Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quurk

Not sure how I feel about Crowfall

the annoying issue is to see naked players running around and waiting for an opportunity to loot ur gear on death , rage quit . delete game , gg

I don't think garrison and outpost will spawn fighting NPCs (even tho it could be an idea for some campaigns). 

They will, but defensive ones.

There was a Q&A where Todd talked about town rules being able to configure KOS rules for thrall guards that hung out around towers.

I suspect the range of these guards will be rather short, or contained within defensive structures, and not free roaming aggressors.

Then again, how EKs work into all this is a bit strange as well. Not sure why a spirit/Crow would need its own kingdom, nor trade goods and whatever else. Gods don't provide provisions? Why are we fighting for them? Why aren't we just flying through the universe with our Crow pals on permanent vacation?

I think that comes in the form of the "taxes" we need to pay on our parcels.  We go harvest from the worlds, and the gods get the "taxes" to power them or whatever.

Could be they go far enough with the economy to figure out what every item is "worth" in dust, and then sacrificing the item to the gods is the same as paying them taxes.

Taxes=Prayers/sacrifice.

I think that comes in the form of the "taxes" we need to pay on our parcels.  We go harvest from the worlds, and the gods get the "taxes" to power them or whatever.

Could be they go far enough with the economy to figure out what every item is "worth" in dust, and then sacrificing the item to the gods is the same as paying them taxes.

Taxes=Prayers/sacrifice.

Seems like we get the short end of the stick in the deal. Guess I was just poking fun at how the lore and mechanics don't make much sense to me. Spirits that can be at multiple places at once (EK/CWs), get increased stats as time goes on (ghosts work out?), and the general reasoning of why a spirit would need/want a home, trade, craft armor for their host, die over and over just to keep the cycle going, and so on. What's the alternative to fighting for the gods? Stop existing? Run down shack and shabby EK?

Edited by APE

I think we have always supposed to be the guys with the short end of the stick.

That's supposed to be us speaking right or no?

Every death we remember less, except where our EK is, why we want cool stuff on the walls, our guildmates, how much junk is in our magic bank account, our training.

Almost seems like resetting training every match would make sense...

That's supposed to be us speaking right or no?

Every death we remember less, except where our EK is, why we want cool stuff on the walls, our guildmates, how much junk is in our magic bank account, our training.

Almost seems like resetting training every match would make sense...

Welp, if you ever look at my comment history, I would actually support that to some degree.

If training was sped up so that a single profession could be trained to completion by the start of campaign winter, however long that took, then yea match specific training would be interesting.

I actually like basics of the idea put forward by ...th3gatekeeper (Sorry if I miss assign original idea, I can't locate the specific post right now), to claw back some in campaign training to the EK the same way embargo lets you transfer items, and then that training leaked into campaign worlds to a lesser degree, say all skills below tier 6, I think that would be an interesting approach.

But I do like the idea that in one world I'm a great crafter, another a master harvester, the next a dedicated swords man, all from one account.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

But I do like the idea that in one world I'm a great crafter, another a master harvester, the next a dedicated swords man, all from one account.

Would be nice, but looks like multiple accounts are required to not be stuck with one way to play for extended periods of time or be left behind if you choose to switch it up.

Crossing my fingers they offer respecs and catch ups rather quickly. Only way they'll get more money out of me.