Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

(Bugs) Tues, Nov 1 thru Wed, Nov 2 - Bugs, anomalies and tech issues FEEDBACK

If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly in today's session, please post about it here. Remember to be as descriptive as possible.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

On the Confessor i get some kind of sound bug as soon as i use any ability. If i stand still it makes a weird 'fire' woosh sound every 2 seconds, if i move it makes the sound every 0.25~ seconds, its extremely annoying and doesnt stop unless a relog but starts again as soon as i use any ability.

CfWBSig.png

I've been having some internet connectivity issues with latency up to 80,000. I believe this to be partially related to my crappy internet but, it seems to be effecting only Crowfall. Also, I just re-logged to try and fix a glitch and I lost all of my inventory...so I relogged again and my character vanished from the creation screen. I tried to recreate the same character and it said "Duplicate name" as if the character just wasn't populating in the GUI.

Harvesting Ore: It appeared that even though I picked it up it wasn't going into my inventory. Upon further inspection I noticed that there were parts of my inventory that showed empty but weren't. (IE I couldn't put stuff in those areas) Relogging showed my missing ore in those areas.

Full screen crafting is scary. You have no idea if you are in danger :P

Oh, also, maybe a non issue... but rock was spawned under ore so it kept making me use the wrong harvesting tool. IE it was selecting the invisible rock that was inside the ore.

A few times my cooldowns were stuck on my screen at a random number and would not cooldown visually. They were usuable though which then would clear up the problem.

Same sound bugs as others have mentioned. Wooshing sounds, had to turn off sound effects.

Legionaire rage bug? (I haven't played in a while) My rage wouldn't regenerate unless I swung my weapon in the air wildly for a while.

Edited by ferrydust

I got stuck on the Druid when I teleported (RMB) through what I think was an invisible node. When trying to move, I kept running into an invisible wall. I was still able to teleport around but no matter how far away I got I was still running into an invisible wall with normal movement. Relogging fixed the issue. 

1. Invulnerability on death

Sometimes when typing in the chat window, the client wouldnt register you're on the chat window and would open up menus and stuff when you press the hotkeys.  This was a recurring problem and even while in an annoying full screen menu, if you hit enter what you were typing would send to general chat.

When swaping trays on druids, the crafting UI would pop up.  Poor choice of default hotkey....

Cool downs do not refresh/display correctly.  they get stuck on a number and stop updating.

Some trees and large group ore spawns stopped functioning and were either invisible or visible but could not be interacted with the F key

There is a speed jumping bug

Log out is instant and can be done mid combat

Fix/unnerf the horse 1-charge.

rubberbanding--sometimes this seemed lag related, but sometimes it felt like an unseen mob did a chain pull on a ramp and sent you flying 1-2 screens over.

Retaliate pops up and fails to go off just as it did in HD. 

Edited by angelmar

As this is my first playtest, I'm unsure if these have been reported before, if so, I'm sorry for doubling up.

- Whilst hovering mouse over inventory items, some details (can, not always) appear out of the bounds of the game/screen. (Bottom left, half of the equipped information isn't visible - This error repeated in both full screen and not full screen modes)

bug1.jpg

- Two bugs, one screenshot (below).

I have also encountered the multiple messages upon dying. This increases with each death 1 -> 3 -> 6 and was repeated on a couple of log ins. (See chatbar)

I started trying to kill myself to see how many multiples I could get it up to, but I couldn't get the mobs to attack me, though I could do damage to them (I guess that's Angelmars invulnerability issue) gave up after at least two minutes. (See all healthbars etc). This is possibly something to do with that 'disconnected' status in the fps box... if so, why could I damage them? Logging out/back in, I was dead at least. (Though exploring the 'live' world whilst in a 'disconnected' status seems like taking advantage of a bug. Will experiment further with this one. )

EDIT: nothing to do with that 'disconnected' thing as was still showing disconnected whilst interacting with other players.. I couldn't replicate this situation.

