Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Fri, November 4

Survivalist campfires are at the small end of the spectrum, think of them as a useful tool to heal off a group when you are no where near anything else. In the future I would expect bigger ones that have even more functionality.

Meat is an optional additive, and for a group it is a great way to do the thing it does for using that additive!

I get it now. No sit command cause you want to give it a "survivalist" feel to it in order to get the better health regen. That's kinda cool as long as it doesn't get too tedious. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

(Friday pm)

Playing Lego in a group with 2 other players. There were a lot of gravity issues, IE flying in the sky. Usually the person who was in the sky saw themselves standing right next to us but saw a blue target looking icon and they could not harvest and we could not see them. I assume because I weigh so much the Lego was the worst affected character. I was constantly thrown to the furthest side of the map and would have to walk all the way back to my teammates. (When I flew across the map we all saw it) Swinging at a non animating boar reproduced this pretty easily. Swinging at a target on the Lego was lurching me all over the place, past the mob so I would have to run back and try and hit again. But just walking along as a group of 3, one of us would always just go shooting into the sky. Again, that person saw themselves right next to us.

I really like the direction crafting is going! Yes, it hurt my head trying to follow what all I needed to craft my weapon though. I know that part will change. I love the crafting and harvesting potions.

Accepting a group invite IMO should have accept on the left and decline on the right.

How do I invite someone who has a space in their name? /invite Confessor X = "no player named Confessor X found"

At some point it started running me out of stamina when harvesting even though my stamina bar showed a decent amount left.

While using the plentiful harvest buff (not sure if related to that) we harvested a tree. Then we harvested ore and a tree grew/ popped out.

Finding the loot button on the boars is challenging.

A few times we were unable to pick up all of the harvested material even though we would run over it. It just floated there forever.

Edited by ferrydust

It's been a while since I did much playtesting here; wow, have things come a long ways.  Combat feels smooth, and the world looks lovely.  I only played around with the duelist today, so my input is going to be limited, but here are some thoughts so far:

• Crafting seems deep and complex; it took me a bit to figure out how to harvest the appropriate materials, but once I got the gist of things it was pretty intuitive to go from there.  I hadn't even been thinking of crafting much in the final game and this still feels very satisfying to tinker with.  Dying and losing all your precious mats also hurts, which is nice.
  • On the flip side, holding F to harvest is really tedious.  I second making it either auto cycle or more involved.  Long term, I'd also be happy if harvesting and crafting took appreciably longer than they do in this test.
  • The map is huge!  If there was a map function, I missed it, which made navigating mostly just wandering around until I found something.  I'm not sure that this is a bad thing (having a need for cartographers would be cool), but it made testing a little tricky as I roamed around looking for ore.
  • Combat feels very long against other players.  Maybe I just suck, but it would be nice to see some way to burst down a target in at least some scenarios.
  • I noticed a feel display bugs with objects floating in the air, or one death where I appeared to have been driven 10 meters into the earth.  I'll try to post pictures of these in the bug thread.

Things were going pretty good this morning.  However as the day went on many bugs began to creep in, until I just had to log now because it's almost umplayable.

-  This morning skinning was fine, however in the last hour I am unable to skin hellcats or muskrats as it still wants me to loot.

-  As the day went on and I logged in and out to clear errors, I started getting a bunch of 0 stacks of etheral dust.

-  When I deleted the dust I was unable to use that inventory slot even though it was empty (the slot was actually a darker shade of black)

-  Relogging cleared the delete error, but it was too late as things seem extremly bugged now

-  Later in the session any item I created did not appear in my pack.  I suspect those slots i trashed items in are broken and my inventory is full

-  We use mob corpses to trade items, however at the end of the play session I couldnt even put items on a corpse anymore (item now found)

-  Extreme warping around the map at the end of my playsession.  The last time I was stuck way above the world where I could see the curvature of the earth and the map we are currently playing.

However I did have fun, and hope a quick reboot will fix this.

Inventory has filled up with 0 quantity items that I had previously stacked. Unable to use those inventory slots now.

