Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miltenacious

Really discouraged from making anymore Crowfall-related videos

Nice to see that, looking forward for videos!

Just keep in mind, if you do something and put it on the internet there will be mean comments. To actually contribute something like your videos or any content takes time and effort, but to post a hateful comment diminishing it takes literally 5 seconds. People will do it, weather they mean what they say or not, this is how the internet works. So, if you stop doing something because of mean comments on the internet, then you will never do anything. Focus on your craft, and constantly ask yourself (not others) why you are doing what you are doing and if it is worth your time. Only stop when you have good reasons for it, mean comments are never a reason.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

I get similar comments on my videos. As a guy with 3,000+ videos I can tell you that you'll get those types of comments no matter what game you play. However Crowfall is very early on and doesn't have an NDA like most games do at this point. I think no NDA was definitely the right call (especially from a content creator perspective).

Despite having a lot of success with my guild in Hunger Dome it is REALLY LAME! Many viewers are looking at what Crowfall is and not what it's actually going to be. Right now Crowfall functions as a MOBA and not the crazy PvP sandbox MMO that we all want. This is getting ready to change here shortly but the game is still going to be pretty bare-bones.

I've been making Crowfall videos pretty irregularly and just talking about upcoming stuff rather than focusing too much on the Hunger Dome itself.

I had a friend who trashed Crowfall's art style early on.  What cracks me up is is now says he likes how it's developed, and it's got a really good aesthetic.  The artwork hasn't changed...

Thanks, guys. I understand that it was incredibly unnecessary for me to get worked up over these toxic comments, so I am going to go thicken my skin a bit to better myself as a gamer and content creator altogether.

That being said, for the future, I will now adjust the settings of my Crowfall videos to have no ratings and approve any comments that come my way. Now I know to better prepare myself next time for whatever comes crawling out of YouTube's cynical corner.

Glad to hear you're going to stick with it. As others have said, you shouldn't stop doing what you enjoy because some trolls are doing what trolls do. Our own rule of thumb is "Respond only to what you want more of," so scroll past the negatives (which can be much harder than it sounds) and reply only to comments that legitimately deserve a response. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Ever since I've uploaded footage I've collected back in September, I've received the least favorable views from my Crowfall videos. Take a look here:

Why on Earth would you be discouraged? These are EXACTLY the kind of idiots I can't stand in game anymore. These round of WoW-era MMOs are so chock full of people without the least bit of common sense that any gaming experience in these worlds are quickly overshadowed by wishing I had a delete button.

If at any point Crowfall starts bringing these people in and catering to them, I'm just done with online gaming. Because I seriously can not handle what those games have to offer anymore. Seriously can't handle schizophrenic game designs that rewards people for not even trying, protects them behind faction, and just forces group play with a bunch of people that can't handle the most simple concepts of objective based PvP.

No joke I've seen the same like 5 to 7 people go around and dislike/post negative comments on Crowfall videos. I think CF will be the go to game for open world PvP on release. Until then, h8rs gonna h8 m8.