bug2.jpg

- Also chat box, though no screenshot, sorry, but I frequently cannot see the last line of the chatbox, even when it's my own message I've put up. (In game query showed that others have the same issue)

- I don't know if this counts as a bug, but there's a disconnect between the name of an icon on the 'crafting basics' skill tree and the description/image. (It looks like it should be tailoring by the picture, it's description shows tailoring, but it's called alchemy). (There were also a lot of disconnects of 'in game' items and images, but I am assuming that's just lower down the HUGE list of things for you busy wonderful folks to do, hence only mentioning the skill tree one)

bug3.jpg

- I have no screen shots of this, and didn't manage to repeat it, however the first time I logged into the game I kept triggering Cursor mode somehow (I wasn't pressing Alt) every time I attempted to look at other functions (Ie Inventory, skills etc). Sorry to be as helpful as a chocolate teapot with this one. Relogging fixed it. It didn't repeat.

-I'm not sure if this is a bug or a design feature, but if you 'quit to desktop' rather than 'leave campaign' upon re-logging you bypass the character select screen and go straight into the game.

Edited by Mother_Fable

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

-          Lots of inventory related bugs

o   Lots of “0” quantity items show up after death or relog. These are ore, wood, or refined components that WERE used in crafting but are no longer in your inventory. Even if you delete the “0” items if you die or relog they come back. I noticed if you go into a crafting screen and right click a “0” item to try to use it to craft an item it will disappear but will come back if you change to another crafting recipe, die, or relog.

o   Because of all of these “0” items I’ve had issues with items going to my inventory once they’re crafted. I had multiple instances where I crafted an item and it just didn’t show up in my inventory. The item wasn’t there even after reclogging or dying. This can be circumvented by making sure you have enough inventory space BEFORE you craft something.

o   On the subject of inventory space – slots in the inventory seem to stop working at some points. You’ll see an empty inventory slot where an item can go and then you’ll see other empty inventory slots which you cannot put an item in.

o   PKing people does some really funky things with inventory. I crafted some weapons on one character and tried to transfer them to others by letting them kill me with the weapons in my inventory. Upon death my inventory was filled with a TON of ? items – most of them resulting in “0” items once they were looted. I had to be killed about 3 times before the weapons I crafted actually showed up as loot in the loot window.

o   My inventory got so bogged down with “0” items at one point that I would harvest resources and they wouldn’t appear in my inventory. Then later after I was killed and looted trying to transfer weapons the resources showed up again after a lot of the “0” and “?” items were looted out of my inventory.

§  It’s almost as if the inventory is LARGER than the screen you can see but you’re unable to scroll. So you have to get rid of some stuff, then either relog or die to reset the inventory, then the stuff that you couldn’t see before will show up once again. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

- Confessor - Equipping a crafted book did not highlight on the main playscreen 'equipped' toon thingamie.

Edit: The same with Staff on Druid.

bug4.jpg

- Could not use chatbox at all this time around (re-logged four times via lobby, no change)

- I logged out to lobby then went afk whilst taking my dog for a quick pee (about 10 minutes?), on return I wanted to see what was happening in my skills tree, however the skill tree button was unresponsive. Joining the match then gave me a combination of in game screen and crafting skills (see screenshot below). I replicated three times via exiting to lobby. Then logged out of game completely resolved the issue.

EDIT: I couldn't replicate by going afk again, however it is possible to get exactly the same outcome by clicking on join match then viewing the skill trees whilst the match is loading.

EDIT AGAIN: I did manage to replicate by going afk again, but it needs about ten to fifteen minutes of afk time. 

bug5.jpg

Edited by Mother_Fable

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

ANOMALY: When you switch the currently training skill to another one, the icon for the new one shows up, the wheel spins, and it says that training has *stopped* on the new skill. In reality, the skill swapped over to the correct one no problem.

Observed by doing Harvesting Basics (already at 100) to Wood to Ore (Wood to Ore specifically created this message).

