and travel in search of new spirits? Hopefully. Not much known about how this will work, right?

Additionally I'm curious about the taming tree in Exploration. maybe it will even cover training & breeding and stuff?

I'm totally looking forward to moooooore info :D

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

For testing I'll go with being a smith. Wildly beating innocent metals sounds like just what I need after working hard to do this or that. ;)  Fortunately I do have someone who wants to test ressource gathering, so I'm all set for that I think. Later in the game I'll stay with that profession most likely for the same reason hehe. But yeah the lack of information is what makes these speculations difficult.

c7nkddqc.png

If it's a viable niche, I'd like to be a Thrall-wrangler, able to dominate the most willful spirits and put them safely into an appropriate gem, Item of gear or structure.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Apparently our first profession will be "F-masher." Exciting times.

Seriously, though... If all goes wellnand crafting is actually an engaging, sustainably full-time role, I'd love to make spiffy equipment. Maybe armor? Maybe trinkets or magical stuff? Not really sure exactly what all the options will be. I tend to like the options typically shunned by others.

Others: "There's no point in taking up runecrafting... It sucks compared to the other crafts."

Me: "Challenge, ACCEPTED!"

Honestly, if it's gonna be fun, I'll likely be drawn to harvesting.

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Well, I am hooking not too bad with my knight. Would maybe earn more money on the street with a better vessel. I may want to skill this tree. :)

On a serious note, I am really curious about exploration skill tree, but it will come later. So I guess a safe bet would be to start with the combat first, then check the crafts second, and exploration third. Basically to follow their release and being up to date.

Maybe I'm being stupid. I can't find an overall, or even partial list anywhere of they types of crafting professions, short of brief comments on mason, smith, woodworker.

Where can I find this?

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

I am undecided until more information regarding Training.

Currently it looks like you will be looking at roughly 2 months training (short estimate) for each Crafting Tree.

Harvesting tree is far more complex and you will be looking at rough 6 months (short estimate) for each harvest type. 

I know these estimates are on the low end (Harvest is padded a bit more) as I figured the time based on Tier 1 training time which is roughly 3 days.

Well, I am hooking not too bad with my knight. Would maybe earn more money on the street with a better vessel. I may want to skill this tree. :)

On a serious note, I am really curious about exploration skill tree, but it will come later. So I guess a safe bet would be to start with the combat first, then check the crafts second, and exploration third. Basically to follow their release and being up to date.

Honestly since in the beggining we will all be basically the same, i think gaining some ultility instead of combat power would be better. Other reason being the archetype trees are mainly combat oriented so you wont be behind (as much).