Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tark

Crowfall Crafting - All The Best Gear is Player Made - MarkeeDragon Video

Markee, don't hesitate to spy any chance you get. We have your back. :)

Was nice to have a very first glance to what factories and thralls will be.

Minute 19 makes it clear that ACE doesn't care much if people get multiple accounts to have versatility.

It seems to me that the only thing in the way of people doing this is time experimenting and actually crafting. Since creating solid items and experimenting with their parts and components is something that is time consuming, and even if you know what you are going for there is still the RNG on the successes. So to actually craft stuff you will have to sit at the station and fiddle around with materials and components, create blueprints for the things that work so you can mass produce them later, etc. Unless you have 16 hours to play each day, doing all that on multiple crafters and also participating in the PvP fights or harvesting will be pretty much impossible.

The use that multiple accounts will have is to have some high level of the passive skill trained, someone else who is a dedicated crafter will have to work on the blue prints and think about the logistics, and then you just quickly loggon to your alt account to set up some crafting. Which is an advantage, but at least it doesn't diminish the work of the dedicated crafters so much.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

In first sentence you sad that Ace doesn't care about multiboxing and then you wrote two paragraphs about how Ace created system from which multiboxers will go mad.

Don't you think that it doesn't make any sense and that one part disproves the other?

So happy to see a game that is bringing back a true player driven economy and also allows crafter's to stake a name for themselves.  Kudos Crowfall.

THE CORRUPT FEAR  | THE HONEST SUPPORT  | THE HEROIC JOIN 

Minute 19 makes it clear that ACE doesn't care much if people get multiple accounts to have versatility.

It seems to me that the only thing in the way of people doing this is time experimenting and actually crafting. Since creating solid items and experimenting with their parts and components is something that is time consuming, and even if you know what you are going for there is still the RNG on the successes. So to actually craft stuff you will have to sit at the station and fiddle around with materials and components, create blueprints for the things that work so you can mass produce them later, etc. Unless you have 16 hours to play each day, doing all that on multiple crafters and also participating in the PvP fights or harvesting will be pretty much impossible.

The use that multiple accounts will have is to have some high level of the passive skill trained, someone else who is a dedicated crafter will have to work on the blue prints and think about the logistics, and then you just quickly loggon to your alt account to set up some crafting. Which is an advantage, but at least it doesn't diminish the work of the dedicated crafters so much.

Nothing wrong with multiboxing, I plan on it. I have been doing it for over 15 years not going to stop now.  I have played every game and never been penalized for this. If you pay to play then that is what matters.

In first sentence you sad that Ace doesn't care about multiboxing and then you wrote two paragraphs about how Ace created system from which multiboxers will go mad.

Don't you think that it doesn't make any sense and that one part disproves the other?

I think my post makes sens. I said they don't seem to care, and then expanded on why I think that they are not too worried. That is, because crafting seems to be demanding enough that it won't mater much.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

I think my post makes sens. I said they don't seem to care, and then expanded on why I think that they are not too worried. That is, because crafting seems to be demanding enough that it won't mater much.

Can't stop an individual from buying two separate accounts and playing them simultaneously, wouldn't be ethical or make sense. There is no logical reasoning why I or anyone else cannot do this if able to manage it.  Just my 5 Canadian cents. 

Can't stop an individual from buying two separate accounts and playing them simultaneously, wouldn't be ethical or make sense. There is no logical reasoning why I or anyone else cannot do this if able to manage it.  Just my 5 Canadian cents. 

I agree, but it if it too easy to do it and the most efficient way of crafting in the game that harms the crafting style, forcing players to buy multiple accounts to be competitive is kinda poorly made socksty.

In any case, as I have said above, I don't think it will be an issue, the people with multiple accounts will be the exception, not the rule, I don't think everyone will have the availability and drive to do this properly. If they do, then they earned the benefits.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

People having multiple accounts will be far more common than you think. Its not just crafting that will benefit from multiple accounts, even players who want to play ranged vs melee will benefit from multiple accounts as the basic/common skills tree splits melee and ranged into different branches.

Nothing wrong with multiboxing, I plan on it. I have been doing it for over 15 years not going to stop now.  I have played every game and never been penalized for this. If you pay to play then that is what matters.

You won't be able to key clone. I have confirmed this with Todd himself. 

But keycloning wont work anyways.

You won't be able to key clone. I have confirmed this with Todd himself. 

But keycloning wont work anyways.

I don't use key Cloning anyways I have my own intelligent and very custom setup for multi boxing.

Multiboxing is an "actionable" ToU violation.

Just read through it all nothing about anyone being able to buy and pay for two accounts and play them both from different PC's. You just can't be afk and leave the keyboard unattended using scripts or macros or key cloning.  Good luck at stopping it, not possible when someone is paying and playing both in a logical manner. /shrug

PS. also have to probably buy and play a third or fourth account for my spies as I will most likely have to infiltrate competing guilds in some way.

In SWG I had 12 separate accounts when the game was at its peak.

Edited by betaguy