For the time reference on this thread i'll use this replay of my 4h stream this morning

General

• No music, didn't tried the full delog/relog but leaving the campaign and coming back in didn't change anything
  • Some sound bug when a friend used fire on the confessor @ 1:17:47
  • Indication of population ingame is false on the lobby it was saying 118 players onlines when with who we were only 9 @ 1:20:00
  • Stuff with 0 quantity on inventory kinda useless @ 1:33:40

Ranger

• When in combat if i switch from ranged to close combat i got all the windows poping up on my screen when i'm moving and they are closing as soon as they open (check @ 10:39) due to movement

Harvesting

• Some spots of gold wasn't harvestable except the big chunck (start @ 1:10:50) stamina was consumed
  • Big chunck of ores often say you need a hammer to harvest (i suspect some stons under them) example @ 1:11:37
  • Sometimes near the spawn of ores you are "blocked" by invisible spawns example @ 1:12:16 and another one @ 1:16:57
  • High harvesting runes say a negative number for ore penetration, is it normal? SHoudn't be a + instead? Example : -175 for a gold pickaxe

Crafting

• Not sure it's a bug or my bad luck at crafting but rune components > speciality seal seems to produce only crafting seal who give crafing basics experimentation stats example @ 2:39:20 & @ 2:53:35

UI

• Some weird bug with the inventory when i tried to move some copper ore into another one, one of the chunk get "out" of the inventory but was still usable (start @ 36:59 )
  • I've got black hle in my inventory where i can't put anymore stuff in (i suspect some Guinicean eating my bag ! ) example @ 2:29:36 you can see them near the 2 stack of apple and the paper scrolls stack and can better seen after i move the sigil some seconds after and again better with a lots more at the end of my stream @ 3:57:39

Chat

• The chat sometimes getting clunky and you don't see messages posted until you scroll down yourself (@ 37:28 )

Combat

• Sometimes the retaliate don't pop up (maybe linked to dizzy state?) @ 2:31:10
  • Some weird camera movement when in combat, dunno if it's not linked with the first bug i had from switching stance can see it clearly starting @ 2:31:51 when i started to move way and switched to close combat for tp my camera made a full 180°  and another example there at 3:56:41 when fighting a legio
  • Mobs chasing you for long distances (not sure they even loose aggro)
  • Some stitching with people bouncing @ 3:56:33 & agains @ 3:57:09 & 3:57:11 (after a dodge and my fps droped to 20 FPS ? )

SAVE FOR LATER

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

• Some serious rubberbanding vs mobs (not players) early on.

Risen mobs wander away from you even when stunned or knocked down

I logged out of one character only to find ALL my characters missing from the character selection screen.  Create new was the only option.  Fortunately, relogging fixed it.

crafted items sometimes don't appear in inventory at all.  Metal bars was the biggest culprit for me. Lost 3-4

logging out of the game is instant.  There needs to be a 15 second countdown where you're out of combat and standing still before logout.

I made 2 characters, a knight and a duelist. Played with the skill tree for a minute. Then, chose my duelist (named GoPuntUrself) and logged to the server. At least I am pretty sure I did...after the loading screen, instead of seeing my character, I saw the compass at the top center, my character avatar top left and the skill tree main page was completely covering everything else. The chat box was also visible. The mouse response acted like I was connected, as when I panned the mouse, the compass would react accordingly.

I decided to quit to desktop and relaunch the clinet...as soon as I did, my character was visible and still on the server.

Then some chump decided to gank me before I had a chance to study my character moves etc. To said chump...Thanks for making my first attempt at play testing even more frustrating by ganking a helpless duelist with UI/client issues. You are a real winner mate!

Anyways, I am not sure where the screenshots are stored, or even if my attempt to take a ss even worked considering the issues I had with the client/UI. If you need anymore info, let me know.

Cheers!

I am still getting a lot of zero quantity items, but they all seem to be Ethereal Dust.  I cannot move them, but I can drag an existing (non-zero) pile of dust over them and then they join with it and can be eliminated.