Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Duelist Promotions

coolster50

Is that what a Dirge is? A bard?

Dirge was a bard class in EQ2 (and EQ?)

The actual meaning of a dirge is like song of/for the dead.

dirge
dərj/
noun
noun: dirge; plural noun: dirges
  1. a lament for the dead, especially one forming part of a funeral rite.
    synonyms: elegy, lament, burial hymn, threnody, requiem, funeral march;
    "a lone bagpiper played the woeful dirge"
    • a mournful song, piece of music, or poem.
      "singers chanted dirges"
Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Dirge was a bard class in EQ2 (and EQ?)

The actual meaning of a dirge is like song of/for the dead.

dirge
dərj/
noun
noun: dirge; plural noun: dirges
  1. a lament for the dead, especially one forming part of a funeral rite.
    synonyms: elegy, lament, burial hymn, threnody, requiem, funeral march;
    "a lone bagpiper played the woeful dirge"
    • a mournful song, piece of music, or poem.
      "singers chanted dirges"

Yeah, I looked up what Dirge meant, and I didn't understand it, but in the context of a bard, it donned on me.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

They were def very fun to play in EQ2, the dirge was more melee support, whereas the troub(adour), was primarily caster friendly.

However, having said that - the joy of mezzing a target, popping your temps and unloading ... *ponders EQ2*, pretty sure they removed all the OWPVP, a while back :-(

They were def very fun to play in EQ2, the dirge was more melee support, whereas the troub(adour), was primarily caster friendly.

However, having said that - the joy of mezzing a target, popping your temps and unloading ... *ponders EQ2*, pretty sure they removed all the OWPVP, a while back :-(

Troub > Dirge ^^ Mage groups FTW!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Very interesting. Someone was commenting elsewhere that their was a lack of support archetypes compared to other roles. Perhaps this is their solution?

I could see promotion archetypes being used to fill in the gaps in terms of role-filling players will need. It allows people to stay focused on their favorite archetype, but branch out to fill other needs as they arise.

Dirge sounds like it would fill that support role quite well, just by nature of how its been implemented in other games.

Likewise, I could see Slayer being a more DPS focused class, dropping stealth in favor of more direct damage styled attacks (or perhaps just more melee styled attacks in general).

So? No falconer?  :)

That's probably going to be a Discipline Rune. But for Duelist, the bird would probably try to eat him, or be large enough for him to ride on (flying mount!!!).

• 3 weeks later...