Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Tue, November 1 – Wed, November 2

When the session has ended, please use this forum to share your feedback about today's playtest. If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly, please post about it in the designated thread in TESTING → Bugs and Anomalies, Pre-Alpha 3.0. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

The harvesting prompts to hold the harvest button down and it will slowly decrease stamina as you harvest, however if you release and hit the button again correctly you will finish your swing, your stamina will regen and it will count the swing.

In this way you can basically harvest twice as fast as holding it down and have no decrease in stamina.

I am not sure if this is intended.

CfWBSig.png

1.  I keep rubberbanding back to the graveyard after I die.  Haven't been able to leave it.

2.  Not clear how I craft arrows for my bow so that I can actually use it as a ranger.  Keeps telling me no ammo and I can't find a melee weapon to use.

3.  Every time I've tried to gather and craft I end up getting killed by some rodent.  People just out there killing people that aren't fighting back or are AFK.  This is a playtest people.  Try to be constructive.

Bugs

• Periodic warping around. Desync issues?
  • Burrow #4 doesn't work on castle walls.
  • Large harvesting nodes don't seem to be working correct; don't give enough resource.

General

• I'd like to see a group based out-of-combat resurrect mechanic of some sort. Should be able to pick your friendlies off the ground when you're victorious but only if none of your group is engaged in hostile action. Making people run back from the graveyard every time they die, even when they're groupmates are alive, nearby and healthy doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
  • Too much downtime when it comes to pvp. Makes having a pocket healer almost mandatory (unless you're a myrmidon). Either introduce a /sit command and crank up the out-of-combat regen, or give us alternative methods to heal ourselves.

Harvesting

• Straight forward and simple. Would like some way to see what ore I'm mining, and a notification of some sort telling me what resource I picked up.

Crafting

• Simple but has depth. The UI is a bit overbearing, user-UNfriendly and intrusive.
Edited by helix

I am liking the crafting UI and the depth of it... I also like how, as you level crafting up all the new things start to pop up in your crafting windows. I just think the values you have for some of the items seem a bit much....12 hides to make a boot??? really. I am looking over the skill tree....maybe a skill to lower the amount of items needed to make something?? maybe?? 

Will the resources be easier to pick up....its a pain right now. I walk over ore a few times before i get it. 

Will they be a log off timer if you are attacked. I was able to log out after being attacked and log back in a few mins later and was not killed and had full health. 

Made a stack of arrows....I still have the same stack of arrows....and i have shot more then 100 times. Arrow count not  going down.

Arrow count is going down now ....that was a fast fix....good job boys...and ladies,.. sorry did not mean to forget the ladies. 

Edited by thorbeinn

Good all around playtest, combat feels leaps and bounds more fluid then a few months ago.

Primarily playing confessor, not sure if solely that class but powers after being used a couple times would become frozen on cooldown and unusable.

After dashing once with the confessor an audio loop would continuously play with any other button press.

Mobs would move constantly even while stunned, as soon as they would be engaged they would normally just moonwalk backwards regardless of CC on them.

Harvesting nodes "drop" area feels like it should be a bit tighter not an explosion over the landscape lol

Crafting seemed simple and intuitive.

Balancing.

Centaur support heals still healing more then druids

Rangers feel like alot more work for no overall gain. 

Edited by wargasmo

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Harvesting is simple, like it so far.

Hellcats are bugging out by running in a straight line until they collide with terrain or objects, then you can kill with no combat retaliation.

Chat bug after death, have to relog.

When crafting & looting, items did not always appear in inventory at that time. There would appear to be slots blocked out (unusable), but nothing there and no tooltip when hovering over that box with the cursor.

By the time I logged out, I had 4 different inventory items stuck onto my character screen. I left party / left campaign, swapped characters and the items remained on the screen. They were not where they would have been in inventory, by the way, but where they were when moving them back & forth from inventory to crafting slots.

*request - with such a large terrain, holding down the run button hurts fingers. Please add /run - /walk toggle function soon...

