Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Tue, November 1 – Wed, November 2

After playing a couple sessions now, and visiting the game lobby in between to adjust skill training, I can say with certainty that I HATE the in-game skill up messages. I understand it is supposed to give you a sense of accomplishment that stuff is happening and you are getting better. But there are soooo many dings happening with 4 different branches all training, especially when you start a new skill, it is quickly filtered out. Well, except when you have the volume turned up to hear if anyone is harvesting nearby and you get startled with the obnoxious skill up sound.

On the other hand, the message when you log into the lobby skill menu is pretty effective. It tells you how many skills advanced since your last visit. That is when I want to evaluate my completion into a skill, anticipated time remaining, and maybe I want to adjust something to be more efficient based on the timing of my next visit.

The in-game pop ups need to go. At a minimum, have a UI option to dump them into a mailbox or instant messenger that you can pay attention to at your own leisure instead of pulling away attention from actual gameplay.

Those skill up announcements scare the poorly made socks out of me sometimes. I'd like to see an option to toggle them off/on.

Edited by helix

The world was great, there was only a few odd ball things. Invisible rocks at resource nodes, our group kept seeing a fast moving rock, it was not a linear moving rock so we joked it was a dev watching us in our natural environment.

Had alot of new movement issues with rubberbanding. Sometimes if i started a Myrm's charge point blank it simply didint work, i just charged in place.

Mobs we would engage would move away from us, even when stunned. Only rooting seemed to temporary stop them from moving away.

For the life of us we could not figure out how to skin animals.

I would highly suggest some kind of simple display that will come up for the harvesting when you approach a node. Telling the difficulty of the resource, the type of resource, the penetration of your item and regen and its current health. The current implementation is a bit annoying, not sure if its a bug but it only shows the health of the node for a split second after a swing. 

For the crafting, it had alot of depth and very complex. With that being said, the poor UI made it annoying and frustrating to manage and navigate through the crafting recipes, which were alot more than i was expecting.

I would suggest the following for the UI:

Allow right clicking on a empty resource spot that will highlight all the things in your inventory that could possibly fit inside that slot.

Left clicking on a empty resource spot will navigate to the recipe that makes that component (if applicable), i cant tell you how frustrating it is to go and find a recipe of a recipe of a recipe to the point you forget what you originally were trying to make.

I think there should be a option to by pass the naming and editing the item cosmetic automaticly, give it a bit more stream line process for stuff you dont care about.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Overall I had a ton of fun last night and stayed up waaaaaaay too late on a work night. 

-          Performance

o   It wasn’t as good as the first test because there were a lot more people playing. If I was alone and not around anyone I was getting frames similar to the last test (about 90 FPS) but the more players that came around the lower this dropped. I will say I don’t recall going too much under 60 though.

o   The rubber banding was real bad. It wasn’t so bad that it was unplayable but there were several instances mid fight where I rubber banded about 300 meters.

-          Duelist: I decided to give this class a run through and overall it was good. It plays as it should – if you ambush someone you can take them down but you can’t really go toe to toe with anyone.

o   There were several instances where I could see duelists who were burrowed. Sometimes I could see them clear as day but they just had a blue hue to them. There were other times where I would see glimpses of them with the blue hue but then they would disappear.

o   I found it extremely easy to escape fights as a duelist. “C” ability and then use the “4” pass wall ability to quickly warp 20 meters at a time every few seconds. It makes it really hard to track down a duelist. The pass wall ability may eventually need a longer cooldown.

o   All of the various abilities felt useful in their own way. I don’t really have anything bad to say about them. I think this was a pretty well designed and thought out class. I didn’t really have any problems generating Pips like others said they did.

