Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Murder of Crows: Max Lancaster - Official Discussion Thread

Associate Producer Max Lancaster is the subject of this Murder of Crows segment.

FULL STORY

(We realized that the "Five-Minute AMA" format was really a mini-Murder of Crows, so that's what it became. In case you feel cheated, throw some questions below and I'll do my best to answer them.)

Max Lancaster, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @crowfallgame | Like us on Facebook

No crowfall answers provided!  

Funny video though.  Could have used more rebuffs from the Art team.

Yeah, that's why we felt the "AMA" title was misleading. It was intended to be biographical.

Updated Play Test schedule shows that we will most likely have Big World testing starting next Friday running through Saturday, but no mention of that in weekly update? 

They never talked much about the first test of every new milestones and started advertising it a bit later when more people can join in.

1459889836-gein-william.png

Of the 13 Archetypes, which one do you think looks the most badass, which one are you most hyped about seeing in-game, which one are you most likely going to main, and which one would you like for ACE to work on next  :ph34r:

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

i've worked in Production roles for software development - we are the glue that binds (and nags)

also Melissa should handle all derailed threads or bad PR in her unique charming manner!

also i figured you guys would do this but you didn't so

SPOILER:

FIRST PRE ALPHA 1 TEST IS UP IN CALENDAR 24 HOUR FRIDAY 28TH TO SATURDAY 29TH

@MAX did you see or back the kickstarter or only stumble into working via gordon connection rather than knowing the game beforehand?

Edited by Tinnis

Hi Max!

What aspect of the game is most exiting for you as a player?

What aspect is most exciting for you as a developer?

What gave you the greatest thrill so far and generally what has been your biggest *aha!* moment so far?

Give us an inside peek please! What is the most difficult thing the devs are dealing with currently (Its ok to say cranky fans!). What is your biggest challenge as a developer?

Do you see Crowfall in your dreams sometimes? (I do! Its OK!! I don't think its mental at all!!! *twitch*).

Do you have any regrets about the development - like is there something you really wished for that won't be put in? Are there any holy grails you absolutely *need* to see included that the other devs are sceptical to?

Is there any part that is just *all you* that you're really proud of?

Are there going to be any easter eggs in the game (like a secret character or a place or a thing) that only you are going to know about? (This is totally what I would do by the way: Scatter my soul through the whole game in all the secret places).

You dont have to answer all of these of course :) (Your smile is like Frodo).

Edited by Deloria

www.CrowfallRP.com

Disclaimer: My RP with you might become a public story: https://soundcloud.com/shiv-mahon

Question:  How many diamond and bloodstone backers are there?  Pre-alpha1 is diamond and bloodstone only.  That seems like a tiny amount of testers.

don't worry it will be a thrilling 10 person match where everyone is burrow stealthed in a 5km by 5km map!

Edited by Tinnis

don't worry it will be a thrilling 10 person match where everyone is burrow stealthed in a 5km by 5km map!

It's not about the size, mate.... It's how you use it!

There is a lot more to test now. Our nerd boners are standing at attention.

Also @Max, You are very pretty... will you be my friend? Us beautiful people need to stick together :D

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Question:  How many diamond and bloodstone backers are there?  Pre-alpha1 is diamond and bloodstone only.  That seems like a tiny amount of testers.

All testing has been considered "Pre-Alpha" but that has not stopped them from allowing players who did not even have Alpha access to play. I'd wager that as long as you have at least an Amber package you will get into the upcoming test next weekend.

All testing has been considered "Pre-Alpha" but that has not stopped them from allowing players who did not even have Alpha access to play. I'd wager that as long as you have at least an Amber package you will get into the upcoming test next weekend.

They usually phase in the testers by access level, though. The very first test of this new phase may well be Pre-Alpha 1 testers only.

5. WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR INVITING PLAYTESTERS?

IhhQKY6.gif

What made you initially (and what makes you now after some time and experiences) believe into crowfall? :)

More than anything, the team. Seriously. Veteran leaders who know what the heck they're doing and a talented cast that's easy to work with.

As for the idea of Crowfall: who doesn't want to break the WoW mold and bring MMOs in a different direction? As someone who was never a huge fan of tab-targeting and was very disappointed when SWTOR delivered a traditional MMO combat system, I was sold on the Crowfall pitch from day one. Now that I know more about ACE's internal operations, I'm even more confident we're going to deliver an excellent product.