Edited by piikaa

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

Issues tonight:

Chat wasn't working for me at all. I couldn't see anything that anyone typed, or anything I typed. All I could see was people connecting to the game and any commands I issued to invite people to the group. That was the General tab. The Me tab just showed my commands, which I assume is intended.

During one fight against NPCs early in the night, I used the knight "C" ability and got stuck in the air, unable to do anything at all. My group managed to keep me alive while fighting off the mobs and eventually I got unstuck, though I have no idea how. There was another time where I ended up walking in the air after a fight.

When crafting, items will often not show up in the inventory. I was able to get the item to appear by clicking on different recipes, though I'm not sure if that actually had anything to do with it. It might have just been really slow. Others reported never getting the item.

I had difficulty looting mobs at times. The F to Loot doesn't always show up.

I tried to create a shield, but had to abandon it once I realized I couldn't get any hides. I then made a basic shield, but it didn't appear on my character when I equipped. Other people said they could see it, but I couldn't.

A few times my HP showed as less than max, even though it showed as max to everyone else and clearly was at max since the fire wouldn't heal me.

There were several players who were immune to damage.

Edit: A couple things I forgot to mention last night. The chat system, when typing into the chat window, will sometimes record the keystrokes as both chat input and non-chat input, meaning that the letter will type into the chat window, but it will also cause another window to open or my character to execute an ability, depending on what key is pressed.

At the end of the night, I died and after spawning in the graveyard, I couldn't leave. I kept rubberbanding back to the center of the graveyard.

Edited by Arkade

Bugs

• Large harvesting nodes don't seem to be working correct; don't give enough resource.

General

• I'd like to see a group based out-of-combat resurrect mechanic of some sort. Should be able to pick your friendlies off the ground when you're victorious but only if none of your group is engaged in ho\stile action. Making people run back from the graveyard every time they die, even when they're groupmates are alive, nearby and healthy doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
  • Too much downtime when it comes to pvp. Makes having a pocket healer almost mandatory (unless you're a myrmidon). Either introduce a /sit command and crank up the out-of-combat regen, or give us alternative methods to heal ourselves.

Harvesting

• Straight forward and simple. Would like some way to see what ore I'm mining, and a notification of some sort telling me what resource I picked up.

Crafting

• Simple but has depth. The UI is a bit overbearing, user-UNfriendly and intrusive.

The current death implementation is temporary until we get the vessel system online, we didn't want to really put any time into something we know is next up in the queue to be built.

Gameplay for this milestone wasn't top priority, we wanted to make sure the newer bigger systems stood up and were functional. Hence that massive checklist that we want to keep ironing over and fix those issues. That being said I will look into prototyping some more options for out of combat healing.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

honestly, I like the idea of little regen (i'm alpha 2 so not in the big world test yet so take my words lightly). If you are getting beat you shouldn't be able to run back, regen back up and charge back in again with full health. Little regen makes the option on escaping a lot more appealing when your side is on the losing end of a battle. But I can easily believe that some balancing still needs to be done.

Edited by silhaku

Fighting invulnerable people and rubber banding is annoying. 

Rubber banding is actually happening on both sides.. meaning you rubber band on your screen and on everyone else's.

More to come! :D

or give us alternative methods to heal ourselves.

Bugs

General
  • I'd like to see a group based out-of-combat resurrect mechanic of some sort. Should be able to pick your friendlies off the ground when you're victorious but only if none of your group is engaged in hostile action. Making people run back from the graveyard every time they die, even when they're groupmates are alive, nearby and healthy doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Harvesting

Crafting

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I agree on the Regen comment, I ended a fight with 700 HP one fight then harvested for the next 10-15 minutes only to still only have 4k HP the next time someone rolled up. Perhaps implement a sit/camp function like a camp fire but time consuming to go into and come out of.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

I agree on the Regen comment, I ended a fight with 700 HP one fight then harvested for the next 10-15 minutes only to still only have 4k HP the next time someone rolled up. Perhaps implement a sit/camp function like a camp fire but time consuming to go into and come out of.

