Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders' Update: Big World Testing - Official Discussion Thread

MiracleMax

I'm not particularly complaining or questioning the choices made >1 year ago, but the timing of when different Beta players get in seems a bit... off?

Considering you said that Beta 1 hopefully gets in in December (which then, might or might not happen), and no mention whatsoever of Beta 2 access... (which counts for >50% of the playerbase, according to extrapolated Kickstarter statistics)

See, from the Kickstarter, one could presume that you expected to get far enough to allow Beta 2 in by December, which is now a gray area for even Beta 1.

I understand there's been delays (and as a 30$ backer, I did indeed sign up for a full, although not complete, game experience, so I don't want to get in like... right now anyways), but with such massive gaps between testing tiers, where Beta 2 will probably get access by summer 2017, it just feels like Beta 3, 4, 5 and however many other there were that were one of the earliest to sign up for this experience and were promised access, won't really get it before it's time for Open Beta?

Again, it seems that, percentually, the amount of people you are letting in seems in accordance to the state the game is in, but I feel just a tiny bit cheated by how close my "early" access is to Open Beta.

I'm not particularly complaining or questioning the choices made >1 year ago, but the timing of when different Beta players get in seems a bit... off?

Considering you said that Beta 1 hopefully gets in in December (which then, might or might not happen), and no mention whatsoever of Beta 2 access... (which counts for >50% of the playerbase, according to extrapolated Kickstarter statistics)

See, from the Kickstarter, one could presume that you expected to get far enough to allow Beta 2 in by December, which is now a gray area for even Beta 1.

I understand there's been delays (and as a 30$ backer, I did indeed sign up for a full, although not complete, game experience, so I don't want to get in like... right now anyways), but with such massive gaps between testing tiers, where Beta 2 will probably get access by summer 2017, it just feels like Beta 3, 4, 5 and however many other there were that were one of the earliest to sign up for this experience and were promised access, won't really get it before it's time for Open Beta?

Again, it seems that, percentually, the amount of people you are letting in seems in accordance to the state the game is in, but I feel just a tiny bit cheated by how close my "early" access is to Open Beta.

You'll cry even harder when they let you in and you're repeatedly ganked.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

pPDtghm.gif

"Such a nasty woman." -- Darth Cheeto

I love this woman... The words that come outta her mouth are more filthy than my search history.

Anyway back on topic, finally a true sandbox, a bunch of players tossed onto a map with some terrain, and told to entertain themselves.

Edited by corvax

Corvax, as your HR rep for -W- m gonna have to ask you to limit your title VII violations to only the -W- ladies.

:P

I kid. Carry on with the flirty appreciation for colorful and feminine word play. The world secretly agrees with you.

Edited by coolwaters

I love this woman... The words that come outta her mouth are more filthy than my search history.

Anyway back on topic, finally a true sandbox, a bunch of players tossed onto a map with some terrain, and told to entertain themselves.

Well a true sandbox wouldn't have rails like group protection.  But this is only a developmental phase so one shouldn't worry about such things too much.  It would be like freaking out about archetype balance right now.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

New version, Big World, is about to drop. It’s going to have a LOT of new features, BUT we also expect it to be a blood bath. So if you aren’t one of our hard-core players, you might want to wait for the next version.

vampire_shimmer_by_uotapo-d977br7.jpg

Looking forward to the bath .....

Edited by Count_Dirkoff
o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

Well a true sandbox wouldn't have rails like group protection.  But this is only a developmental phase so one shouldn't worry about such things too much.  It would be like freaking out about archetype balance right now.

Your avatars hair is a bird.

photo-thumb-22055.jpg?_r=1433220173

To be honest i'm excited :D I've been waiting for beta1 for some time now , and now hearing it's without factions full fledged PvP is a honey for my ears. 
So Duelist will be available in the test huh? It is indeed nice to know since my friend wants to play this archetype.

Edited by Sadrax

\[T]/ PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/

Pretty sure that plan has been delayed and what they're doing now is still considered "pre-alpha." So the Pre-Alpha 1&2 groups are getting exactly what they were promised, and all the Alpha/Beta groups are getting a free bonus if/when they do get in, they were never promised any pre-alpha access. If all goes according to plan, there will still be an alpha, then a closed beta, then an open beta before live release.

Edited by Avloren