Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miltenacious

Really discouraged from making anymore Crowfall-related videos

Ever since I've uploaded footage I've collected back in September, I've received the least favorable views from my Crowfall videos. Take a look here:

98oC6wI.jpg

7sVaose.jpg

When I replied to those negative comments that apparently received some support, I replied with mixed feelings. I understand that, on my part, it's rather unprofessional, but I take incredible passion and pride to producing the content I roll out on my channel. I just don't really get how I'm getting this kind of treatment on whatever Crowfall videos I do, and it's only still pre-alpha!

Haters be hating, but it gets to a point where my patience just runs out for these nincompoops that their insolence just tramples all over me. When I come across other channels with Crowfall videos, it seems like I'm just amongst a few to receive this kinda negative treatment. What do you guys think? (if this is in the wrong forum, please move it, thank you)

xEaNvuV.png

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

My point is, between those two great Mark Twain quotes, that you should keep doing what you like, even against the wind. Eventually, the negative persons will get bored and go away, and the good ones will be interested and stay around.

i've had a few idiots here and there

youtube comment section is the cesspit of humanity

don't engage with non constructive comments

set your channel default (and all old videos) to approved comments only

p.s. you can also auto block specific peoples comments if they are repeat annoyers :)

done

p.s. with regards your videos: editing is also key - don't include loading screens or lobbies.

frankly cutting down the boring bits help too - both for rendering and upload times along with viewer experience

edit videos down into engaging player vs player fights rather than running around a whole match.

if you do whole matches, seperate them out.

say PRE ALPHA in big letters in your video description

i like quirky video names myself! :)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Miltenacious, you keep doing what you are doing. :D   "The path to greatness always finds it's way through a lot of mud . . ."

I'm being serious.  I'm a passionate wood-turner.  Richard Raffan is one of the GREATS.  One of the few fellows in the world who managed to get somewhat past the "starving artist" thing.  World known, teaches, has pieces in major collections, videos, etc.

And when I was new to turning, the LAST page of one of his books was the most important page to me in that entire thing.  The whole book, projects, how to use your tools, shape, forms, different woods, techniques, how to practise . . . ALL OF IT PALED against that single . . . last . . . page.  (remember, Richard Raffan, accomplished and famous):

1/2 page photo of a PILE of busted bowls, lidded containers, and projects he had "oopsies" on, with the CAPTION:

"If you don't have any of these, you aren't Turning" - Richard Raffan

KEEP ON . . . if it's trunly an  interest of yours! :D  VikingNail makes a good point:  Game itself probably doesn't have a "big following" yet yet.

(because other people's opinion isn't necessarily a gage of your work.  You listen, self-critique is a key aspect of improvement and a mind-set to develop, but others aren't always "right".  And every production simply a cobblestone on your road down a path)

Enjoy what you do.  Love it.  Let it carry you forward.

(props to Tinnis for constructive / practical hands-on advice to consider.  Good stuff)

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Those are some pretty spicy opinions, my dude.
I think the first thing is to not let everything get under your skin. The internet is a big place with a lot of people with different opinions and you're bound to run into people looking to show you exactly that.
You had a pretty volatile reaction to a single line. Way too worked up over literally nothing.
You COULD disable ratings and make comments approval only, but I think that does more harm than good. I honestly look at content less favorably if it has either of those things, because it makes it seem like you have no confidence in the video itself or content of the video. But that's just me.
Not that I'm some paragon of quality content, I just do what I please for fun.

231e101d88.jpg

So, someone says they don't like the game, your respond to their comment with a hissy fit, then cry about it on here. Got it. 

The only thing bad about those comments is how cringe inducing your response to them is. Time to thicken that skin. 

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I get naysayers too.

30454009576_e56162e85f_o.png

30490593295_aaa0d81149_o.png

I really don't mind it; as a matter of fact, thanks to my time playing TERA and uploading videos for that player base, I take Thumbs Down and negative comments as almost-compliments.

Also, yes, that is a compliment from JamesGoblin.  B)

Edited by mrmoneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

niche game with pre alpha footage and alot of poorly made socks eaters 17 years old.

also haters =) I got some why perma dislikes my "memory' vide but don't care. relax and take a break or make better content

Meh, the rubber band responses he and some of us are hitting back with are, on the other side of the spectrum, fanboyism. Of course it's alpha, but that doesn't change the fact that they're currently correct either. Despite what the game should be at release it's not there yet and there have been many games that have simply never made it beyond their larval stage.

I personally feel Crowfall will be successful and will continue to grow. I'm just saying that you can't blame people for being cynical, especially in this day and age. Personally I also think that showing players footage during such an early stage is kind of shooting yourself in the foot, but I wouldn't worry about it. FFXIV proved to the world that people are wonderful and if something ends up being good no matter what its history they themselves will do a 180 so damn fast you'll never even notice it.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

Yeap, Haters gunna hate.  If you can't take negative comments, maybe you should turn off comments.

I get the occasional negative comment on my videos, but just ignore them, or respond with what you know about the state of the game without being condescending. Being polite goes a long way.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Thanks, guys. I understand that it was incredibly unnecessary for me to get worked up over these toxic comments, so I am going to go thicken my skin a bit to better myself as a gamer and content creator altogether.

That being said, for the future, I will now adjust the settings of my Crowfall videos to have no ratings and approve any comments that come my way. Now I know to better prepare myself next time for whatever comes crawling out of YouTube's cynical corner.

xEaNvuV.png