Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazzen

Quick Big World Test Video

I think the environment is starting to look very nice, and the harvesting seems Wildstar inspired (which is a good thing-we just need a vacuum loot).  Thank you for the video.

I'm starting to think that running over the 'doobers' (god, I hate that word) is going to get old very fast.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

How does this work with the desire to allow people to steal others' loot? All characters have a gravity vacuum?

Not sure how it is supposed to work or have a suggestion otherwise, Wildstar had a vacuum loot button, but i don't know if that is the right answer either. 

The way is see CF and CWs working is a game of attrition, resource gathering and denial.  Basically, the whole game revolves around people running picking stuff after the harvesting is done.  There will be TONS of people having to go out and do this over and over for hours.  While i LOVE the idea of taking peoples mats they have harvested before putting a boot in their ass, i just don't like the idea of having to run in a circle to pick up the mats before moving on to the next node.

I need to get in there to get a feel for it, but it looks like it will get ridiculous pretty fast.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I need to get in there to get a feel for it, but it looks like it will get ridiculous pretty fast.

Yeah agreed. I think from a quality of life standpoint, stealing resources on the ground after harvesting will be pretty rare, relative to stealing resources after killing someone with them. So a vacuum seems to make sense to me, too.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Blazzen you are a Tyrannosaur at hitting with the Myrmidon Net, great job! Also, thanks for the vid, will pass it on to the team as I saw about 100 things that could use polish in those 6 minutes.

As for harvesting vacuuming, there are pros and cons. On one hand it means no one can stealth snipe the doobers (boo) , on the other hand it is more convenient and speeds up harvesting. However, do we really want to speed up the harvesting process which ultimately puts players in risky areas for longer periods of time? These are the kind of feature you need to really watch out for, sure it makes things easier, but it doing so has the potentially to really mess with the bigger picture.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

As for harvesting vacuuming, there are pros and cons. On one hand it means no one can stealth snipe the doobers (boo) , on the other hand it is more convenient and speeds up harvesting. However, do we really want to speed up the harvesting process which ultimately puts players in risky areas for longer periods of time? These are the kind of feature you need to really watch out for, sure it makes things easier, but it doing so has the potentially to really mess with the bigger picture.

Yeah, it might be one of those things that needs to be tested or monitored as things go on.  Do people actually take things in stealth snipe [probably]? Is it really that much longer (accumulating little "extra" times), and is it worth people being out there longer if it's a frustrating/tedious reason? I totally get it, but sometimes mitigating that frustration is worth it.

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Yeah, it might be one of those things that needs to be tested or monitored as things go on.  Do people actually take things in stealth snipe [probably]? Is it really that much longer (accumulating little "extra" times), and is it worth people being out there longer if it's a frustrating/tedious reason? I totally get it, but sometimes mitigating that frustration is worth it.

^ this

YouTube Channel

Hmm, I dunno. It doesn't seem too tedious to pick up doobers, especially when you need to waste time to recharge your stamina, but it would make collecting mats easier. Though, stealing mats without a fight would become pretty much impossible. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Blazzen you are a Tyrannosaur at hitting with the Myrmidon Net, great job! Also, thanks for the vid, will pass it on to the team as I saw about 100 things that could use polish in those 6 minutes.

The net I'm good at because it works like a standard FPS type of aim/attack however the melee attacks with root motion i am god awful. I really am starting to think this root motion should be abandoned for a split body approach where your bottom half moves with wasd and top half swings and aims with the mouse. Root motion just has never felt right. Combat feel is more important than animation looks imo so I'm fine if split body doesn't look quite as good as long as it feels better.

As far as loot vacuum goes don't do that it will make macroing and botting easier which is a bad thing.

Edited by blazzen