The values you give are consistent with you never leaving combat mode. Health regen in combat is 10 base per second and out of combat is 250 base per second.

We aren't enforcing needing to be out of combat to harvest currently, but you certainly would have been at full health if we had been.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

50% of the fights are someone invulnerable to dmg/cc or combat logging

This was definitely the most annoying thing for me during the test.

Playing on Champion I was getting a ton of warping as I leap around the map, it was very unreliable for predicting where I would end up.

also my retaliate was very buggy, sometimes I just can't hit 'e', most of the time I can hit 'e' my character stands up and does damage but I am still stunned.

I'll fill out the long spreadsheet later this week but wanted to get some initial impressions down.

Edited by jbigg

QgGGP67.gif

The current death implementation is temporary until we get the vessel system online, we didn't want to really put any time into something we know is next up in the queue to be built.

Gameplay for this milestone wasn't top priority, we wanted to make sure the newer bigger systems stood up and were functional. Hence that massive checklist that we want to keep ironing over and fix those issues. That being said I will look into prototyping some more options for out of combat healing.

Can you just give us a "Sit" function that works like a campfire without having a campfire? If you get attacked while sitting you take some kind of penalties similar to being attacked while not having your weapons drawn. Shadowbane had this - ask Todd. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

Still poking around (only about 20 minutes into testing), but I did find this bug:

At and around coordinates 1485.4  9.0  1809.2, all the blue mobs are floating in the air on their sides, inactive.  No way to engage or damage them.

After playing a couple sessions now, and visiting the game lobby in between to adjust skill training, I can say with certainty that I HATE the in-game skill up messages.  I understand it is supposed to give you a sense of accomplishment that stuff is happening and you are getting better.  But there are soooo many dings happening with 4 different branches all training, especially when you start a new skill, it is quickly filtered out.  Well, except when you have the volume turned up to hear if anyone is harvesting nearby and you get startled with the obnoxious skill up sound.

On the other hand, the message when you log into the lobby skill menu is pretty effective.  It tells you how many skills advanced since your last visit.  That is when I want to evaluate my completion into a skill, anticipated time remaining, and maybe I want to adjust something to be more efficient based on the timing of my next visit.

The in-game pop ups need to go.  At a minimum, have a UI option to dump them into a mailbox or instant messenger that you can pay attention to at your own leisure instead of pulling away attention from actual gameplay.

rSHxVEY.gif

Can you just give us a "Sit" function that works like a campfire without having a campfire? If you get attacked while sitting you take some kind of penalties similar to being attacked while not having your weapons drawn. Shadowbane had this - ask Todd. 

Or have the eating of food be more of an important process with benefits.  Anyone who plays WoW and countless other games knows what this means.  As opposed to the current Minecraft implementation.

rSHxVEY.gif

General

The world "feel" really great, at my first login i was like a little kid opening christmas present (or a fanboy maybe). I really found the parcels well done, no way to see the stitching between them except maybe sometimes (will have to check i have it on my first stream last night)

The only thing (not important yet) is the lack of "ambiance" but it's not the goal yet so not really anything "bad"

Harvesting

I found it cool, really nice to see you will need friends for the big chuncks, can clearly see the "hot spots" points being those and guilds fighting for the best ones.

Crafting

I'm clearly not a crafter the only one i made in my MMO history was in WoW for the two handed mace who stunned only for pvp purpose. But i enjoyed testing it, trying stuff and the chat audience in my stream were really enthusiasts about it.

Only thing i can ask is : is it normal that when you use different ore and wood for making arrows, there is no stats on them? Copper = Gold for the headpieces, not sure if it will stay like this, will be interested to know.

UI

Well the UI is clearly "too much", i really feel like a console interface and i don't like it.

Chat

The chat had some troubles, so hard to give a proper feedback, the friends list is a great thing, having the general too (even if there is allready some drama going on because of pk  :rolleyes:  ) 

SAVE FOR LATER

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile