Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

FEEDBACK for Fri, November 4

A few of these suggestions would be fine, but play to crush fellas, or at least roll with a group to protect yourselves.

This game is really about group play. Venture out alone and - it this game is healthy - you will absolutely be attacked. Every time.

I hope that doesn't change.

I do like a 30 second or so immunity on logging in or resurrecting.

Check the guild recruitment forums. Lots of great guilds are recruiting.

A few of these suggestions would be fine, but play to crush fellas, or at least roll with a group to protect yourselves.

This game is really about group play. Venture out alone and - it this game is healthy - you will absolutely be attacked. Every time.

Play?  What game are we playing?  How do you win?   What's the point?

Btw, my suggestion for the crafted potion to avoid combat while gathering/crafting is already available...Hamster Stealth FTW.

Let me be clear since I've received some nasty more private responses to my posts.  I'm no O_o and I have enjoyed hard core open PvP for over 15 years.  I don't want my feedback to result in the softening of the open PvP gameplay we are expecting from Crowfall.  I simply am trying to communicate the fact that we have been invited to conduct BW Testing and attempting to do this is any efficient manner is crippled by the current land block ruleset "Dregs".  I too want to have fun playing Crowfall, but now is not the time.  The game isn't complete or ready and the more time it takes for us to test, the longer it will be until we can play.  If you don't get my point and just want to call me names, have at it, but you need to think a bit longer term than this 2d BW test.

Edited by AkeGamer

well on the other hand the question is also how to actually test for example the new changes to duelist, myrm and knight (I think those three are with the new full body animation or whatever they are called) without actually engaging into combat or at least try things out. In essence I don't count the PvE against zombies, cats and boars as any sort indication how the changes feel in terms of real combat. 

so it is a bit of a strange situation going on right now. Also even if the main thing is still harvesting & crafting - get into a group as soon as you log in. It helps with group nodes for harvesting and offers a bit more protection when crafting - or go into houses/very remote areas. There are a few spots where little to no people go. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Alright, i have spent many many -many- hours testing, i will hold off on the bugs for the bugs forum.

Okay i think in general, crafting has alot of depth and complexity, however, with that being said. There honestly does not feel a point to alot of the hard work of adding extra materials to add stats to items. The scaling of the bonus's are micro, getting a amazing crits on increasing stats up to like 60% gave me a extra 5 hit points on a armor. So in total i got like 15 hit points from a piece of armor. On a knight, thats a 0.02% increase in a health stat. This was the best item i have been able to make, and again, hours of trial and error to get there. Same with almost every other stat.

So what you have here, is tons and tons of risk and time and hard work for a total of <1% advantage over other people. Thats potato. Obviously alot of revision needs to be made and im sure alot of the attributes haven't even been scaled or flushed out per point wise. Just saying, revision 1 feels way off the mark stat wise.

However, the weapon difference between default->basic->'advanced' is pretty big. From default to the advanced weapon (the best weapon you can make) its roughly 2.5x~ the damage. This feels impactful and the first priority to everyone i played with was get people a new weapon. This felt like a goal to work forward to with payoff. The stats didint matter(except of course min, max damage attributes), but the raw weapon did.

With all that being said, the higher quality material in my inventory, by large, felt useless. The quantity of it rarely was enough to craft anything with it and the bonus's it gave when i finally gathered enough were moot. Also, what added to this feel was in effect, with the right RNG in your disfavor, you could make better items with common material then with rare material. RNG is fun unless its pure RNG and material quality crafting is pure RNG. I feel there needs to be a baseline bonus per tier, not big, but enough that there is always a difference, then the rest = RNG.

That brings us to armor. I felt, the choice between armor was painful to make. Almost to the point most of us went with out armor. Leather made us take more damage from physical. Thats right, MORE damage then going naked. Thats at least what the tooltip seemed to imply. The mail and plate slowed us down and this game can quickly turn in to a game of cat and mouse so no of us wanted that burden. I think this also needs a 'baseline', like all armor inceases everything by 10% then depending on the type that is increased by different amounts, or not at all.

The gathering is fun but its completely one dimensional. One side effect is we noticed quickly if someone in our group didint have potions they were not allowed to hit on the nodes. I think this will have a unintended side effect after release for new players entering the game. Basically, you join crowfall 4 months after start, join a guild and now you have to wait another 4 months before that guild lets you hit on nodes. You are useless if you go harvesting, you will suck up nodes that more trained players should use. Not sure how to get around this, the same thing with crafting, the guild will only funnel resources to people who are trained, basically new players should only go combat, more meat for the grinder.

Okay this brings me to my last part. The runesmith tool section. I think this needs to be adjusted quite a bit. What we found is once someone got access to gold in one way or another the entire system was now bypassed. Everyone made gold runestones and ignored all the others. So the goal is a single person get access to gold and then never have to worry about it again. Also, skill wise the current setup is silly, you have to train in skills in series in order to get the last gold runestone one. Basically, once you trained the gold runestone skill the other ones became useless. That shouldnt be how the skill system works, the last is the best for sure but the other ones that feed it should stack bonus's.

So my suggestion is this; all material types should be able to mine all other material types, that means copper can mine gold. However, you get bonus's if you use a particular type of material on another. Like using copper on silver would net you additional resources, or even a higher crit chance. The skill training increases this so there is a desire to have all of them. So what this does is you may have different type runestones in your inventory so you can swap them out to get the best one for the job. Or you dont and ignore the bonus's but theres still a possibility for a reward for a little bit of extra work.

CfWBSig.png

Thoughts so far on harvesting, nodes etc, purely imo....Far too convoluted, who needs all those pick/axe/skinning knife types, i mean really??

Nodes would be far easier to identify with name showing at mouseover.

Would have liked to test the other crafting systems, but i got bored just trying to find nodes, make tools to get said nodes...

Thoughts so far on harvesting, nodes etc, purely imo....Far too convoluted, who needs all those pick/axe/skinning knife types, i mean really??

Nodes would be far easier to identify with name showing at mouseover.

Would have liked to test the other crafting systems, but i got bored just trying to find nodes, make tools to get said nodes...

I disagree on your first point because I think that depth is essentially content for the crafters. It is a PITA for most testers who aren't OCD crafter types.

I agree on the mouseover on nodes. Should identify what you are harvesting - at least it should if you are able to harvest it. Although there is some charm to forcing us to know what we're doing by visual cue only.

You win by not coming to the boards crying about being killed while testing a hardcore PvP game solo.

It's not a hardcore PvP game, it's a pre-alpha of a hardcore PvP game. We are supposed to test crafting, not PvP. We need this done to get to the point of it eventually being a hardcore PvP game. Then, maybe not everyone is interested in that?

Time to Harvest Mats

My biggest concern so far with BW is the amount of time it takes to harvest the resources to make one nice set of gear.  If gear is to be expendable then the amount of mats and length of time needed to create a single set needs to be reduced greatly.  poorly made socks tier gear should take about 15-20 minutes (without any distractions) to farm solo IMO when the game hits live. Time to harvest the required mats is now less than it was before this test, but still takes far too long IMO.

Of course the more advanced pieces with all the additives should take more time and care to craft and harvest the mats.  Though the current time requirements to harvest for one poorly made socks tier is far too outrageous.  How many people are we supposed to have harvesting for how many hours a day to gear out each member of our guild and have a few spare sets of gear each?

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

We are supposed to test crafting, not PvP. 

Where did you get that idea? Perhaps the devs didn't get the memo. They seem to have screwed up and allowed the players to attack one another.

Look, all of this stuff needs tested and it needs tested in as close to a live environment as possible. The devs don't need us to test the predictable poorly made socks. They need us to break the game, or try to, and then report it. Testing any instrument in conditions significantly different from the ultimate implementation is risky. Unforeseen complications arise that way.

Yes, it sucks to have your digital stuff taken, but that sense of danger is a big part of the game. The angst you're feeling is something the devs need to understand and build for and I think most of this stuff needs to be tested in a real PvP environment.

Maybe they will put up a small world for only testing crafting formulae, where they give us the mats and say go get em tiger. That's not what've done here though. They made a Big World, forcing player interaction and conflict while simultaneously requiring the gathering and crafting that are actually content primarially related to generating and participating in group PvP.

Most of the large guilds aren't targeting solo harvesters or crafters anyway. Sometimes they get bored and do a little of that stuff, but by-in-large, this has been extremely gentle. Just find a group or run on a Rat if all you want to do is test the crafting and you should be fine. Should be. No promises.

It's not a hardcore PvP game, it's a pre-alpha of a hardcore PvP game. We are supposed to test crafting, not PvP. We need this done to get to the point of it eventually being a hardcore PvP game. Then, maybe not everyone is interested in that?

Devs can answer for themselves but I would think there is value in testing these systems under close to real game conditions. Crafting/gathering may be the focus atm but PvP and combat should always be something that is gathering data.

This BW testing milestone is the start of testing the game under live game conditions. Would seem like a backwards step IMO if they start disabling functions at this point.

Harvesting:  `Hold F`.    I don't like it at all.  

This is horrible in comparison to most any games I've played and enjoyed.   I would much rather that you `Press F` to start and then are able to type if needed or alt-tab briefly so that you can be more functional while performing the dry task of harvesting.

I'm not sure what benefit you're identifying in the necessity of holding down the key, but I think your team should take a long look at how highly active players are going to be affected by this - and then ask yourself "Is it a positive experience for the player?"

It might seem like a very small difference, but getting back that 5-10 seconds per node is a pretty big change for harvesting players who wish to multi-task.

----

ALSO:   you might want to look at the character `Jaguar` on my account, I had a mess of inventory issues causing me to not be able to unequip items, unable to see items entering my inventory (including being unable to collect logs.  lol).  Had a ton of zero stacks which I tried to delete, but the inventory slots are now bugged with invisible entries.

Edited by spottycat

◄ Jaguar / Tasho ▬ Knights of Glory and Beer ►

Master of Useless Darkfall Physics Spells and Originator of Shrapnel/Begone Jumping

wYG89dW.jpg

I am loving the combat changes to Myrmidon, Knight & Duelist. THIS is the fun fast action combat I've been begging for. Even with the bugs and server issues (rubber banding, getting shot in the air etc) I'm having a TON of fun. You're actually able to get combos off, use counter play in a fun fast meaningful way.

I'm giddy, will post more meaningful feedback later I just wanted to say how awesome these changes have been.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

#4 on burrowing hamster needs to do a stamina drain or increase cool down. I love it but too easy with that cool down to keep up or get away.

Oh god... this.... Yes please.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Yes, it sucks to have your digital stuff taken, but that sense of danger is a big part of the game.

I repeat what was said earlier: part of what game? This thing we are testing is not Crowfall.

Also, it's not like we haven't tested PvP for the past year or so...

Edited by elowallo

I repeat what was said earlier: part of what game? This thing we are testing is not Crowfall.

Also, it's not like we haven't tested PvP for the past year or so...

If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire..... Or find some friends to play with.... Welcome to Crowfall!

YouTube Channel

Time to Harvest Mats

My biggest concern so far with BW is the amount of time it takes to harvest the resources to make one nice set of gear.  If gear is to be expendable then the amount of mats and length of time needed to create a single set needs to be reduced greatly.  poorly made socks tier gear should take about 15-20 minutes (without any distractions) to farm solo IMO when the game hits live. Time to harvest the required mats is now less than it was before this test, but still takes far too long IMO.

Of course the more advanced pieces with all the additives should take more time and care to craft and harvest the mats.  Though the current time requirements to harvest for one poorly made socks tier is far too outrageous.  How many people are we supposed to have harvesting for how many hours a day to gear out each member of our guild and have a few spare sets of gear each?

I'm sure there will be a lot of further balancing on crafting, Destrin makes a good point. If you look at EVE, the willingness to take a fight is directly related to the cost of the ships. If there is no strategic asset on the line you don't risk the expensive fleet in a fight that is not even or better odds in your favor.

Players just dock up and let boredom do the fighting. The faster basic competitive gear can be replaced the more willing players are to risk it in pvp (and thus generate content). This of course still needs to be balanced so their is demand and value in top level gear however.