Some inventory items have gone invisible - example: a stack of apples is now invisible but newly looted apples still stack so I cannot eat any apple

Lots of rubberbanding

Harvesting items get stuck in other objects often when the node is close to an object

People appear to be flying through the sky often when I see them running around

So far crafting has worked well, I haven't encountered any crafting related bugs

Edited by miskal

Could we PLEASE have an [Are you sure?] button if you accidentally click [ABORT] during crafting?

Also if you log out then back in you no longer have any active potions, not an issue for test due to pvp disconnects, but accidental disconnects during actual game might suck if this happens and you have a stack of potions on you.

Edited by Mother_Fable

Ex-Member of :   Lf6MJUL.png  Re-applying soon!

US west coast server, Jagour and I and one other were grouping up to do some harvesting. we had some connectivity issues and dropped and came back. kept trying to get everyone in the group and no one listed as "red" (my screen showed all 3 of us in group but Jagour (legionnaire) was red.  We couldn't figure out how to trade so we decided to kill and loot items.  Jagour was red so i surrounded him with Druid orbs and detonated them, then the server crashed. It crashed right when i blew up the orbs. Good times were had by all. 

Side note, is there a way to trade without murdering your friends (i am ok with this non-standard form of trade by my friends are less happy about it)

I should probably sent an email to support, but Windows 10 smart Screen App block all files from Artcraft Entertainment company downloads - can you guys email Microsoft and tell them to fix their poorly made socks Windows 10. 

I`m soon back to Windows 7 Ultimate next week, custard this garbage new version windows 10. 

*I can`t type in chat on the login screen - and when I try to join a campaign it stops loading in Windows 10 ultimate version.

*I tested both with windows 10 smartscreen disabled and enaled & Windows firewall on/off - it doesn`t load when I click join the server.

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Here is my feedback for Saturday Nov 5th - playtime about 1 hour.

CHAT - SFX - the pa-ching sound is very loud, should probably be reserved for direct whispers rather than every chat

ARCHETYPE - MYRMIDON - Raging Bull Ability has no tooltip

HOLD F TO HARVEST - doesn't tell me what I'm going to try and harvest (i.e. Stone, Tree, etc)

CRAFTING UI - When I create something, i.e. another crafting tool, I am unable to right click it in the inventory portion of the screen to equip it. I have to close and reopen as inventory UI and then I can right-click to equip.

CRAFTING TOOLS - If a crafting tool breaks mid-harvest and I already have a replacement in my inventory it should auto-equip it so that I can continue to havest rather than requiring me to manually open the ui and equip it.

TREE HARVEST ANIMATION - Suggestion - Instead of having the main trunk of the tree disappear during harvest, it should fall over and 'explode' into the wood resources when it hits the ground. Additionally, if the tree is going to respawn in the same exact place, when done harvesting I think the stump should be left behind rather than completely gone. This would let players know that trees will respawn in the area, and prevent the area from seeming completely empty. 

Duelist
-The white spinning coin that appears when using Inconceivable keeps spinning indefititely after.
-Got repetedly stuck in stones while trying to harvest them. Only a RMB allows to get out of the situation.
-Appears shady after getting in and out of burrow.
-can jump out of the dirt while in burrow mode, without leaving the burrow mode.
-can walk on water
-basic pistol equipped properly, but does not show in the durability status (top right corner of UI)
-while in burrow, burrow skills do not show up (sticking with main unburrow skill set)

Legionnaire
-collision with trees/stones/ore nodes while harvesting them happens mid body rather than head (thus making the human torso part appearing inside the tree/stone/ore node)
-while harvesting stone, tool impact visual effect shows on a random side of the rock rather than in front of the character
-polearm "flying" mid-air next to the right character's arm while mining ore
-died, lost compass after respawn
-<disconnect> appears when all else (including game, VOIP, etc) is working fine

I encountered mostly the same bugs as others.

As Confessor, while crafting on Friday, I would have items I crafted occasionally disappear after it was completed and I clicked on "take".

As Duelist, while crafting on Saturday, I didn't have that issue.  I did find it odd that I could burrow underwater and craft.  It was frustrating trying to craft and not even realize you were under attack until you notice items vanishing from your inventory.

Inventory boxes would vanish, leaving you unable to fill them with items.

I would like to see a local chat so I can communicate to the people in my immediate area since vessel names are different from the names needed to communicate.

