Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyphien

No healer roles?

Are we all still under the impression that groups of 5 are running with 2 or 3 supports? 'Cause the groups I've seen in BW so far have been comprised mainly of Myrmidons.  :lol:

Someone worked out that you didn't need healing support, if everyone was long dead before you got a boo-boo that required a plaster  :D

Edited by Mother_Fable

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

Well i thought this chat was talking about broken archetypes. It was the supports because they were the only ones that could do everything to a degree. Now the Myrmidon is the best at everything. His self heals are far better than any support, his DPS out does every DPS archetype, and he just takes whatever you throw at him to the face and just laughs. Think you almost have him? Nope, there's that self heal. I know they just want to make archetypes broken right now on purpose but show some love for the others why don't you?

pretty sure the devs KNOWS there are HUGE balance issues, but also that it would be silly at this state to try and balance as we dont even have half the base archetypes implemented. And no disciplines yet either, ATM the game is very much tech testing NOT balance testing, if you cant deal with huge glaring balance issues you should NOT test a game in pre-alpha state (yes you do NOT play or even playtest a game in this state you only test, the focus a this point is to test the systems and techs that are implemented works, not that they are balanced)

So, this seemed to have gotten off topic, and turned into a rant of some sort, as well as confused me. The first reply said there wasn't any healer roles. But the others are saying that there are? Are there, or are there not any major healing roles in the game?

GC4PoQ3.png

So, this seemed to have gotten off topic, and turned into a rant of some sort, as well as confused me. The first reply said there wasn't any healer roles. But the others are saying that there are? Are there, or are there not any major healing roles in the game?

The developer's intent was to not have any firehose healers. By that, they meant the type of healers you see in PvE-centric games, where the healer can heal a target or multiple targets over and over while fighting extremely high HP mobs. 

The current incarnation of the Legionnaire is a lot closer to that extreme than many people like. 

I won't lie, I like the standard MMO format of tank/dps/healer (though I see a very viable place for offensive and defensive support).

So yeah. I like firehose healers but in a pvp-centric game, I also see the validity of not having them and going with something more fluid like the Druid.

The answer is yes and no. There are ATs that have healing capability but there are no specific healers.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

The answer is yes and no. There are ATs that have healing capability but there are no specific healers.

Awhh :( It'd be really amazing if they had a support class honestly. But ooh well, as long as there are some type of healing roles :D

GC4PoQ3.png

Awhh :( It'd be really amazing if they had a support class honestly. But ooh well, as long as there are some type of healing roles :D

If you want to play a healer type I suggest looking at the Druid or Legionnaire; these are currently the 'support' archetypes.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

They do have supports, both Legionnaire and Druid are different types of healers with other forms of support in their toolset as well. I'm sure they'll see balancing and the promotion classes will further hone the role a player chooses.