-          Crafting – I was able to craft several weapons tonight (thanks to those who I pked and donated materials!)

o   I noticed there is not an option for an advanced pistol to be crafted for the duelist. There’s a basic pistol/rapier but for the more advanced weapons there’s only a rapier.

o   Once I had the raw materials in hand it took me over 20 minutes to craft a legio 2 hand mace and a set of mino axes. I know this because I had to use multiple crafting potions because the first ran out and they last 20 minutes. This was going at a pretty quick pace too. I knocked out all of the metal bars, all of the planks at once. Then I knocked out 4 pommels, 4 crossguards, 4 grips and then turned those into the hilts and great hilts. Then I made the weapon heads and weapon shafts and created the weapons. When experimenting I generally was doing 2-3 points at a time. I would max out whichever line I was experimenting on at a time – so if I was going to do minimum damage I’d put max points in it. I always used all of my experimentation points. So while I didn’t go 1 by 1 and really make it take a while I did do a lot of experimenting. Bottom line it felt like it took FOREVER just to make a couple weapons and this was already after I had all of the materials. I know I’m not a crafter (I’m more of a PvP player) but I found this to just take too long for my tastes.

-          Harvesting

o   Only thing I have to say about harvesting is I haven’t seen any green or higher things drop yet. Maybe it’s because I’m using starter tools? I have the first harvesting skill at 100 and I’ve been using the plentiful harvesting potions. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

A few bugs I haven't seen mentioned yet:

The life/death runes can't be crafted: you can make that intermediate craft (sigil of death/life I think it was called), but then the sigil can't be dropped into the recipe for the rune.

Sometimes the smaller/solo ore deposits surrounding a larger/group ore deposit don't work. You can mouse over it and get the prompt to hit "F", then when you hold F your character does the animation and stamina is drained, but there's no sound effect and the ore health bar is unaffected (I don't mean that it's getting damaged and regenerating, I mean it's not damaged at all). When this happens it's every solo deposit surrounding that particular group deposit, all or nothing. I saw this with a couple gold and couple copper deposits, meanwhile I got a different copper, iron, and silver to work properly, it was about 50/50.

Skill cooldowns are very buggy. Sometimes the cooldown just freezes in place, i.e. that skill will be stuck on 3 seconds left or whatever. Sometimes I find I can still use the skill despite it displaying a frozen cooldown, it might just be a display bug where the cooldown is working normally but you can't see what the current cooldown status is. This was playing as confessor, unsure if other classes have same problem.

I also get the opposite problem sometimes, where no cooldown is displayed even though the skill was recently used and should be on cooldown, and I can't seem to use the skill, this happens particularly with the confessor's 1. It would let me hit the button and an animation was played, but no effect (no damage or stun).

A couple times the prompt to do the next step of a combo got stuck on my screen (I didn't finish the combo, and it just stayed there - for several minutes - after the timer expired). Had to restart the combo and follow through with it to get the prompt to go away. Again, playing as confessor.

One time I respawned beneath the world, character fell for a bit then died again. Everything was okay after the second death.

I like the invulnerability to all player damage/cc/etc., but it's very unreliable. Sometimes I find the invulnerability goes away with no warning and I get killed, I feel like that should never happen, please fix.

Edited by Avloren

Will the resources be easier to pick up....its a pain right now. I walk over ore a few times before i get it. 

Will they be a log off timer if you are attacked. I was able to log out after being attacked and log back in a few mins later and was not killed and had full health. 

I would like to see a larger interaction area around the dropped resources; the current sphere is too small and I suggest doubling the size of the sphere.  Keep the visual effect the same, but just allow us to glance by the resource to actually pick it up.

We also need a combat timer, so if hit your body won't log off for 5 minutes.  This gives players enough time to kill someone that is trying to escape by "combat logging".  Along with a combat timer, it would be nice to have a login invul for say 60 seconds; I haven't tested that part so not sure if it's in game or not.

This was the first test using a rodent, and I love the concept, however I really dislike the sound queues while he is burrowing.  Will there be an option to muffle that sound through skills eventually.

