Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andre369

It Is Pre Alpha, But Then Again Most Of The Time Things Dont Drastically Change

You can come and slaughter me for alpha and what not. But most of the time when you see the first ingame style of a game, it tends to stay somewhat the same over all.

I am critical to the way the game world will look and play like from looking at this screenshot. It reminds me of what Guild Wars 1 looked like. Best game I have played, but in 2015 it is clunky as hell. 

Just my concern about the game world, if these things will be a recurring thing throughout the game world.

Any way, I know this might change and all. But then again, most games tend to stick close to what initially released. Does not necessarily have to be a bad thing.

nFoB4vc.jpg

Flat ground? We want hills and stuff in town? Or are you talking about the rocks not having enough depth to them?

Being a siege/conquer game, maybe it is done like that for defensive purposes rather than realistic looking? I don't know, have to see it in game to be honest.

Edited by sarin

Also it appears the centaur is in some sort of settlement, wouldn't it make sense that the ground is somewhat flat?  I mean I know there and structures built on hills and such but for the most part flat is good.  Unless they wish to do the whole leaning tower thing.

Between dreams and reality.

Lantern Watch

It is the start of the game. They are planning it. 3d Meshes to change depth can be added over time.... Brick can be extended off the ground easily...

I feel like the area you pointed out is a thatched roof, and not a hill or any such geographical element that would indeed look strange inside a developed city. Further more, since thatching was far from a perfect technology it was often employed in a steep manner to induce a faster shed. So if you are critiquing the historical accuracy of the roof, you are mistaken. If on the of hand you believe it to be a hill, I recommend a new monitor or increasing the resolution of the one you currently own.

Crowfall: The Official Game of

crowfallwiki.com

I feel like the area you pointed out is a thatched roof, and not a hill or any such geographical element that would indeed look strange inside a developed city. Further more, since thatching was far from a perfect technology it was often employed in a steep manner to induce a faster shed. So if you are critiquing the historical accuracy of the roof, you are mistaken. If on the of hand you believe it to be a hill, I recommend a new monitor or increasing the resolution of the one you currently own.

39876-The-Rock-applauds-applause-cla-OmW

b7xcsz.jpg

Well, flat surfaces like on that wall are in this stage of development are completely normal. They have to test out a lot of things, and they just do not have the time for that details yet. Completion of the world's parts and how to they react to actions is the first priority by my guess.

I also guess creating and fine-tuning the characters / armours, weapons taking a lot of time, around 70% of the 3D guys, because those are the most important. I mean, who does not like to check his / her character how bad ass is he / she looking? I do like.

So flat wall might be stay for a while. However check the details of the centaur, his armour, shield and weapon. I find it really promising. Don't forget the waste amount of different armours and weapons they have to create, and there is the per race and gender basis. You can win MMO ppl. with this kind of a stuff.

(I am strictly talking here only about cosmetics and look & feel.)

OIW34IY.png

MA topics for recruitment.

I do sort of know what he means, but at the same time - we need to see the game run, how the animations look and feel, before we can judge it.

I felt the background looked a little simple too, although I did like the feel of it.

Having said that, this is pre-Alpha which means we're a little far off judging yet. We don't even know if this is a screen from a build three months ago, or yesterday.

We're kind of seeing some general information starving at the moment, people are trying to 'find waldo' everywhere and sometimes it's just some other guy in a striped shirt and berret.

MfvPvbo.gif2hzs6zt.jpg

This made me laugh :D

On topic though, I've found that a lot of games in pre-Alpha can actually change quite substantially. Now, if this were late Beta, you're concerns, as...strangely specific as they are, might have some weight to them.

I also like to judge the game by its graphics coz i just cant play a game with bad graphics.I can determine if the gameplay is any good once im in but for the firsth impression I look at the graphics.

However since this is alpha i think the games graphics will be amazing on release :)

Gameplay > graphics.

Performance on low end machines > All

if you want the game to have any sort of success that is.

besides, the graphics and art look great to me, a little too great actually..I can already tell this is gonna be a low FPS game...like Wildstar.