Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caenth

Caldera's Crafting Resource (Big World 3.0)

fCGlN3G.png

We made a small effort to document all the crafting recipes from the current test version. We'll try to update this accordingly once we'll receive game client updates. Enjoy! :D

UP2DATE for Big World 3.10

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-fch6RxjRdCYNGBfdbYzNtrnAaXcfXwjXiV4v_witAk/pubhtml#

Edit: Feedback is always appreciated!

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Do the plate and mail armor call specifically for iron, tin, and copper, or is that just a typo?

Yes, they need those resources. At least the UI says that. Haven't had the opportunity to test the recipes yet. When the slot says Ore you can put in everything (read: all metals) you want.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

The metal armor did specifically require Iron I do recall seeing that also. 

The crafting in this game is VERY intense. 

To make something beyond the basic axes for my mino I had to make 2 hilts, 2 axe heads and 2 short shafts. The hilts took 3 things each, a crossbar, grip and a pommel. Each one of the 3 parts to the hilt took 1-2 metal bars except for the grip which took 2 planks which were made from wood. Each metal bar was comprised of 3 stacks of 3 ore (total of 9 ore but you could mix/match). 

As you can see that's a pretty long process just to make 1 set of weapons - and pretty noobish weapons at that. 

I suppose the blueprint system will help streamline this process eventually? 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

well it seems that you've been pretty fast on this one - I have my sheet at 50% and now seeing this xD good work so far. 

And well my impression was that copper ore was the easiest one to obtain in masses (each node spawned at least 2 ores mostly). So crafting the weapon out of copper with critical hit chance increase isn't so bad for starters. Iron and Tin nodes seem to have higher health and with a basic harvesting tool you need a huge amount of time to get to them so yeah. I think sticking with the copper versions sounds fine until you have the chance to mine iron ore faster (get it done by grouping up or so). 

Also the crafting system is really nice - as seen in the livestream and for those you could actually test it - I guess this system will greatly benefit the character development/progress with all the different attribute combinations which is nice. (speaking for one who didn'T really have the chance to play a game with a decent crafting system. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

These are the current results of Ore combinations when making Metal Bars. 

Now with Google Sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qEHxSyPwNNoknRrEnKj1E9sWYquZvEp65Yx74OJudcY/edit?usp=sharing

All basic combos are complete. At this time my testing has shown 3 metal combos tend to be Alloy. I think the Metal Alloy is a place holder.

Edited by Aakek

I never found gold but I will be trying to complete the list of variations in the next test as well as working out aspects of the experimenting system. 

As far as experimenting goes, The current tiers that my fuzzy memory can remember are: Success, Mediocre Success, Good Success, and Amazing Success. 

The current tiers that my fuzzy memory can remember are: Success, Mediocre Success, Good Success, and Amazing Success. 

There is also Failure.

ZCcquVD.png

I like this system. It's complex and deep(ish), but it does need to be tightened up a lot.

• UI is way too big and awkward. 
  • Needs and auto-stack feature
  • Needs an organize / auto-sort feature
  • Needs the clickity required to craft cut down by 75%
  • Fix the huge bug where inventory items are either invisible or have "0" on them causes loss of expensive items. In a system that takes this long that is VERY frustrating

There were also specialty seals (I hope they were called that way) which could be used when crafting metal bars which gave either a crafting related stat:

(these are very vague - I can't really remember those since I didn't bother to craft them after I found out they gave crafting related stats)

copper + copper + copper + seal = crafting speed increase 

tin + tin + tin + seal = crafting experimentation success (<- don't think so but something is stuck in my head). 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Do you have anywhere that ranks the various qualities and properties of the raw ingredients?  (i.e. copper is easiest to harvest, gold is hardest, etc)

Thanks!  Otherwise, very helpful.

If you want to add a note, so far it seems like Great Success = 10% boost to item, success = 2% or thereabouts.  Still working on the others.

Do you have anywhere that ranks the various qualities and properties of the raw ingredients?  (i.e. copper is easiest to harvest, gold is hardest, etc)

If you want to add a note, so far it seems like Great Success = 10% boost to item, success = 2% or thereabouts.  Still working on the others.

Yeah, we have to build it further, but we won't share all our secrets! ;)

ZCcquVD.png

Well you can look at the concept art for the order. I did write the Possible Ore list on my chart in order.

The % of bonus is related to how many pips are available to alter which is influenced by the grade of output which is influenced by the grade of the materials. These are not the droids you are looking for.