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png

-          Harvesting

o   Only thing I have to say about harvesting is I haven’t seen any green or higher things drop yet. Maybe it’s because I’m using starter tools? I have the first harvesting skill at 100 and I’ve been using the plentiful harvesting potions. 

I can confirm blue and green ore for copper, tin, iron and silver.  This may because I was using a silver pick-axe.  Ore seems pretty easy to test, but wood and stone have little variety from what I have noticed. 

lUvvzPy.png

Champion:

• While embiggened from 6 power a weird "bouncing" effect happens
  • Felt like I was being thrown around by my powers way too much. Not everything needs a leap attached to it

Crafting:

• Underlying mechanics and system seem solid.
  • UI is pretty bad. Way too many clicks, pop-ups, and buttons to press.
  • Staring at a progress bar while locked into a fullscreen UI is not fun

Harvesting:

• Like the system, especially the group nodes
  • Invisible nodes seem to be a problem.
  • Targeting when two nodes overlap is inconsistent
  • Items often don't properly collide with nearby nodes as they pop out and get lost inside them.

50% of the fights are someone invulnerable to dmg/cc or combat logging

Until they fix how PK looting works, every harvester and crafter is going to combat log.  Right now you've just got groups of people or stealth rodents running around PKing people while they're harvesting or crafting, and then they loot every single item from the body.  In a limited time playtest, there's no point gathering for 2 hours only to then have it all taken before you can really test out much of the crafting.  

BTW, if you get attacked while crafting and you don't have your volume turned out, you don't know you're getting attacked until you're dead.

For those harvesters who haven't seen blue or green ore drop yet, be sure you're making and using the alchemy harvesting potions when you harvest.  I will typically use 3 different potions at a time.

I also use all 3 crafting potions when I'm crafting.

Generally I like the crafting system.  I've enjoyed experimenting with different metal bar alloys and building a variety of items.  Alchemy is very useful - I suspect it will be a very profitable skill to focus on when the game goes live.  Can't wait until I have a house I can craft in without being interrupted.  =)  Still have the occasional item going POOF when I click take after crafting it.  Was a little frustrating when a metal bar that I had made out of green silver/iron went poof after having amazing successes in both enhancements.  =)

Edited by dawgs4ever

I am concerned that the first few CWs will be filled with grey and white items at best.  We have extremely sped up harvesting with the ability to use gold tier harvesting tools at present in BW, and significant increases from harvesting potions, and still, we're not getting enough mats to make even green items.  When the skill pots are gone, and we're restricted to the basic runestone tools - not even copper for the first week for dedicated harvesters (and longer for others), we're all going to be hurting for gear.   Is that intentional?

I am concerned that the first few CWs will be filled with grey and white items at best.  We have extremely sped up harvesting with the ability to use gold tier harvesting tools at present in BW, and significant increases from harvesting potions, and still, we're not getting enough mats to make even green items.  When the skill pots are gone, and we're restricted to the basic runestone tools - not even copper for the first week for dedicated harvesters (and longer for others), we're all going to be hurting for gear.   Is that intentional?

Why would that be cause for concern?

IhhQKY6.gif

I'm afraid to the same thing, but it's honestly too early to tell. That's largely scaling / progression / pacing tho, and I'm sure they'll be playing with it. 

Myrmidon

• Significantly better. More fluid movement. #1 is buggy.

Crafting

• The more I do harvesting and crafting, the more I realize I'm going to need a second account ;p.
Edited by helix

General Movement:

• When jumping on a down slope there seems to be a transition between "jumping" and "falling" right where you would have landed if the ground was flat. There is a hitch at that point that seems to indicate momentum is getting reset.

Minotaur vs Champ first impression:

• Mino is very cool, movement and skills feel fluid
  • In some ways feels like it is just a better champion. The two need some more differentiation.
  • Once place to start would be their 4 power chains which are effectively identical

Combat Logging

• Not super high up on the priority list, but something I would like to see dealt with. Has happened numerous times against numerous players of a certain guild that will go unnamed that are abusing this. Needs to be a 20-30s timer before your character is totally logged out of the world, and you shouldn't be able to do it while being engaged in combat.

