Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowfall Live! Oct 27 - Harvesting & Crafting + Duelist animation

Hey all,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Blair's original stream will be recoverable.

Early next week, we will release a new video of Blair showcasing the crafting system for those who missed the Crowfall Live! session (or for those who want to review its content).

Thanks again to those who tuned in! And to those who were unable to watch, fear not-- you will get the dose of crafting that you crave.

Eric Doggett's duelist animation stream will also be up on YouTube this afternoon (it's getting a slight polish pass from our video producer).

Thank-you for this <3

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

"we are transferring both videos to youtube today" - An Optimistic Crow

Stupid jokes aside, +1 on the "extended" directors cut.  Even though I was late to Thomas' stream, what I saw was freaking cool to see from the viewpoint of a youngin' who never played SWG or Shadowbane.  The only crafting systems I was exposed to in MMOs was the same ones that I think we've all mostly agreed is pretty wasteful (resources based on zones/levels, never used again after moving to next range).

Eric Doggett's duelist animation stream will also be up on YouTube this afternoon (it's getting a slight polish pass from our video producer).

Duelist with a Giant Hat, and hiding in it as a stealth mechanic confirmed?  :3

<BOT> Wabice, a.k.a. Florida Man, a.k.a. JOHN CENA, a.k.a. Heid D'Salaami, a.k.a. ...

Florida Man Wins Hunger Dome Match.  Performs Victory Fire Dance.  Dies.

I hate video soooo much.  What happened to reading and writing.  Are we not doing that anymore?  Video is for youngerns and lazybeams.  Where is my text wall recap????

I really enjoyed both the live streams on Twitch. I especially enjoyed the 1st one about the crafting. I keep hoping to share it with my guildies, but so far it seems to be broken :(

I was surprised how much I enjoyed watching the second stream and it made me want to mess around with animation a bit myself! 

Thank you so much for making yourselves available to show us so much about crafting and some of what it takes to get the game ready from an animators point of view. I know I asked a lot of questions that day (I am Tirtziti, by the way) and you guys were absolutely wonderful in answering them well!

Thanks!

dragon_crossguard_small.png

I hate video soooo much.  What happened to reading and writing.  Are we not doing that anymore?  Video is for youngerns and lazybeams.  Where is my text wall recap????

If you like wall of texts, you should check out some of mine (other platforms) lol. I am regularly teased for my wordy posts from my guild :P

On a more serious note, everyone has a learning style and while I have no problem writing a ton of words and even enjoy it, I simply learn best either doing it myself or watching it being done. So, I happen to love the videos :)

dragon_crossguard_small.png

Ranger - only Class to need consumables (arrows) to be allowed to use an entire ability bar.
Duelist - used a gun which need no consumables.

The Ranger needs a looking at - far too many issues with this Class.

To name a few :
- Consumables - Only Class forces to go a certain crafting rute - or risk being stück in melee without being able to recover their power cause they have no arrows for ranged bar.
- Hitbox and clumsy feel of arrows - Uncompromising system for shooting an arrow which feels clumsy and unrewarding.
- Unadjusted numbers compared to other classes - Just numbers and easily adjusted, but if they arent who will run a ranger and test it? A rare few is my guess....

And so on :/

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

The response we received from Twitch was that the problem we had is a known issue. There was no way to recover the video from the livestream. Blair shot a new video today of all the content he covered during the livestream and we'll be releasing that as one of our updates this week. We're also looking into options that will prevent this sort of thing from happening again in the future. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

The response we received from Twitch was that the problem we had is a known issue. There was no way to recover the video from the livestream. Blair shot a new video today of all the content he covered during the livestream and we'll be releasing that as one of our updates this week. We're also looking into options that will prevent this sort of thing from happening again in the future. 

The easiest option is to simply use OBS to live stream and there is a button that says "record". You do both (live stream and record) at the same time.

MOkvLlm.png

Early next week, we will release a new video of Blair showcasing the crafting system for those who missed the Crowfall Live! session (or for those who want to review its content).

Thank you very much MiracleMax & Blair for putting the extra time in to keep us informed despite of issues that were beyond your control.