Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Centaur Druid?

Enlil

The current implementation is a race & class combination in the form of Archetypes. A centaur Druid isn't possible currently since Druids are locked to humans, and centaurs are locked to Legionnaires.

I don't expect this to change in the future unless the game becomes wildly successful post-launch and a *lot* of people were to request it.

+1

You just want to re-live the SB days, of tele-quake spec groups. Don't deny it! :-)

It's all good, one the chop social is completed, my next ask will be for Coolwaters, when I request the Forgemaster speciality to be holy damage (like the Sentinel).

I do fear this thread will result in that no-life Drooid appearing from nowhere.

Edited by daworf

+1

You just want to re-live the SB days, of tele-quake spec groups. Don't deny it! :-)

It's all good, one the chop social is completed, my next ask will be for Coolwaters, when I request the Forgemaster speciality to be holy damage (like the Sentinel).

I do fear this thread will result in that no-life Drooid appearing from nowhere.

I won't deny wanting to re-live those days. But that premise maybe for a cent/sent group.    I think centaur druids were well balanced in SB, and a very fun and versatile class to play solo, but also perfect additions to any group. I usually used mine for rune hunting or small group PvP.  

I am just now starting to pay attention to this game so I guess I need to see what's possible. I do think that one of the enduring legacies of SB that set it apart was the very large number of character creation possibilities (Race/Class/Runes/Disciplines/etc).  Clearly it's a resource question when considering the need for new models, animations, and such. I hope over time, races get more fully fleshed out and this "locking" of a race to one class and vise versa (implausible from a lore/realism standpoint) is diminished.  People want to create their own stories, especially in sandbox games.  Every centaur kid won't wanna grow up to be a legionnaire, especially if some crazy human druid found him/her in the forest after his mother was slaughtered and raised him/her as their own.

On that note, where do we find the lore about these races and all?  

Edited by Enlil

I won't deny wanting to re-live those days. But that premise maybe for a cent/sent group.    I think centaur druids were well balanced in SB, and a very fun and versatile class to play solo, but also perfect additions to any group. I usually used mine for rune hunting or small group PvP.  

I am just now starting to pay attention to this game so I guess I need to see what's possible. I do think that one of the enduring legacies of SB that set it apart was the very large number of character creation possibilities (Race/Class/Runes/Disciplines/etc).  Clearly it's a resource question when considering the need for new models, animations, and such. I hope over time, races get more fully fleshed out and this "locking" of a race to one class and vise versa (implausible from a lore/realism standpoint) is diminished.  People want to create their own stories, especially in sandbox games.  Every centaur kid won't wanna grow up to be a legionnaire, especially if some crazy human druid found him/her in the forest after his mother was slaughtered and raised him/her as their own.

On that note, where do we find the lore about these races and all?  

Good point, I also would have preferred race and class to be separate. But as you said it is indeed a resource/budget issue, and I'm hoping runestones and promotion classes will be enough to personalize the character and his powers. 

As for the lore: http://crowfall.com/en/archetypes/

Bear in mind the lore is minimalistic and a bit of a jigsaw puzzle that you need to put together. In order to understand some of the archetypes you may need to read the lore on the gods as well, plus some other dev articles released in the past that shed some further light on the history.

you guys also get it isn't just about animation costs right?

race actually matters in this game for once. it is not just a reskin with minor stat differences or pointless racial powers.

class power design and balance elements are tied to their race themes.

The small duelist burrows underground (also has a smaller size and hitbox)

The Legio centuar is about mobility and charging into targets with his bulk (has a larger size and hitbox and a faster base run speed and also requires more food)

Neither of these themes would work if you switch them around to have burrowing centuars and speedy bulky Guineceans.....

another example will be the Assassin class: a winged Fae that will have swooping and gliding on their powers most likely...

do you also want a flying centuar?

yes yes I do! flying and burrowing centuars please

don't worry there is going to be an extremely deep customisation and build system available for your characters

Edited by Tinnis

you guys also get it isn't just about animation costs right?

race actually matters in this game for once. it is not just a reskin with minor stat differences or pointless racial powers.

class power design and balance elements are tied to their race themes.

The small duelist burrows underground (also has a smaller size and hitbox)

The Legio centuar is about mobility and charging into targets with his bulk (has a larger size and hitbox and a faster base run speed and also requires more food)

Neither of these themes would work if you switch them around to have burrowing centuars and speedy bulky Guineceans.....

another example will be the Assassin class: a winged Fae that will have swooping and gliding on their powers most likely...

do you also want a flying centuar?

yes yes I do! flying and burrowing centuars please

don't worry there is going to be an extremely deep customisation and build system available for your characters

And here is one of the issues at present - the lego isnt that mobile.