Duelist

• The "decoy" explosive on C should detonate faster and have a wider radius. You're also briefly "rooted" after using this ability, not sure if that was intentional but thought I'd mention it.
Edited by izkimar

I would really love to be able to trade goods more easily.

Had a pretty easy time making gear with the help of crafting and harvesting potions and being allowed to use gold rune weapons right from the start.

But once we had generic weapons and armor, it became pretty clear that we were going to have a really tough time making green or even white quality gear.  First campaigns are going to be fought in basic gear, by the look of it.. it's going to take a couple of months for dedicated harvesters to get decent rune tools, and even longer for those who just dabble, so the accumulation of resources is going to be WAY slower than in bigworld.  Edit:  Thinking about it overnight, this is not a problem; it's just a surprise.  uncommon (green) really will be uncommon and rare (blue) really will be rare, especially in the early campaigns.  We'll all be in the same boat, so the balance is fair.  I'm just used to games gearing us up faster than this.  

We chose not to kill anyone unless they jumped us, or tried to loot the things we were killing / looting.  That made things a little monotonous - nothing but farming all day.

Really like that every tree and rock in the game world is harvestable.  Loved the stability of the server.  The bugs (the invuln bug (and people abusing it), the food ticker sometimes dropping to 0 when you log in, and the huge pile of 0 qty items in inventory at login were the 3 worst) were annoying but not game-breaking.  For only the second BW test / build, I was very impressed.

The risen scout knockback is ridiculous.

I played Mino all day except for a 20 minute test of the knight to see if he's still utterly useless (he is).   The removal of forced movement from the myrmidon attacks makes him so much more enjoyable to play.  I really enjoyed the few fights I got into (and the mob farming was easier than it would otherwise have been, too).

Edited by durenthal

-          Crafting – I was able to craft several weapons tonight (thanks to those who I pked and donated materials!)

o   Once I had the raw materials in hand it took me over 20 minutes to craft a legio 2 hand mace and a set of mino axes. I know this because I had to use multiple crafting potions because the first ran out and they last 20 minutes. This was going at a pretty quick pace too. I knocked out all of the metal bars, all of the planks at once. Then I knocked out 4 pommels, 4 crossguards, 4 grips and then turned those into the hilts and great hilts. Then I made the weapon heads and weapon shafts and created the weapons. When experimenting I generally was doing 2-3 points at a time. I would max out whichever line I was experimenting on at a time – so if I was going to do minimum damage I’d put max points in it. I always used all of my experimentation points. So while I didn’t go 1 by 1 and really make it take a while I did do a lot of experimenting. Bottom line it felt like it took FOREVER just to make a couple weapons and this was already after I had all of the materials. I know I’m not a crafter (I’m more of a PvP player) but I found this to just take too long for my tastes.

100% agree on the crafting times (and window/UI) being ridiculous in current form. We had the same experience, required multiple crafting potions to make a 2h Polemace and a Rapier.  I am hoping its going to get a major overhaul and this current system is just technology testing........ it does incentivise having thralls do it for you offline!

Minotaur vs Champ first impression:

• Mino is very cool, movement and skills feel fluid
  • In some ways feels like it is just a better champion. The two need some more differentiation.
  • Once place to start would be their 4 power chains which are effectively identical

Agreed on all points.  The Minotaur is a far more viable character than Champion (or most the rest of the ATs) and he felt great with the changes!   

Hoping were closing in on a good combat/movement model.

Agreed on all points. The Minotaur is a far more viable character than Champion (or most the rest of the ATs) and he felt great with the changes!

Hoping were closing in on a good combat/movement model.

I think if the champion got a boost to it's survivability and the same combat movement revisions the myrmidon did, he'd be fine. I actually like the champions kit over the myrmidon. Edited by helix