Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Fri, November 4

When the session has ended, please use this forum to share your feedback about the playtest. If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly, please post about it in the testing bug forum.

Anyone with access to this phase of testing may participate in any playtest session, on any server.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I deleted my character "Stubbs" to switch the name from a champ to a legio, but when I logged into US East, I was still my champ.

*edit* whenever I create a character, I can no longer access the skill tree UI

Edited by Stubbs

Duelist
  • Really like the new animation / mobility changes on the duelist and the knight. Keep it coming.
  • I encountered a ton of bugs. I was burrowed but I was stuck on my regular attacks.
  • I'd like to see a small radius buff and timer reduction the duelist C's explosive barrel (not the ability it's self). It's not terrible, so this isn't high priority, but I think it would be nice.
General
  • I like the mobile campfires, but I think the duration is too short.
  • The change to the heal potion was a good one, this is my personal preference I would like to see an in-combat equivalent on a LONG cool down. I don't think more in-combat healing would be a bad thing, especially for certain archetypes that have limited or zero sustain.
  • I actually really like the loot rules now for the test. Durability loss for equipped items, and full loot for inventory. It works because acquiring weapons / armor is extremely time-consuming, in contrast to a game like UO where acquiring said items is relatively fast and painless.
Myrmidon
  • This is a balance suggestion, so not very important to the current test. I would like to see the health return coefficiency on berserk turned down from 1:1 to 1:0.5. You should receive half the damage you get hit for; not 100% per tick.
Crafting:
  • When you're crafting certain ingredients (like bars) you should be able to see the stats before you complete the item. This would give you an idea if you want to actually continue, or swap to a different ingredient to get the desired effect.
UI
  • Friendly and enemy health bars / name tags sometimes don't show up.
  • The "special" resource bars (essence, berserk, pips) meters need to be positioned center mass instead of off to the right.
  • You should be able to enable health bars / resource bars on your character's avatar.
Mobs
  • Mob respawn should be on a significantly lower cool down
Edited by helix

- Lag was crazy bad this test. Saw rubber banding, characters flying 100 meters into the air, etc.

- Before the lag got too crazy I played the duelist some and it felt much more fluid and responsive with the new movement changes. This definitely needs to be added to all of the remaining classes.

- I saw new PoI's, new monsters, etc. The world is really starting to come together and feel alive!

I'm not able to add much more in the way of feedback from this test due to the lag. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

I didint get rubberbanded unless i used my mino #1 ability. Was pretty consistent with the charge though.

However items not appearing in inventory is devastating, spent hours ~ collecting materials just for them to be lost when i hit "Take item". 

Feels completely random.

CfWBSig.png

When harvesting, the check for stamina is after the swing. I would think this should be at the start of the motion.

If I have the energy to swing the ax/hammer/pick I should get a result.

Mostly focused on testing crafting and gathering. Ore is too hard to find (so is skin) and each spawn returns too few resources (2-3 at most for tin). Haven't finished skinning to compare, since the server crashed. Durability on the pick is pretty low, enough for about 2.5 spawns only. "Have resources" button in crafting tab doesn't do anything, even though it's selected. Found a few tree spawns that could not be targeted and you could walk through them. Also ran into the opposite, tree that I couldn't see or walk through, but got "hold F", and got wood from it.

When gathering wood on the slopes, I had a few cases when resources ended up on top of the nearby tree, and could not be collected. They disappeared after a little while. Also, when gathering ore, I had a case where one tin and one dust showed up, I walked through them, the disappeared, but didn't show up in my inventory.

Crafting screen is hard to navigate. Some of the higher level items require a lot of components, and they are very hard to find.

Some animation problems when gathering ore. Seems like the character forgets that it's supposed to swing the pick, not just randomly move it around from side to side.

Oh, and resolution is still not fixed. I have super-widescreen monitor. In the native resolution, I can't see most of the UI. The only other resolution options that I get in full-screen mode are really strange (1980x820 or something like that) and not much better. Had to switch to windowed mode. Everything works fine in windowed mode, other than not being able to resize the window. By default it's covered by the toolbar. Had to switch toolbar off while playing.

Edited by ivolodin

Just a couple of thoughts before I do the spreadsheet.