Game play was smooth for me.  Scenery is looking nice.  I don't think I'll be investing a lot of time into testing crafting though since the hours I spend harvesting items are blown in a matter of seconds so someone else can use my ex-stuff for their crafting.  :P  

Something disturbing about rodents burrowing into people.

Rodent Costume

https://youtu.be/jzDamGwbTsc

Fairly sure folks have said this but on the off chance... press (and hold) to harvest needs to go away. I fear for the life of my F key, and i need that key to curse properly. Also an auto run button would be nice same reason as above. 

Not sure why there are so few animals, we need more of those. Maybe they do not respawn? So please give us more NPCs to skin... either that or let us skin players, i'm ok with that too.

Druid, if i jump into the air and then click my dash (while in mid air) all the things are broken from that point on.  any successive dash will send me up into the air, and i am fairly certain i can no longer harvest properly. Maybe the dash in mid air messes up the z axis? 

crafting is good but the lack of animal products is a major bottleneck.

Hello Folks

I figured that this has been posted but what the heck. I was trying to craft a medium wood shield and did half a dozen and they all came up as junk objects with a helm icon. I tried the small wood shield and it did the same. I did craft a basic stone sword and buckler shield that worked. When I used the buckler it showed in the slot for the shield but you can't see it on the character and it didn't seem to be blocking. I was ganked by a ranger and the buckler didn't seem to do much in the way of blocking. I realize that it is a Frisbee on my arm but seemed a bit light for any kind of armor. I did have a ton of lag in that fight but others combat moments seemed manageable for pre-alpha. 

Oh thanks for the bag full of mats whoever tried to gank me.

Update:

​I got the medium shield to craft but you can't see it on the character.

Have a good one everyone

Tick

craft_2.png

craft_1.jpg

4ae710a9fc62e041eb01f66a20d05e505971ccf5

Edited by Woodtick

It’s a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to. - Bilbo

A lot of the problems I had have already been listed, however:

• Duelist is so small they can walk into the roots on the largest trees and "hide" there with nothing showing. Great trick to craft with little to no chance of getting ganked.
  • I almost never have the text entry box show so i cannot chat or use commands. Some times it appears after dying but not all the time.
  • Legio's jump looks "off".
  • Sometimes items that appear from harvesting cannot be picked up.

You probably aren't going to get a lot of good data on crafting because most people give up the first time their inventory glitches and components disappear.

I had several different crafting bugs but the biggest was just having most of the components when crafting a bow just disappear from my inventory. I had completed everything, went to combine the final 4 components and and the most difficult one had just disappeared.

I logged out and back in hoping it would reappear and all of the components were gone. Not just the one that went missing at first.

Then the entire crafting process was bugged where selecting take item sent you back to combining in an endless loop

Lots of rubberbanding and the glitched movement made hitting with ranged weapons near impossible.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I'm no stranger to gankfests as an old alumnus of AC's DT, but my issue is that this is pre-alpha testing.  I want to test all facets as per the spreadsheet, but I will not spend my time gathering, crafting components only to be ganked and lose it all.  If we have to form up guilds in a pre-alpha to contend with the open pvp capabilities in this test environment, then I'll wait as I don't want to PLAY right now.  I want to get in, test and go PLAY a game that has launched; not waste my time trying to test and then not be able to because others want to run around ganking.

Capiche?

Edited by AkeGamer

There is a nonworking node at 924.7, 2.0, 1569.3

Also some trees I was able to walk through at 1383.0, 6.8, 1399.7 which also could not be cut down by me.

Forgot to mention I was on the East Coast server.

Edited by Miown

I'm no stranger to gankfests as an old alumnus of AC's DT, but my issue is that this is pre-alpha testing.  I want to test all facets as per the spreadsheet, but I will not spend my time gathering, crafting components only to be ganked and lose it all.  If we have to form up guilds in a pre-alpha to contend with the open pvp capabilities in this test environment, then I'll wait as I don't want to PLAY right now.  I want to get in, test and go PLAY a game that has launched; not waste my time trying to test and then not be able to because others want to run around ganking.

Capiche?

I mostly agree with this. Either structure the tests to focus on combat data or give people a place to craft in peace. I don't have a problem with the pvp or looting in fact I like it. But I just don't think this is a good way to gather TEST data.