Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazzen

Quick Big World Test Video

It is, and so is his point about root motion :)

I like the root motion though :D  I think it needs some changes, but I like it.  Let's not get that conversation going here though ^^

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I thought the doobers made the harvesting more fun. When a green silver ore popped out, I stopped harvesting to grab it and looked around to see if anyone was going to kill me for it  :lol:  I didn't like the out-of-stamina noise though, that kinda ruined my harvesting zen.

tiPrpwh.png

That full screen crafting menu looks obnoxious.  I know ACE has said they're going full screen to accommodate disabilities and not because they want to make a poorly made socksty console port, but cant we get a menu system that accommodates disabilities and also doesn't suck?

Blazzen you are a Tyrannosaur at hitting with the Myrmidon Net, great job! Also, thanks for the vid, will pass it on to the team as I saw about 100 things that could use polish in those 6 minutes.

As for harvesting vacuuming, there are pros and cons. On one hand it means no one can stealth snipe the doobers (boo) , on the other hand it is more convenient and speeds up harvesting. However, do we really want to speed up the harvesting process which ultimately puts players in risky areas for longer periods of time? These are the kind of feature you need to really watch out for, sure it makes things easier, but it doing so has the potentially to really mess with the bigger picture.

How about a higher end vacuuming skill for those really dedicated to harvesting?  This will set apart those really dedicated to the task.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Blazzen you are a Tyrannosaur at hitting with the Myrmidon Net, great job! Also, thanks for the vid, will pass it on to the team as I saw about 100 things that could use polish in those 6 minutes.

As for harvesting vacuuming, there are pros and cons. On one hand it means no one can stealth snipe the doobers (boo) , on the other hand it is more convenient and speeds up harvesting. However, do we really want to speed up the harvesting process which ultimately puts players in risky areas for longer periods of time? These are the kind of feature you need to really watch out for, sure it makes things easier, but it doing so has the potentially to really mess with the bigger picture.

Awesome video. I really love how harvesting looks. Just a small suggestion: what if harvesting speed was tied to harvesting skill? I agree that harvesting should be risky, but how quickly someone can get in and out will be crucial to certain play styles. It would be an acceptable trade off to invest in harvesting if there were skills to speed up the harvesting time. Harvesters who decide to prioritize harvesting skills should have some advantage to counteract standing around like juicy loot pinatas, i.e. bait.

Edited by Mytherceria

hm,

it´s nice to hear no music , I hope there will be a lot of  enviroment sounds, but no music . 

Big World - big like!

PS:

root motion seems to suit better in the big area than the hungerdome

Edited by NchDu

I thought we weren't allowed to stream / put up any public videos of the test? In that case I got at least like 8  hours of video to sort through..  XD

PvP and PvE for was bugged for most people throughout the test.. it was hit or miss.. not bad when you got a handful of actual "testers".. once more people start coming in just to play I can see them getting pretty disgruntled when they can't defend themselves and they lose hours worth of "work" ..  if anything should work I'd hope it'd be combat. Buggy combat: https://youtu.be/HIG5Jdpua9o?t=2m23s

Vacuum loot is a bad idea.. a well placed macro can farm for hours with a vacuum system.. not to mention that people will find ways to exploit it and increase its range, etc.. I hope we don't see it implemented as a pay-to-win item (think Maple Story vacuum hack from back in the day). 

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I thought we weren't allowed to stream / put up any public videos of the test? In that case I got at least like 8  hours of video to sort through..  XD

There's no NDA. So you can do it all you want. ACE may ask you to not stream, but they won't penalize you for doing it. 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

There's no NDA. So you can do it all you want. ACE may ask you to not stream, but they won't penalize you for doing it. 

Pre-Alpha tests have always had an "NDA". I also inquired about streaming prior to the test to confirm. I don't care ether-way.. I don't want to be labeled the "bad guy" over it.. but it doesn't look good to have over a year of hype for the big world test only to have the Pre-Alpha leaked via stream / footage featuring broken combat after a year and a half of "combat testing" ... that's why the Devs ask you not to stream / post public Pre-Alpha footage.

It's been ACE's stance since the beginning.. you got alot of post-store-credit-dupe people who have 2016 Ruby Pre-Alpha access now and don't know the Dev's "NDA" stance for Pre-Alpha tests. Since ACE has always taken a public position of "transparency first" I don't anticipate them sending out take down requests to all the new players with duped Pre-Alpha Access but their request for discretion should still be respected. 

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

That full screen crafting menu looks obnoxious.  I know ACE has said they're going full screen to accommodate disabilities and not because they want to make a poorly made socksty console port, but cant we get a menu system that accommodates disabilities and also doesn't suck?

How does it accommodate disabilities, i dont understand? 60% of the screen is wasted

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

How does it accommodate disabilities, i dont understand? 60% of the screen is wasted

Not to mention it makes you an easy target. I got so paranoid while crafting.. I hope it doesn't stay this way. Give people the ability to scale a window or something imo.. or at least the ability to make their widows transparent. An opacity option for windows will go along way..

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Pre-Alpha tests have always had an "NDA". I also inquired about streaming prior to the test to confirm. I don't care ether-way.. I don't want to be labeled the "bad guy" over it.. but it doesn't look good to have over a year of hype for the big world test only to have the Pre-Alpha leaked via stream / footage featuring broken combat after a year and a half of "combat testing" ... that's why the Devs ask you not to stream / post public Pre-Alpha footage.

It's been ACE's stance since the beginning.. you got alot of post-store-credit-dupe people who have 2016 Ruby Pre-Alpha access now and don't know the Dev's "NDA" stance for Pre-Alpha tests. Since ACE has always taken a public position of "transparency first" I don't anticipate them sending out take down requests to all the new players with duped Pre-Alpha Access but their request for discretion should still be respected.

This video was edited for public consumption before I posted it. I made a separate bug test video from the same footage that is unlisted.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Its better than clicking and waiting for a loot window like other games

Yes, I agree. There still has to be better option.  I don't like running over 'doobers', I don't think vacuum looting is the way to go either, and a pop up window is so 1998. 

I keep pointing out problems and offering no solutions..... I hate people that do that to me at work, so it has to be frustrating to deal with me on this issue as well.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

This video was edited for public consumption before I posted it. I made a separate bug test video from the same footage that is unlisted.

\\ Sorry about that, I didn't know they had that exception.  :rolleyes: \\

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

There aren't a bunch of new players with duped pre-alpha access, if you are so sure there are you should inquire with ACE as to whether that is the case instead of just assuming it is the case. 

Also if ACE had a serious issue with any content players were creating about the game they would say something about it. 

Overall your post has a very negative spin to it when it should actually be celebrating that they are progressing into new milestones that add new elements to the game that overall help it towards a release state. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

There aren't a bunch of new players with duped pre-alpha access, if you are so sure there are you should inquire with ACE as to whether that is the case instead of just assuming it is the case. 

Also if ACE had a serious issue with any content players were creating about the game they would say something about it. 

Overall your post has a very negative spin to it when it should actually be celebrating that they are progressing into new milestones that add new elements to the game that overall help it towards a release state. 

Not only is that negative, sheesh, I am pretty sure 75% of the people on these boards do not quite understand what a Alpha version of a game is.  I came to this conclusion after sifting through thousands of posts last night asking to "change this" and "look at the crappy that" type posts.

^^^This is why they shouldn't allow backers in and use real technical testers in all honesty. The forums just gets over run with real silly uneducated development suggestions and allows everyone the chance to think they are an armchair developer. My 5 Canadian cents.

THE CORRUPT FEAR  | THE HONEST SUPPORT  | THE HEROIC JOIN