• Crafting is pretty action heavy. A lot of clicking and next or confirms.
  • Clicking and dragging from loot box to inventory box moves something from inventory to loot box
  • Trees and rocks are "cursor target-able" from a really long way, maybe a proximity limit is in order?
  • Also there is no indicator as to what we're targeting. For example I killed a boar next to some rocks and a tree, and I had trouble targeting the boar
  • Should making a campfire really require meat???

That's all I can think of now, but I'll be back!

I'm a crafter/harvester by nature, and this will be primarily what I do when the games goes live.  So spending time harvesting only to be ganked by all the rodents running around, and having all that gear looted so I can't even test out most of the crafting recipes, is pretty frustrating.  I'm pretty terrible at this combat - the reactions are extremely slow and everything is jumping around the screen quite a bit even with my pretty good ping.  That said, I kept playing on for a bit because hopefully the harvesting at least is benefiting the testing somehow. 

Just a couple of thoughts before I do the spreadsheet.

• Should making a campfire really require meat???

That's all I can think of now, but I'll be back!

My poor campfire only lasted like 2 minutes? That can't be right?

Survivalist campfires are at the small end of the spectrum, think of them as a useful tool to heal off a group when you are no where near anything else. In the future I would expect bigger ones that have even more functionality.

Meat is an optional additive, and for a group it is a great way to do the thing it does for using that additive!

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

When I logged in my inventory was empty, even though it was full from the previous test. After about an hour of testing, I was logged out and when I logged back in, my inventory from the last test was back. I was also having weird inventory glitches where things would just not appear after crafting them (not related to failures that I know of, just not there). Also, I created a pretty awesome staff that randomly disappeared even though it was equipped. I didn't die, but I am not sure you can loot worn items anyway? I tried making a new staff but that one just plain failed (that's not a bug, just a rant :P). That's all the major bugs I found that I can remember for now. 

Couple of bugs I ran into this morning:

1. Grouped with a player named Bremmen. At one point, Bremmen was invisible to me, but I could still hear him chopping wood and see the impact flash of the axe on the tree. I would also see the tree disappear and the goobers fall. During this period, I could not harvest. If I attempted to, my character would freeze in place. Jumping removed me from that lock. Logging out and logging back in solved the issue.

2. Bremmen and I tried to group again with another player, Argasoth. I accepted Bremmen's invite and so did Argasoth. Neither of us appeared in a group with Bremmen, but Argasoth appeared in a group with me despite the fact that we were both still hostile (i.e. - red) to one another). I attempted to leave the group using /leavegroup, but the game informed me I was not in a group. Bremmen sent a second invite to me, which I accepted, and then Bremmen appeared in my group and properly green. Meanwhile, Argasoth was still in the group and still red. I was logging out, so I left the group and we fought. Bremmen and Argasoth killed me, but, even after I respawned, the Argasoth was still showing in my group indicator on the left side of the screen. 

3. Once while skinning a boar, a full-grown tree and a huge stone 'popped' from the dead boar. Both eventually disappeared. 

4. Not so much a bug as just something annoying, occasionally while harvesting ore, some of the goobers would fall into nearby stones. I would then have to harvest the stone to get to the ore. I'm sure that's not high on the list of things to deal with, just FYI.

First feedback after only 1 hour or more of testing the new patch

• EU server : yeah !! Green all the way is waaayyy better
  • The changes on tne knight and the duellist are really nice, i specially enjoyed the knight where you really can feel the difference, being able to use skills in move is really great
  • Hellcats ! Yeah will finally be able to finish my bow  :P  (maybe)

Save for later

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

This is a balance suggestion, so not very important to the current test; I would like to see the health return coefficiency on berserk turned down from 1:1 to 1:0.5. You should receive half the damage you get hit for, not 100% per tick.

This is there right answer for the Myrmidon.

Logging In, and getting started was pretty smooth for me.

The crafting systems seem pretty cool so far. Its never been my area of desire in games, but everything I have seen so far looks interesting at least :)

Harvesting is pretty standard if a little boring, but hey its harvesting what are you expecting. I plan to leave harvesting to other Players/NPC's/Vessels anyways. :P

Da Bad (or actually just annoying enough to get me to complain):

"Hold F to Harvest" - Change this so I do have to sit at my keyboard mashing the button for x hours. If you wanna make harvesting interesting make it a skill challenge something like reloading your gun in Gears or War. In any case, just change it to an auto action.

Full Screen Flash Effects - When crafting items the whole screen flashes white for a sec, it gives me a head ache / hurts my eyes.