Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Opportunity knocks...

Many of you have been around since the Kickstarter. The crafting forum has had it's fair share of growing pains but, we have a strong few that are vocal about the importance of crafting. If you've followed my posts in the last 1.5 years and you want to contribute to some of the projects that I've been working on, such as the Crafting Master List, Breaking the Rune Code and the statistical breakdown of everything related to Crowfall, now is your chance.

I'm looking for like-minded economists, crafters and harvesters to join my team for the big world testing. I'm looking mainly for people who can commit to joining the guild I represent but, for a select few who are already in guilds, I'm also looking for potential allies who are interested in teaming up.

I'm putting this message here instead of in a recruitment thread because the scope of what's being worked on reaches outside of the game world and I need to find quality people.

Please PM me here on the forums if you're interested. There will be a short interview and vetting process due to the nature of guild data.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

Nobody has to commit to anything right now. I'm generally looking for people who want to help me dig into some testing but, just so you know ahead of time the information I'm compiling might be restricted in some cases. If you decided to join the guild you'd have full access to it. Most of the generic stuff will be shared with the community but, the juicy stuff I might be keeping for myself!

Nobody has to commit to anything right now. I'm generally looking for people who want to help me dig into some testing but, just so you know ahead of time the information I'm compiling might be restricted in some cases. If you decided to join the guild you'd have full access to it. Most of the generic stuff will be shared with the community but, the juicy stuff I might be keeping for myself!

Well, I'm interested so you can go ahead and PM me your vetting thing. It'd probably be more fun running with a group than solo roaming anyway. :)

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Well, I'm interested so you can go ahead and PM me your vetting thing. It'd probably be more fun running with a group than solo roaming anyway. :)

Feel free to look up Winterblades in the Big Worlds if you are LFG.  Actual no pressure on committing early, rather than carrots and sticks to try to get you to join asap.  Nor is there any hoarding of information or being grist in someone elses machine.

Besides, Tinnis (or someone else... most likely Tinnis) will publish all the crafting recipes, gathering and economic information as it releases.

____

EDIT: If you're Euro join Caldera (Tinnis), other than that Winterblades and Sugoi are so far the only active testing communities.  We will see if BW changes that.

Edited by angelmar

Well I presume you need to be a tester first.

And If I am not mistake that is tide to how much money you've invested into the game, I'm not entirely clear on how that works.

Thing is that I am fence sitting in a major way atm.  I'm waiting to see if Artcraft have any intention on actually making crafting engaging from a moment to moment gameplay perspective, not merely in a metagaming sense.

And until they commit to the idea, I have no intention of giving them anymore of my money.

I've seen far too many sandboxes do what they are doing right now, where it's all about combat and nothing else, and it always ends up being mediocre with nothing else to do.  I've had enough of boring crafting systems, I want to be engaged.

And if their not going to do it, I'll look elsewhere. (like Camelot Unchained perhaps)

If they do commit, then I would be happy to test it thoroughly.

Well I presume you need to be a tester first.

And If I am not mistake that is tide to how much money you've invested into the game, I'm not entirely clear on how that works.

Thing is that I am fence sitting in a major way atm.  I'm waiting to see if Artcraft have any intention on actually making crafting engaging from a moment to moment gameplay perspective, not merely in a metagaming sense.

And until they commit to the idea, I have no intention of giving them anymore of my money.

I've seen far too many sandboxes do what they are doing right now, where it's all about combat and nothing else, and it always ends up being mediocre with nothing else to do.  I've had enough of boring crafting systems, I want to be engaged.

And if their not going to do it, I'll look elsewhere. (like Camelot Unchained perhaps)

If they do commit, then I would be happy to test it thoroughly.

yeah i think it will be like SWG thus be entertaining

my gripe is the SLOW advancement, you can only train ONE crafting/harvesting skills at a time

combat folks can train FOUR combat skills at a time

which leads to your fear of combat oriented focus

now if forgemaster has crafting skills down in the archetype trees then i can see that being the "full-time" crafter arcetype, but i'm kinda meh about playing dwarf/dwarf-looking avatars

#crafterlivesmatter